PDA

View Full Version : ToothBrush

cg-freak
09-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Helleu all,

Hope it's not offending to post my brush as well, I saw that another one was posted by cresshead, wich looks very good.

Took almost two days of modelling, rendering and tweaking.

I'm trying to optimize/speed up my modelling and photorealistic rendering.

Bye...

:)

cg-freak
09-17-2003, 03:42 PM
Another render...

cg-freak
09-17-2003, 03:42 PM
And the final one for now...

peterplezier
09-17-2003, 03:52 PM
mwa, pretty nice photographs, however this forum is intended for lightwave work.

shot it with your digital cam and photoshopped some text in the photo eh?

Terrificfool
09-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Ahem...
That is 3d work, not photoshopping, if you notice, all the effects done are not what you would actually see in real life, but very close... the lack of overexposure, and the lack of dark shadows shows that its 3d cg, not an edited image.

renderingfarmer
09-17-2003, 10:39 PM
Yea, I think peterplezier was joking/complimenting. If not, hmm, well whatever.

Very cool. I'm particularly interested in how you did the Bristles. Would you enlighten us? That's what kept my toothbrush model (yes I have one too hehe) from ever being considered done: those damn unrealistic bristles. Yours look great.

cg-freak
09-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Thank you vely much...

As for the bristles, I still think they look a little odd.

I created a cylinder with about 20 cegments in y and in the second layer i created some points in an oval shape then point clone+ and bend about 30 degrees.

The secret I think, is to watch your real brush wich you used for about 2 months. You can see that the bristle shape tapers outwards at the top. This is something you can do also before the last bending step.

Grtzzzz...

cg-freak
09-18-2003, 05:01 AM
Last render for now, on to the next project...

Baai

Zarathustra
09-19-2003, 07:36 AM
Hey, that's my toothbrush!

Nice work. "Coral-C"? Afraid of a lawsuit or something?

Gary W
09-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Nice, very nice indeed :D

feckit
09-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Like I always say on these occasions, it just needs a little dirt and a few subtle blemishes, flaws and scratches on all the surfaces to make it look really real.

Terrificfool
09-21-2003, 05:04 PM
yeah, some discrepencies.. unless ur doing this like a visualization type thing for a commercial(it looks like that anyways) so if u do it that way, they wouldn't want any mistakes, they want their item to look perfect right? In my opinion they would, but I haven't done any work for a company yet(only 15 hehe)

cg-freak
09-22-2003, 01:10 AM
I agree with you feckit, when I see some artwork that should be photoreal it needs those discrepancies and dirt and so on.

What I'm trying to do is to make it look photoreal but also as clean as possible as this is intended for my portfolio wich I am working on (just started)

This is probably my first finished model, although in my perfectionist-vision it is never finished, hahahaha

I want to start to make some money with my humble modelling/rendering skills as a freelance 3D visualizer.
So the object for this image is to make it look clean, fresh and crispy.

Terrificfool is exactly right about the "perfectness" of the product...

Grtzzzzz...

CG-Freak

feckit
09-22-2003, 01:49 AM
It's more or less a general complaint I have with almost all CG I see.
The keyword is 'subtle' though. You can add those discrepancies without making the product look shabby. The viewer notices them on almost at a subconsious level.
Still, it's great work regardless)

Gui Lo
09-22-2003, 02:37 AM
hi,
great looking stuff.
Kinda airbrushed-photo-real marketing style. I particularly like the blue 'rubber' transluscent surface and the packaging.

IMHO you went OTT on the bristle modelling and it looks like it now suffers from Morai(sp?) effect. Probably raise the AA or reducing the poly count on them would help.

Gui Lo

mattclary
09-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Great work! Gui Lo, you mean "moire", I think.

http://www.sandlotscience.com/Moire/Moire_frm.htm

cresshead
09-22-2003, 05:48 AM
wow! they look very realistic the only thing that stops it from being a real photo for me is the bristles look to have an antialaising problem...

i must make the printed packaging for my reach toothbrush and
probably re light it too.

bristles are a pain eh??!!**

steve g

cg-freak
09-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Thanx for the compliments and yeah bristles and moire suck big time! hahahaha..

Grtzzzzzz...

CG-Freak:D :D :D :D

cg-freak
09-23-2003, 05:09 AM
Resistance is futile...

Grtzzzz....

Freaky:D

cg-freak
09-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Final package, the original...

Grtzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cg-freak
09-25-2003, 04:49 PM
He, I saw stars behind this thread. How does that work? Is it the same as a poll?

Grtzzzz.....:o

Gary W
09-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by cg-freak
He, I saw stars behind this thread. How does that work? Is it the same as a poll?

Grtzzzz.....:o

I think you're talking about thread ratings.