PDA

View Full Version : Maestro - RHiggit - IKBooster

nickdigital
08-08-2010, 11:45 AM
RebelHill's thread announcing his auto-rigger has really sparked some very good and interesting conversation comparing Maestro and RHiggit between the two respective developers.

Instead of me posting to Rebel's original thread where he announced his product, and in effect side tracking it, I wanted to open up a new thread for them to continue to chime in about their thoughts and experience with rigging.

I'd actually be interested in hearing their input on IKBooster.

I know Splinegod is a fan of IKB. If Larry, provided his health allows him, (best of luck Larry) wants to add to this thread please feel free to.

I've never gotten much use out of IKB as it's interface and perceived bolted on integration into Layout has always frightened me. I've used Rebel's rigs before and they do feel the most "natural" as they follow the "industry standard". I only have a superficial knowledge of Maestro but his interface is really interesting and I intend to look at it more.

Being able to work on multiple characters at the same time can be problematic. Not only with slow feedback but just organizing your assets. Rigs that are overly slider happy can feel cluttered after awhile. Throw in that you have to be in the sliders tool to actually work with the slider can be annoying.

If anyone else wants to chime in please feel too.

This would be a good way to really collect and dissect what works in the current version of LW and what Newtek needs to keep in mind as they work on 10.

(Why do I feel like Roberto all of a sudden...:))

ericsmith
08-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey, Craig actually invited us to continue the discussion over in the other thread, so it would probably be best to keep the discussion centralized to one place.

I'm looking forward to exploring this more. My brain is going a million miles an hour right now...

Eric

nickdigital
08-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Oh ok cool. Didn't wanna sidetrack/hijack the thread.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.