PDA

View Full Version : Meshweaver - Nurnie Collections - Quadpanels - News & Special Deals

Fabio
08-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Some recent updates From Meshweaver:

The entire site has had a full rebuild & makeover - If you haven't visited for a while - be sure to check it out!

As of this weekend the Ultimate Nurnie Collections will be available as a download. There is no more waiting for your collections, or indeed any other product; to arrive in the regular post. Delivery will be immediate and you can get started right away!

For those of you that have heard of the excellent detailing plug-in Quadpanels for Lightwave - you will be pleased to know that Meshweaver and Quadpanels' author have arranged a special deal for new and existing owners of the plug-in.

Quadpanels lends itself brilliantly to the Ultimate Nurnie Collections and full details can be found here on the Quadpanels Information Page.

QUADPANELS SPECIAL DEAL (http://www.liberty3d.com/quadpanels)

...and in this thread HERE (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111053)

The current Summer deals will cease at the end of August - so be sure not to miss out on some great savings!!

Pop to the site for more information: MESHWEAVER (http://www.meshweaver.com)

All the best - Fabs'

jrandom
08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
As of this weekend the Ultimate Nurnie Collections will be available as a download.

Woo hoo! So... since I recently purchased it but have not yet received it in the mail, does this mean I can go to the site and download it?

Drocket
08-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Woo hoo! So... since I recently purchased it but have not yet received it in the mail, does this mean I can go to the site and download it?

Yep I did the same thing, still waiting for mine to be delivered, being able to download them now would be very handy :)

Fabio
08-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Everybody who purchased within the last three weeks has been sent a download link in an email addressed to their payment email address- please make sure that your spam filter is not intercepting it :)

jrandom
08-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Everybody who purchased within the last three weeks has been sent a download link in an email addressed to their payment email address- please make sure that your spam filter is not intercepting it :)

And there it is! Yay!

Does this also include the Weathering Tutorial? I ask because I purchased both collections 1&2.

Fabio
08-09-2010, 09:04 PM
No sorry - the Quadpanels special deal does not include the Weathering Tutorial for free on the bundle.

But the price on that Tutorial has been reduced now - and the new price - MINUS the postage makes it 50% of the original cost - :)

Fabio
08-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Oh and the weathering tutorial will soon be updated to take into account features within the latest Photoshop version and possibly a little more detail too - which will be sent out to ALL prior customers FOC. :)

jrandom
08-09-2010, 09:52 PM
I just unpacked the nurnie collections. These are great! Worth every penny.

Drocket
08-09-2010, 11:19 PM

Hi Fabio,

I checked but didn't receive the email you mention and I checked my spam folder but still nothing, I will send you a pm with my order details.

Thanks,

Andrew.

jrandom
08-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I tried to order the Weathering tutorial and got this error:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/meshwevr/public_html/linklokipn.php on line 1000

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.paypal.com:80 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution) in /home/meshwevr/public_html/linklokipn.php on line 1000
Transaction not authenticated. payment_status= pending_reason= result=

JamesCurtis
08-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm kinda hoping that I would still be able to take advantage of the Quad_panel Meshweaver Nurnie Collection deal price [25% Off] after August 31st or early September as I won't get a check from a client on a job I'm currently doing and be able to afford the sets till then.

jameswillmott
08-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm kinda hoping that I would still be able to take advantage of the Quad_panel Meshweaver Nurnie Collection deal price [25% Off] after August 31st or early September as I won't get a check from a client on a job I'm currently doing and be able to afford the sets till then.

As far as I know the offer is open indefinitely until otherwise withdrawn.

Fabio
08-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Fabio, I checked but didn't receive the email you mention and I checked my spam folder but still nothing, I will send you a pm with my order details.Thanks,Andrew.

This has now been resolved :)

I just unpacked the nurnie collections. These are great! Worth every penny.

I thank you sir! - Glad you're happy with them! :)

I tried to order the Weathering tutorial and got this error:
There were sporadic DNS issues last night - for a short while Meshweaver was unattainable on the web - you must just have had the bad luck to make the purchase just as the NS issues were resolving themselves - I have mailed out a fresh download link to you as I type :):thumbsup:

As James mentioned the Quadpanels special deal is open indefinitely until circumstances change for whatever reason :)

JamesCurtis
08-12-2010, 02:41 PM
As far as I know the offer is open indefinitely until otherwise withdrawn.

Glad to hear it!

Thanks!

3dWannabe
08-27-2010, 09:20 PM
There's a problem with the Meshweaver site. I just tried to order and with javascript turned on for Meshweaver, got the warning about unauthorized content in my payPal page.

I turned javascript off and got the cross-site-scripting warning from noScript.

This really needs to be addressed. I've never seen this in all the time I've used Paypal, so this pretty much looks like the site is trying to get my PalPal info.

I sent Favio an email on this, which hopefully will get thru his spam detector.

Fabio
08-28-2010, 06:04 AM
This is OK. The PHP script I use checks that you have indeed purchased the collection before it authorises and creates a secure download for the collection based upon your paypal transaction details. This is to ensure that you are a legitimate buyer and not someone trying to hack the download location.

Paypal transaction ID codes and transaction amount data are used for verification and download creation and no personal information is logged - it's not allowed by paypal anyway... :)

You are most likely using IE7 or higher to purchase and it is I.E. that complains about this - it is overly paranoid about browsing security when compared to other browsers. Firefox, Chrome and Safari will not make a fuss about it.. :)

Hope that clarifies the situation

Fabs'

3dWannabe
08-28-2010, 07:08 AM
This is OK. The PHP script I use checks that you have indeed purchased the collection before it authorises and creates a secure download for the collection based upon your paypal transaction details. This is to ensure that you are a legitimate buyer and not someone trying to hack the download location.

Paypal transaction ID codes and transaction amount data are used for verification and download creation and no personal information is logged - it's not allowed by paypal anyway... :)

You are most likely using IE7 or higher to purchase and it is I.E. that complains about this - it is overly paranoid about browsing security when compared to other browsers. Firefox, Chrome and Safari will not make a fuss about it.. :)

Hope that clarifies the situation

Fabs'
No, I am using Firefox. There's no way I'm purchasing when firefox is warning me and noscript is warning me. This has NEVER happened with ANY other purchase, and I buy a lot of things.

Please resolve this.

WillBellJr
08-28-2010, 11:03 AM
I snatched up the tutorial (finally) since I already have the 2 collections - thanks!

-Will

jrandom
08-28-2010, 11:12 AM
No, I am using Firefox. There's no way I'm purchasing when firefox is warning me and noscript is warning me. This has NEVER happened with ANY other purchase, and I buy a lot of things.

Please resolve this.

This is odd, as I use Firefox and got no warnings at all.

3dWannabe
08-28-2010, 12:39 PM
This is odd, as I use Firefox and got no warnings at all.
Which version are you using, and do you have the latest version of NoScript installed?

Running without NoScript leaves you very vulnerable even with FireFox.

As to the cross-site-scripting attack, this is basically how it works:

Script is injected onto a secure page from PayPal. When You click on a button, that script can see the other objects on the page like your password, and it's running as if it were logged into PayPal.

This is not a good thing. It can also send a cookie to a distant server which can use that to authenticate transactions.

Any time there are warnings like this, you have to take them very seriously.

Fabio
08-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Well - it was as I thought - and there is nothing wrong at all - but the problem was as simple as it was fantastically ludicrous... ;)

Such is the paranoia of the browsers and safety plugins nowadays that they all took exception to the simple fact that the graphic of Meshweaver used in the Header section of the initial paypal payment page was not being hosted on a secure server - and because this IMAGE was not delivered securely - red flags were raised...:rolleyes:

I've changed the page back to the paypal default - problem solved...

jrandom
08-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Such is the paranoia of the browsers and safety plugins nowadays that they all took exception to the simple fact that the graphic of Meshweaver used in the Header section of the initial paypal payment page was not being hosted on a secure server - and because this IMAGE was not delivered securely - red flags were raised...:rolleyes:

I've changed the page back to the paypal default - problem solved...

It's scary that browsers have to be this careful just in case some scammer finds a way to take advantage of the situation. Egads. Gadzooks.

3dWannabe
08-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Well, I purchased Nurnies 1 & 2.

However, when I previously corresponded with Fabio, he'd said "the bundle is a combined size of 5 Gigabytes" in regards to the ones that shipped on the DVDs.

I downloaded mine, and the size combined was 486 Meg.

I asked Fabio about this, and he said:
----------
The download versions all use Photoshop optimised JPEG versions of the original PNG and TIFF images provided on DVD orders in the past.

Also the DVD's contained AUTOCAD DXF and TRUESPACE COB versions of the objects which are now OMITTED from the downloadable versions - these three things alone make a drastic difference to the overall size - which is also then compressed into a ZIP archive further decreasing the size - compression was not necessary on a mastered DVD

In order to make a downloadable version of the product viable - cuts were made to the exported versions provided, and sacrifices on quality with regards to the images (providing as optimised jpegs instead of in their original format) were made also.
------------

My question is, is this going to affect my use of the product?

I paid for what I believed was the full product, and I've got one where 'sacrifices on quality' were made, and some formats left out. I expected a 5 GB download of the exact same product that had been recommended, as there was NO mention of a reduced quality version.

I create at 1920 x 1080, and want to be able to zoom past a wall and have it look perfect. I'm not encouraged.

I mean, they are nurnies, but ... the price I paid was not cheap, and I'm a unhappy about this switch to a lesser quality version without being told. A 5GB download is not a big deal, I do this all the time with Kurv???

jrandom
08-30-2010, 09:01 AM
The download versions all use Photoshop optimised JPEG versions of the original PNG and TIFF images provided on DVD orders in the past.

This would refer to the reference images you can print out -- the catalog that lets you see which nurnies are available. I honestly don't think this makes a lick of difference, as the JPEG images are just fine. I printed 'em out (small thumbnail version, more images per page) and have those sitting here on my desk. Handy reference.

Also the DVD's contained AUTOCAD DXF and TRUESPACE COB versions of the objects which are now OMITTED from the downloadable versions - these three things alone make a drastic difference to the overall size - which is also then compressed into a ZIP archive further decreasing the size - compression was not necessary on a mastered DVD

This one's a legitimate complaint, but only if you actually need the objects in DXF or COB format.

My question is, is this going to affect my use of the product?

I paid for what I believed was the full product, and I've got one where 'sacrifices on quality' were made, and some formats left out. I expected a 5 GB download of the exact same product that had been recommended, as there was NO mention of a reduced quality version.

I create at 1920 x 1080, and want to be able to zoom past a wall and have it look perfect. I'm not encouraged.

The nurnies are the same, you just have them in two instead of four formats, and your printable reference images are JPEG instead of PNG/TIFF and I guarantee you won't be able to see a difference between the two.

I dunno, I'm happy with the the downloadable version -- the cost is cheap considering the amount of effort required to build this many models and in three different versions (LD, MD, UHD) at that.

Fabio
08-30-2010, 12:58 PM
I'll try and make this as succinct and as polite as possible ;) :)

Firstly I do not appreciate you posting private email discussions on a public forum for all to see - especially with complaints that are puerile and unsubstantiated.

First you surreptitiously insinuate that I am attempting to hack people's logins for paypal - which turns out to be totally unsubstantiated and irrelevant but now this....

However now that you have decided to make this public I shall reply here for all and yourself to see..

regarding images.
The images and the catalogue provided with the collection are NOTwhat you are buying - you are buying the OBJECTS- the images and the html browsing catalogue have been provided as a gesture of goodwill ,a bonus if you will; and to make it easier for users to identify and locate the object that they wish to use. On a DVD - space (to an certain extent is not an issue) the original format of TIFF and/or PNG occupies a lot of disk space when compared to JPEG which by its nature has variable levels of compression.

To cut down on size - JPEG versions of the catalogue images were used - there is no discernible loss in quality - the major difference would be FILE size.

The images provided are Index images for a catalogue they are NOT TEXTURING images. The nurnies NEVER came textured. Texturing is at the control of the end user and would be specific to THEIR requirements. If you need textures that stand up to high resolution renders - then you need to create them yourself!

You have paid for and received all the nurnies in LIGHTWAVE format - you obviously use Lightwave - you have the products in their native format - your ability to use the product has not been affected in any way, manner, shape or form. The quality of the objects have not or ever have been affected by the download option.

You also have versions of them in 3DS and OBJ format should you ever wish to use them in other programs. DXF and COB was omitted for a reason - as the programs that use those formats are more than capable of importing one or more of the formats that HAVE been provided with ease. And those two formats on their own occupy a lot of disk space with regards to file size - EVEN when compressed. (let it be noted that DXF has never been provided for volume 2)

Also - the product pages make no mention that you are will receive COB and DXF formats and they have not done so from the date that I began offering downloadable versions of the nurnie collections.
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
It appears that you are under the impression that because the original 2 DVD's provided for the bundle amounted to c.5GB in size that now you are receiving a download that is just under 0.5 GB you feel that you are being robbed somehow or cheated out of a full product??

...sorry to say this and apologies if it offends you; but this just shows a complete lack of understanding on many of the fundamentals of many things.

Firstly the DVD's as already stated require no compression - DVD's hold a lot of content. Objects compress well - especially Lightwave , 3ds and OBJ objects - but images do not as for the most part they are already compressed.

the combined downloads amount to approx: 486 Mb - this is compressed as a ZIP archive - when extracted the contents occupy 1.18Gb of disk space!

and finally to address your last item of contention - regarding the file size of the download. To have a product which is 5GB in size downloaded many times a month soon hits into your bandwidth allowance with any company. Regardless if they state that you have unlimited bandwidth - you start consuming too much bandwidth and they WILL start billing you - just check your small print to find that out.

Of the new pared down size for the download - 10 can be downloaded compared to just one of the old version.

Kurv provides VIDEOS - videos formats are already compressed and by their nature LARGE. Therefore KURV is obviously absorbing the cost of download somewhere and for that you should be thankful and you should not take it for granted

To Summarise:
As JRandom has stated - (thanks for your support by the way) your objects are fine - same quality as they always were and you have two additional formats just in case. The images provide for reference are JPEG now and you will not notice any discernible difference when viewing or printing.

You ability to use the OBJECTS has not been affected in any way and you are able to render them at any resolution you choose - that part is YOUR choice.

You got exactly what you paid for and there are no grounds for complaint.

Enjoy your Nurnies and use them well.

3dWannabe
08-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Fabio - here's my take one this.

1. You are angry because I let purchasers know that the download version contains maybe 4GB less than the DVD version.

If you told someone that their Photoshop downloadable purchase would contain 4GB less than the DVD version, that might or might not affect their decision to purchase.

If this would not affect anyone's decision, there's no reason to be angry. This makes me think you wanted this to stay hidden.

2. You are angry because I let folks know about the cross-site scripting.

You knew about the warnings as you stated in an email:

"Savvy internet users are able to hack locations of downloads and even able to alter the amount that the PayPal cart button deducts before the transaction occurs - the script ensures that there is no foul play before a download link is created. To do this it requires the transaction ID and the amount "actually" paid from PayPal during the transaction."

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that you used a 3rd party tool to inject this script onto the PayPal page to protect yourself. However, script tends to be very complex and could easily have contained rather nasty code, besides they fact that it was not authorized to be there on PayPal's page.

Many users are not security conscious and you were telling folks to ignore the warnings. I had a duty to let people know about this immediately, as the script could very easily have stolen their IDs (a bad thing), and you already knew about it previously, but had been telling folks that it was nothing to worry about.

3. Put yourself in my position. A company unknown to you causes your first Paypal purchase in maybe 200 to be flagged with a cross-site scripting violation.

I find out you knew about it.

Then, after I let folks know about this, you fix it.

I give you the benefit of the doubt and I order anticipating that I'd be a happy customer.

Then, I get a different product than the one we'd discussed.

These two issues combined ... ?

3dWannabe
08-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Don't excuse you from posting PRIVATE conversations from emails with others.

Period.
I saw nothing mark PRIVATE. This was a conversation with a vendor who was at the very least lax on security - telling me and others to ignore security warnings.

Users have a right to know about security issues.

I certainly would hope that you would return the favor if you encountered security problems - or other issues where the facts were being covered up.

jrandom
08-30-2010, 04:26 PM
*facepalm*

3dWannabe
08-30-2010, 04:51 PM
I NEVER had a problem purchasing from his site.

Did you email him AFTER he emailed you and request the dxf and cob files? What did he say? Or did you instead come here to complain first? If you emailed him and asked for the files and he refused (which I think is HIGHLY unlikely) then I could understand you coming in here and complaining. But... did you TRY?

1. Unless you're using Firefox with Noscript, you may not have been aware. Unless you're using google's browser, there's no other way to use the STS protocol with Paypal - which really makes it a secure channel.

2. actually, I did send him an email 1st, and got back his reply telling me about the omitted files and mentioned 'cuts' and 'sacrifices on quality' He certainly had a chance to offer then. Combined with the security problem, it was an unpleasant transaction. I can only think of one other time I've been a bit unhappy with a vendor, and that was just over a differing opinion of timely shipping.

3. Enough! If you're happy with the vendor and security in general, then I'm finished adding my comments here.

Peace, Luv, Kirk out!

Fabio
08-30-2010, 05:41 PM
*facepalm*

Indeed.. :)

3dWannabe
09-01-2010, 07:42 AM
I've had more conversations with Fabio, and upon reflection, I owe Fabio an apology.

Security issues take up way too much of my time. When I thought I had one with Fabio's ordering system, it really set me off.

Reacting in anger generally doesn't bring out the best in anyone.

A month ago, I went out on a limb and warned NewTek users of what I thought was a real nasty security issue:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110845

In that case, I was right.

In this case, I was dead wrong, and I think I'll just saw that limb off now.

Anyway, very sorry I overreacted to what proved to be a non-issue.

I was also wrong about the download version being different from the DVD version. Boy, I'm very good at being wrong!

Fabio seems a very decent fellow, and this was 'my bad'.

Sorry!

jameswillmott
09-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Saying sorry, admitting mistakes, can be hard sometimes even though it's the right thing to do, it's nice to see there are decent people left in the world. :)

Fabio
09-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Your apology is appreciated :) - let's call it water under the bridge now and soldier on :)

Cheers

Fabs