PDA

View Full Version : Color matted objects, saving color with scene

Hieron
08-06-2010, 05:16 PM
When the objects "Matte Object" box is ticked and a color selected, the color will be saved with the scene.

When the box is not ticked, it will be lost.

Would it be possible to write a small script that replaces "save scene" but essentially first selects all objects, ticks the Matte Object box, then saves the scene normally and then unticks it?

I have +- 200 colorcoded objects in a massive scene and keeping a seperate scene just for this color matting is really cumbersome... This little thing would help so much. (just saving color matte color correctly in the first place would be even more awesome, obviously)

xchrisx
08-07-2010, 11:03 AM
No need for a script really, just select all of the objects (there is a menu at the top of the classic scene editor which can select all objects in 1 click) and go into their Object Properties > render tab> and tick the matte object box. this will turn on matte object for all of them. Save your scene then untick the box and that should be it.

Hieron
08-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.. no other way I guess, but I was looking for a way that is a bit more mistake proof.. any unconscious "s" taping and it is flushed.. Supermany iterationsaving isn't too ideal either.