PDA

View Full Version : Animated History of Poland

Soth
08-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Not so great resolution, but I have enjoyed watching anyway, made for last Expo in China:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGjW09y5MUo

Danner
08-05-2010, 08:11 AM
very nice

Soth
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
uppgraded link (first got removed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYqsuPO95vs

Dexter2999
08-05-2010, 04:35 PM

adk
08-05-2010, 05:26 PM
That's pretty damn good. Was going to ask who did it but then I spotted it was Tomek Bagiński & Platige Image. Cheers for the link :thumbsup:

h2oStudios
08-07-2010, 04:03 PM
That was breathtakingly good. Very well done. And, seriously, almost brought tears to my eyes. Makes me proud.

Na Zdrowie!

toby
08-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Very nice! Reminds one that every country has a fascinating history

OFF
08-07-2010, 11:38 PM
As animation work - above any praises, but as a film telling (would be more exact to tell imposing) about stories of Poland (post-pagan) - at its finest the grandiose PR company, places bearing a strong resemblance to propaganda films of the thirtieth-fortieth years XX
(IMHO)

akademus
08-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Politics aside, but its funny how things end in EU :)

Soth
08-08-2010, 02:47 AM
Politics aside (...)

haha, well we have here international bunch and I can imagine that Russian watching this short will not be pleased with portrait of his/hers country, but I would not treat it as propaganda piece. The firm showed truth only and I do not think that people of Russia can be blamed for communism that ruled there with iron fist in last century. It would be like blaming Cubans for Castro.

Polish defeat ourselves and maybe rest of the Europe in 1920 and everyone knows what happened later in 1939. I think calling history propaganda is wrong approach. And you need to remember that both facts can be matter of public debate only after 1989, before one could finish in prison for saying anything about 1920 and 17 September of 1939. Those events shaped most of XX century Poland - I say again how one can call it propaganda? What important is that we all should celebrate that our relationship with Russia - as much as not perfect - is now best then ever in history - and how cool is that? :)

Yap, it is hard to put politics aside, but you need to understand, this short move made me emotional too.

OFF
08-08-2010, 04:48 AM
I study history of 25 years, not including studies at school, etc.
If want we can really begin debate concerning a role Russia in the history Poland, for example.
But in the previous comment I have only stopped on the aesthetic party of a film and to understand about what I spoke - to address at least to history of propaganda posters of those years (1920-1940) enough

Soth
08-08-2010, 04:58 AM
OK, well yap, looks like I have assumed too much. Sorry.

Yap movie is far away for being historically accurate, but tells the real story and it oversimplifies minor details - but I would say it is not so important. I can see that with my inferior knowledge about the history, but that probably means that even authors were aware of that. :)

Danner
08-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Cramming so much history in such a short time will always leave room for debate. But I think every country should have one of this things done, it's so much fun to learn this way.