PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor? (has anyone had this prob?)

dauntless
09-17-2003, 11:04 AM
While I am posting I figured that I would ask.

I cannot seem to take advantage of both monitors on my system. This problem has plagued me from the beginning (about 10 months).

I can use the Dual support in all other apps but not in Toaster. I can not scale my desktop pattern (like the Aliens (Dual) skin) When I choose it, The two aliens are just compressed horizontally on the left screen. If I drag any VT2 window (like Proc Amp, Toaster Vision, Capture panel, etc) to the right screen the window blinks furiously and one I let go the window snaps back to the left screen. I can only put a window on the right if I make sure that I snap it to the left side of the screen so it touches the TV2 background.

I had this thing working for about three weeks way back in the beginning but I can't seem to make it work now. wHAT IS GOING ON?

I am using a Gforce Ti 4200 AG with AGP8x as a display card on a P4 3gig machine. I have 2 LCD displays set to 1280 x 1024 but I have had standard monitors and tried other resolutions...same problem.

Jim_C
09-17-2003, 12:24 PM
If the card is a dual head, this is easy, if its a single and also using onboard vid or another card, not sure how it works..
however if dual head
rt click desktop, choose properties
click settings, then advanced,
then click the tab corresponding to your card.
Box should slide out the side .
Select horizontal span from one of the options in the slide out box.
Click ok, and close box.
Back at properties/settings box, make sure the second monitor is disabled, highlght it and uncheck Spread my windows...
now highlight the first monitor and drag the screen resolution to 2560x1024. Click ok, apply etc.

should be done.
basically you have to set both monitors up as one big one.
Make sure that Nview option is turned OFF.

good luck
jim

JesusLovesU
09-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Only nVidia cards can do these tweak & trick!!!

Jim_C
09-17-2003, 10:14 PM
>>Only nVidia cards can do these tweak & trick!!!

Of which the Gforce Ti 4200 AG is. Thus the explanantion.