PDA

View Full Version : what i dont get...

~DD~Apocalypse
09-17-2003, 04:15 PM
how do u make these mishapen objects (my trial version has not arrived in the mail yet =( im so sad ) , well like a lava lamp lets say. that would be simple with the cones and and junk but how would u make a platow'd off objects?
and, like, lets say a ....... a coil, like a sring, how the heck would u make sumthing like that?
PS
omg i am sick of waiting for the trial thingy!!!! IT LOOKS SO COOOL!!!!
im gunna be a 1337 graphic artist =)

riki
09-17-2003, 06:58 PM
what's a 1337 Graphic Artist??

jb_gfx
09-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by riki
what's a 1337 Graphic Artist??

1337 = elite or leet, it's a term derivated from the Demo Scene, it's sound more like a childish joke nowadays.

Take a look at http://www.scene.org if you don't know what the Demo Scene is.

OldSkool rulez :)

Originally posted by ~DD~Apocalypse
how do u make these mishapen objects (my trial version has not arrived in the mail yet =( im so sad ) , well like a lava lamp lets say. that would be simple with the cones and and junk but how would u make a platow'd off objects?
and, like, lets say a ....... a coil, like a sring, how the heck would u make sumthing like that?

The steps are fairly easy:

1. RTFM

2. Work

3. There is no 3rd step

Phil
09-18-2003, 05:29 AM
Step 3 is 'make profit', hopefully :)

munky
09-18-2003, 07:42 AM
How about send in the invoice as the third step?

or running around with your shirt pulled up over your face hugging your mates after every sequence hits the back of the net?

OH and on the RTFM point DD why don't you download the manual from newteks download page as a pdf?

also browse those numerous tutorials across the web

regards

paul

Matt
09-18-2003, 08:15 AM
jb_gfx thanks for the link dude! ahhhhhh those fond memories of Amiga megademos, music disks, bobs, shade bobs, copper lists, vectors, mods and the other stuff I've forgotten!

Those were great times!

:)

riki
09-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Okay thanks I get it now. But kind of wish that I didn't.

jb_gfx
09-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Matt
jb_gfx thanks for the link dude! ahhhhhh those fond memories of Amiga megademos, music disks, bobs, shade bobs, copper lists, vectors, mods and the other stuff I've forgotten!

Those were great times!

:)

Vectoballs, scrolltexts, gouraud shading.. :D

Matt
09-18-2003, 11:43 AM
hehe! what else was there?

~DD~Apocalypse
09-26-2003, 07:36 PM
so how would i make.... a pencil... how would i make a 3d render of a pencil. need the hex. tubish thingy and the cylender and how do i like round edges.. i r so confused. =(

WizCraker
09-27-2003, 12:45 AM
We can't keep on telling you how to make objects you have to figure out some things for yourself. Look at a pencil what does it look like? What shapes are found on a pencil? Is it sharpened? There are four basic shapes that can manipulated into anything and that does not take in affect that you can draw splines or go point by point and conect those points to become a polygon. If you do not understand about these simple shapes I would suggest you take an Art Class at your local community college to get the basics.