PDA

View Full Version : CG Motion Speed Problems

BBS-TV
09-17-2003, 09:04 AM
I thought I finally had this figured out in VT2, but VT3 is even worse. the motion speed for a scroll or crawl does not have near the control that VT2 had and makes the whole idea useless as the speed is way too fast. The control does not seem to work beneath a setting of 3. Toaster CG is like the black sheep of the the Toaster family!

ScorpioProd
09-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Yeah, ToasterCG has always been a black sheep...

Anyway, you are quite correct. Scroll speeds 2, 4, 6 are now IDENTICAL. And I agree with you completely, too fast for what I like and normally use.

And guess what, you can't enter user defined speeds. Well, you can enter them, but it makes no difference.

This has basically cut the CG scrolls to ONE usable speed, which is slighty too fast too... :(

I had responded to this issue in another thread that this bug was known and was being addressed, but unfortunately I was wrong.

I have since learned this was actually a design decision on Newtek's part.

I really strongly disagree with it. And everyone else that disagrees also should let Newtek know.

Newtek listens when users talk.

Peter Palesh
09-19-2003, 08:19 AM
I too need the scroll speed to be slower than the current lowest setting. My client wants a lot of text and wants it to be slow enough to read.
I've tried changing the speed option on the timeline but that makes the text look blurred and somewhat jittery which is completely unacceptable. :(

Anywho, if the powers that be are paying attention, please change this feature.

Thank you

mcabery
09-21-2003, 08:35 PM
Pleez, pleez, pleez Newtek, slow down that scroll. Even the slowest speed is mostly unusable, and who would think that the fastest speed would be worth anything at all.... For now I have to go back to SR and use PowerCG, kind of a pain....

wvp
09-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ScorpioProd
Newtek listens when users talk.
I think I have talked too much. I have decided to minimize my postings until I have a product more to my liking. Hopefully this will be before T4 (or whenever the next for sale version/upgrade comes out) because I have decided not to spend anymore money on any of our three systems until this time.
There are plenty of postings regarding bugs, incompatible issues, and common features on other systems that exsist on this board for Newtek to read.

bobby
10-07-2003, 01:55 PM
I was hoping the 1st patch recently relased would fix this. But after reading what ScorpiProd says about it being part of design, this is quite disheartening. Who would use scroll at all if it's too damn fast?

I suppose some credits on some shows fly by, without a chance of ever fully being read. But I don't want this (who does?). If I'm making a CG scroll for a footer, I want it readable. This sucks.

ringdin
10-08-2003, 02:39 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE NEWTEK WOULD DO THIS. I COULD HAVE SOLD ABOUT 20 OF THESE UNITS TO FELLOW VIDEO AFFILIATES FOR NEWTEK BUT NOW THEY ARE GOING CANOPUS. THE CG SCROLL SPEED IN VT3 IS RIDICULOUS. THE OUTPUT QUALITY IS QUESTIONABLE. I CAN'T DELETE OR CHANGE THE NAME OF RTV STILLS CAPTURED FROM MY COPY STAND ANYMORE. pROJECTS WILL OFTEN NOT DELETE. EVERYDAY I RUN INTO MORE BUGS AND WHATS REALLY INFURIATING IS HOW GULLABLE I AM. I BELIEVED NEWTEK WHEN THEY SAID VT3 IS THE ANSWERE. IT MAY BE SETTING ME FREE FROM MY BUSINESS. I'M LOSING JOBS AND CUSTOMERS AFTER 20 YEARS IN BUSINESS BECAUSE I CAN'T DELIVER PRODUCT WITH THIS PRODUCT. COME ON NEWTEK FIX THIS! I TRY NOT TO POST TOO OFTEN BECAUSE THE POSTS DON'T SEEM TO MAKE A BIT OF DIFFERENCE IN NEWTEK'S OPERATIONS OR PRODUCT BUT SOMETIMES I'VE GOT TO VENT!

kleima
10-10-2003, 11:13 AM
If you want a workaround for now, make a TGA still in Aura that is 720X4000 (or however long you need). Then put all your text on it. Bring it into the timeline, turn on overlay, and use postioning keyframes to make it move from bottom to top, or vice versa! Voila, any scroll speed you want!! ;)

tonsofpcs
05-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Bump -- Still doesn't work
Intermediate values [like 1.1, 1.2, etc] do not work, they simply give the integer speed [1]

ScorpioProd
05-13-2004, 12:48 PM
What do you mean? Slower speeds were added back in with Patch 3.

1/4, 1/2, 1.