PDA

View Full Version : Call for immediate action!

Pages : [1] 2

MentalFish
08-03-2010, 02:40 AM
As some of you might have heard, Larry Shultz / SplineGod, has a life threatening health condition and caught between a rock and a hard place in that situation. Read his wife's blog about it here: http://csmuse.blogspot.com

Larry has given a lot of help to this community, and personally I have learnt more from him in forums and one-on-one Skype sessions, than I have from books and paid training.

I haven't bought Larry's training videos, but gave a little donation today (on his wife's blog) and would urge all of you to do the same, anything from $1 to 1 mill, anything goes.

If you want some content for your buck, I propose you get some of his training material: http://www.splinegod.com/store.html

Until the end of month (Aug. 31st), all income from the MentalFish store will be sent to Larry and his wife. EDIT: I have created a fixed 50% discount code.
http://mentalfish.com/store/

Btw, Alex will soon be adding some randomization functions to Polygon Islands 2, and all customers of that plugin will of course get these changes when it is released.

I will post the amount of money raised on the webpage, so you can see that it adds up.

We all have opinions and like any butt, they are split down the middle and cause a lot of crap. So, lets put politics and personal opinions aside, and give something back to this crazy LightWaver we all know as SplineGod.

meshpig
08-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Done! Hope he gets it together.

- Type 2 Diabetes: if you're vaguely a candidate just start looking up the "Glycemic Index" of what you eat. You'd be surprised by what is low GI and keeping it low to mid isn't a restrictive diet by any means:)

OlaHaldor
08-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Noted and paid for. I wish Larry all the best.

rdrdrd23
08-03-2010, 03:56 AM
Many, many best wishes to Larry and family.
He's done as much for the LW community as anyone so deserves a little time and help back from the community

MentalFish
08-03-2010, 04:10 AM
Thanks guys, so far the site has gotten 65$ worth of purchases. Off to a good start.

Drocket
08-03-2010, 04:21 AM
This is a great idea Petter and very kind of you to do this for Larry.

I just picked up your plugins :)

I really hope things start to improve for you and your wife soon Larry, I can't tell you how angry it makes me feel that we live in a world where our governments allow organisations to put a price on peoples health. Completely immoral.

I have to log for the evening soon but will shoot over to your site tomorrow and pick up some of your training videos.

Take care.

Andrew.

Mr Rid
08-03-2010, 04:22 AM
I have tremendous sympathy for anyone with chronic health problems (and those ruthless immigration laws Ive also had to deal with). Ive struggled with highly unusual symptoms for over 13 years that have become disabling in recent years. 38 different 'ologists' and every test imaginable, and I still dont know a cause or treatment.

I dont know where Mr Schultz' problems originate, but high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes are things that can be curbed by sound diet and regular exercise. I dont like how many animators and FX artists I see that do not take good care of themselves, sitting in dark rooms for long hours (12 hour days, and 7 day weeks are common in VFX), high stress, eating fast, and ignoring common health sense. At some places I have worked, a group will go out drinking almost every night. Its easy to overdo it in this job where management will never tell you to take it easy. If you want to sleep under your desk and knock yourself out, they wont stop you. You have to be the one to give yourself a break, get in a walk each day, choose something green instead of red for lunch, and if you have a cold or flu then stay the hell home. When you're young, your body absorbs a lot of abuse, but it eventually catches up. I have no desire to try to keep up with the younger nomads that are always coming up and willing to just kill themselves to work on a movie or whatever, to prove something. I prefer having a life outside of work.

I also passed a kidney stone a few years ago... ever see Alien? Trust me, you do NOT want one. Some people are just prone, but I advise all over 30 males to drink plenty of water daily. Take care of yourselves. Its only a stupid, disposable movie/TV show. Not worth your health.

djlithium
08-03-2010, 04:51 AM
I have tremendous sympathy for anyone with chronic health problems. Ive dealt with highly unusual symptoms for over 13 years that have become disabling in recent years. 38 different 'ologists' and every test imaginable, and I still dont know a cause or treatment.

I dont know where Mr Schultz' problems originate, but high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes are things that can be curbed by sound diet and regular exercise. I dont like how many animators and FX artists I see that do not take good care of themselves, sitting in dark rooms for long hours (12 hour days, and 7 day weeks are common in VFX), high stress, eating fast, and ignoring common health sense. At some places I have worked, a group will go out drinking almost every night. Its easy to overdo it in this job where management will never tell you to take it easy. If you want to sleep under your desk and knock yourself out, they wont stop you. You have to be the one to give yourself a break, get in a walk each day, choose something green instead of red for lunch, and if you have a cold or flu then stay the hell home. When you're young, your body absorbs a lot of abuse, but it eventually catches up. I have no desire to try to keep up with the younger nomads that are always coming up and willing to just kill themselves to work on a movie, and to prove something. I prefer having a life outside of work in recent years.

I also passed a kidney stone a few years ago... ever see Alien? Trust me, you do NOT want one. Some people are just prone, but I advise all over 30 males to drink plenty of water daily. Take care of yourselves. Its only a stupid, disposable movie/TV show. Not worth your health.

Mr Rid, oh I couldn't have said it better myself. I finally woke up one day and realized the best years of my life were being wasted on some show or game and figured, well why do that for them when I can do it for myself. I am still on that voyage, but its getting closer to reality.

As for Larry, now that I am back in the game a bit after a overly drawn out cash project I will be contributing in any way I can. A mix of financial and trying to drum up work or whatever it may be that can get him closer to being back to 100% or at least in the glide path and looking good.

In the mean time, everyone - please buy some tools from MentalFish to help out with this cause. Lightwavers unite through the tools we use and this is a great opportunity to help someone else who has shown us so much.

meshpig
08-03-2010, 04:57 AM
I have tremendous sympathy for anyone with chronic health problems. Ive dealt with highly unusual symptoms for over 13 years that have become disabling in recent years. 38 different 'ologists' and every test imaginable, and I still dont know a cause or treatment.

I dont know where Mr Schultz' problems originate, but high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes are things that can be curbed by sound diet and regular exercise. I dont like how many animators and FX artists I see that do not take good care of themselves, sitting in dark rooms for long hours (12 hour days, and 7 day weeks are common in VFX), high stress, eating fast, and ignoring common health sense. At some places I have worked, a group will go out drinking almost every night. Its easy to overdo it in this job where management will never tell you to take it easy. If you want to sleep under your desk and knock yourself out, they wont stop you. You have to be the one to give yourself a break, get in a walk each day, choose something green instead of red for lunch, and if you have a cold or flu then stay the hell home. When you're young, your body absorbs a lot of abuse, but it eventually catches up. I have no desire to try to keep up with the younger nomads that are always coming up and willing to just kill themselves to work on a movie, and to prove something. I prefer having a life outside of work in recent years.

Hear, hear!

djlithium
08-03-2010, 05:02 AM
This is a great idea Petter and very kind of you to do this for Larry.

I just picked up your plugins :)

I really hope things start to improve for you and your wife soon Larry, I can't tell you how angry it makes me feel that we live in a world where our governments allow organisations to put a price on peoples health. Completely immoral.

I have to log for the evening soon but will shoot over to your site tomorrow and pick up some of your training videos.

Take care.

Andrew.

It's not the government, its the bureaucracy. Remember the X-Files tag near the middle of the series? Apology is Policy. Anyway, please post links to this thread anywhere and everywhere you can.

mav3rick
08-03-2010, 05:45 AM
I have tremendous sympathy for anyone with chronic health problems (and those ruthless immigration laws Ive also had to deal with). Ive struggled with highly unusual symptoms for over 13 years that have become disabling in recent years. 38 different 'ologists' and every test imaginable, and I still dont know a cause or treatment.

I dont know where Mr Schultz' problems originate, but high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes are things that can be curbed by sound diet and regular exercise. I dont like how many animators and FX artists I see that do not take good care of themselves, sitting in dark rooms for long hours (12 hour days, and 7 day weeks are common in VFX), high stress, eating fast, and ignoring common health sense. At some places I have worked, a group will go out drinking almost every night. Its easy to overdo it in this job where management will never tell you to take it easy. If you want to sleep under your desk and knock yourself out, they wont stop you. You have to be the one to give yourself a break, get in a walk each day, choose something green instead of red for lunch, and if you have a cold or flu then stay the hell home. When you're young, your body absorbs a lot of abuse, but it eventually catches up. I have no desire to try to keep up with the younger nomads that are always coming up and willing to just kill themselves to work on a movie or whatever, to prove something. I prefer having a life outside of work.

well said.. we are all trapped in same CG life... i have to say even if i do try to live the way we should live there is deadlines and money that takes all that away making all of our healthy efforts worthless :( not to mention crisis that makes this lot more complicated. every few months i have very stressful period where i sleep less than 6-7 h per day and sit in front of my desk for 12 hours... after month of this kind of work i get arrhythmia, stomach problems and general out of balanse in my body ... it takes me up to a month now to get back into normal but my body is warrning me. i know i am young 31yo i can probable continue this for next 5-6 years but damage i will do to my body will probable stay forever so for now i didnt find magic way out of this world.
anyway to splinegod i wish all the best for you and your wife. today i will go to my bank to get new credit card that waits me so that i can send some money :) no way hoze we will let splinegod easly :) and spline really its time for a big change so focus on that !

SplineGod
08-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Damn Petter, thats awesome!
From the bottom of our hearts my wife and I thank you and everyone else who has contributed, wished us well and prayed for us. Its humbling and extremely appreciated... :)

wesleycorgi
08-03-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm glad someone broke out this topic from the Kurv thread. Splinegod has always been generous to the LW community with his time and knowledge. Looking back at my posts where I had a technical/technique question, he always responded. I've taken advantage of his myriad of free tutorials all over the web.

From my vantage point, it's time for the community to give back --- it's karma.

evenflcw
08-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Larry, I'm no good with emotions, but I'm sorry to hear you and your wife are having a really tough time. I hope all goes well in the end and that you will be able to continue to do what you like and do best. Good on Petter for posting this too.

prometheus
08-03-2010, 08:23 AM
drink plenty of water daily. Take care of yourselves. Its only a stupid, disposable movie/TV show. Not worth your health.

Well yeah.. I drink tremendous amounts of water everyday, some side effect accurs when I have to go to the toilet at least 4 times every night.

3 years ago I was unemployed and I didnt take care of myself, and the weight gained from 73 kg to 83 very rapidly, then I got employed last year
as an product illustrator.

That isnt doing any for my figure thou, even worse..now Im up at 96 kg and that´s really bad for a guy reaching the age of 45.

It´s funny or should I say tragic comical, since I do renders of gym machines, I actually can train for free at a gym local since they have or gym equipment, but I hate training in gyms, I prefer just walking or running in the forest.

Yeah everyone in working sitting on the butt all day must really take care of themself, it´s hard sometimes when your all exhausted after work to start training, tiny changes of how we walk and move might help thou, walking up on stairs instead of elevators, etc.

I have the option to walk 1800 meters to work from the train station now
that our sales guy are on vacation, he usually picks me up with his car.

Ill check out if there´s any training material of interest, but I honestly don´t think I need any of It right now.

My economy was a disaster for three years, and a couple of years back even longer than that. (unemployment crises during 1993-99 and 2006-2009) struggling to find steady jobs inbetween extra jobs.

So it´s just recently Ive been able to start catch up in my own economy and there´s a lot in the household that needs fixing and My new computer
that is on it´s way will cost a great deal, duhh..it all sounds like excuses not help a fellow human being and waver.
My salery comes out within 17 days and it will be bad since I took 4 weeks vacation and only two of them are paid for.
I hope I can find some material from you that I might have use for later on.
In mean time I try and bring forward the message of helping you.

My heart goes out to Larry and I hope for you to recover and urge you to think positivly as much as you can, Im sure your own state of mind might help yourself finding strength to recover from the dark tunnel youré in right now.

Michael

Andyjaggy
08-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Thank you for bringing this to everyone attention Mental Fish. I had no idea this was going on in Larry's life. I've made a paypal donation and hope that the small amount will somehow help.

Your wife's blog almost made me cry, and as someone who lost a kidney and almost died at the age of 3 you have my heartfelt prayers.

Time to start taking better care of myself. That's a good reminder for everyone.

Elmar Moelzer
08-03-2010, 09:51 AM
God heavens!
Larry, I did not know you were having such problems!
My dear friend, I am so sorry to hear about all this. I will see what I can do to help you!
It is amazing how many people that I know on this board are having severe health problems, myself included (heart attack last year).
Hope that things will turn arround for yourself, mate!

4dartist
08-03-2010, 09:57 AM
So I went to your store and found the circle plugin.. holy crap. That is hella cool. Even works in the Mac LW. :)

Larry, hope things work out for you. Wish you the best.

erikals
08-03-2010, 09:57 AM
i know prometheus, i remember your situation.
-------------

i'll donate on the page,
but i'm unsure how to help, does he only need help now only, or in the future too.
(it's important for me to know if he needs help further down the road too)

erikals
08-03-2010, 10:08 AM
donated $100 NZD

prometheus
08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
God heavens!
Larry, I did not know you were having such problems!
My dear friend, I am so sorry to hear about all this. I will see what I can do to help you!
It is amazing how many people that I know on this board are having severe health problems, myself included (heart attack last year).
Hope that things will turn arround for yourself, mate!

You should have some kind of a real time upper torso scanner, that way
you might hook it up to volumedic perhaps for further analyze.
And if it were realtime feedback, it would be easy to have a browser window open to monitor when you get stressed, just keep an eye on the heart:) and please do share your heart" scans" with others.

A pulse&blod pressure measure tool connected wireless to the computer,
and a windows side gadget monitoring is perhaps easier.
Even if it´s "software" and not hardware, it can sure be overheated
Take care!

Michael

Elmar Moelzer
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
LOL, Michael. The best candidate for data to use with VoluMedic would have been the echocardiograms that I had done. Maybe the angiogram they did right before surgery, but I did not get either data :(
In any case this data does not lend itself so well to be used with VoluMedic.

tuomas
08-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I can't even count the number of times I've found exactly the answer I was looking for in a forum post by Larry. Consider my donation a big thank you for those.

Andyjaggy
08-03-2010, 10:41 AM
i know prometheus, i remember your situation.
-------------

i'll donate on the page,
but i'm unsure how to help, does he only need help now only, or in the future too.
(it's important for me to know if he needs help further down the road too)

Once you are in late stage kidney failure your kidney's will not recover. As far as I can tell he will either have to have regular dialysis for the rest of his life or he will need a kidney transplant. Or both most likely.

shrox
08-03-2010, 10:59 AM
As for Larry, when I was down and out this forum came through with cash! I will be reciprocating. I still have the letters that were sent to me.

As for kidney stones, just stand outside the bathroom of someone passing a stone and listen, that should be enough to convince you that it's not something you want to experience. I live in the Sonoran Desert, and I drink allot of tea and water. I will not be getting a kidney stone, but I do have an infected tooth right now. Maybe I could trade Larry a molar for a kidney...

It's 2010, regenerated organs should have been a reality by now.

Matt
08-03-2010, 11:04 AM
That's one month of Recormon from me, Larry, get well soon, our thoughts are with you.

Matt
08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Actually, one month isn't enough, just done another month.

Myagi
08-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Yesterday I was thinking about doing the same, but was afraid it might give the wrong impression, so I thought I'd sleep over it. Now that you've done it MentalFish I feel a little more at ease.

I'll also donate all August income from my plugin (and add something myself on top of that). I know it won't be much considering it's only one plugin and for quite a specialized purpose, but I felt I wanted to do something.

Gregg "T.Rex"
08-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Damn it!
Just saw this thread!

Larry,
i wish you a quick recover and i hope you and your wife will get past these problems you have to deal with. Our hopes, minds and prayers are with you; just hang in there and keep the faith...

Peter,
what you did, is exceptional; wish more people could do such a generous act, like you did!
Thanks, man...

T.Rex

kosmodave
08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Larry, I wish you well and hope for a speedy recovery. Donation on the way.

Dave

robertoortiz
08-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Larry do get better soon!

COBRASoft
08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
I want to buy some plugins or donate something, but my f*cking paypal account is messed up somehow. I have a MasterCard, so if the payment could happen directly without paypal, I would! Any ideas?

RebelHill
08-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Plugins bought, respect to MF.

Best wishes to Larry.

ivanze
08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Hope you get well soon, Larry. And very nice, MentalFish.

MentalFish
08-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Awesome guys, and double-double thanks to Matt :thumbsup:

So far the MF Store sales are at 157 USD. If anyone has problems in getting their serials from the site or other issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Not sure what would be a workaround of your MasterCard issue COBRASoft.

MrWyatt
08-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Fellow artists,

I am deeply in shock to read this and it hits me in a strange time and condition, where I had to take action. My heart goes out to Larry and his wife, and some of you might know that I had my differences with Larry in the past. I donated regardless and wish him the best of luck to defeat his current illness.

Today at 12:00 local time here in Germany my father passed away after 3 and a half weeks in the hospital. He was diagnosed with brain tumor just a couple of days after he went there, because we thought he had a stroke. He had diabetes and suffered from a stroke 11 years ago, the symptoms where similar. The irony is that at the location of his stroke years ago, there should have been a void in his brain and exactly in this spot a fast growing tumor had found a home. diabetes is an evil thing and kills you in many different ways if not treated properly. my father was still lucky enough in that he died without pain.
I felt pretty empty and numb for most of the day, but reading this thread I saw what I had to do. the only reasonable thing I could do. To help someone who still can be helped. Even when it is someone I never thought I would help any time soon. I know now that having a different mindset or priority's can easily lead to unnecessary arguments, especially in an online forum, and I guess Larry would have never thought that someone like me would care much about his condition, but I do. Having seen my father slowly dwindling into nothingness the last couple of weeks, opened my eyes to a lot of things. I don't want anyone having to face this, although I know we all will one day. But if I can help to push that day further into the future, I will. I have to.
I knew now what had to be done to go out of this day on a positive note. I wasn't able to save my father, but I am part of a wonderful community that maybe is able to save Larry.

On that note. All the best Larry. Here is a month to you, hopefully others give you many many more. And to all the others, donate what you CAN, not what you think "hurts your wallet the least".

Cheers guys. I am off to go drinking.

Guillaume

MentalFish
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Guillaume, my condolences to you and your family.

MrWyatt
08-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Guillaume, my condolences to you and your family.

Thank you Petter. I thank you for showing me hope and goodness on a day that sucked mayor anus so far.
People like you make this world a better place.

Fsoto
08-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Done.

The LORD is still in the miracle business. The LORD look into your adversities Larry; and heal you. Amen.

felipe

calilifestyle
08-03-2010, 02:21 PM
donated what i could. wish i could do more

zarti
08-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Larry ,

i didn't need to read every post in order to donate something symbolic in money ,

which indeed is nothing compared with my wish and prayers that ;

everything can go as good as possible for you and your family !

sincerely ...

*Pete*
08-03-2010, 03:01 PM
From the bottom of our hearts my wife and I thank you and everyone else who has contributed, wished us well and prayed for us. Its humbling and extremely appreciated... :)

any thoughts about moving into Europe...UK for example, where they have free healthcare and lots of LW jobs?

COBRASoft
08-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Pete, I thought about this too. Here in Belgium he could have a lot of help from our social system. No idea how to get everything 'done' though once here :(.

JamesCurtis
08-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Larry,

I would like to donate, but I don't need plugins or tutorials. I just want to do it to help out. Is there a link to do just that?

BTW, I know how tough this is for you. I have a friend that is a Type 2 Diabetic and is doing Dialysis 4 hours a day and 3 days a week as well. It's been tough for him and I help him anytime I can in any way that I can.

My health isn't so good either, and my income is not very good since I'm strictly self employed due to medical problems keeping me from working a steady job.

You see, I had been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis back when I was a kid [I'm 55 now]. I suffered through many years of various treatments and hospitalizations, and finally 16 years ago I had my Lower Intestine completely removed and I now wear a colostomy bag for life. I've had 3 resurgeries to fix problems since then, and I'm prone to kidney stones as well.

Through all of this I have kept up my spirits and will continue to do so. I will not give up, and I hope that you will not give up and will fight as hard as you can too.

zarti
08-03-2010, 03:35 PM
. Having seen my father slowly dwindling into nothingness the last couple of weeks, opened my eyes to a lot of things. I don't want anyone having to face this, although I know we all will one day. But if I can help to push that day further into the future, I will. I have to.
I knew now what had to be done to go out of this day on a positive note. I wasn't able to save my father, but I am part of a wonderful community that maybe is able to save Larry.

Cheers guys. I am off to go drinking.

Guillaume

that's so sad to read ... accept my condolences , MrWyatt .

i know how it is because i've lived for three damn months in that kind of situation with my father too .

i felt useless ... condemned . there was nothing to do . i wish that to none in this world !

i , too , didn't often share the same opinion with Larry on certain things ,

but to my eyes everything like that vanishes in a day like this .

it's not that those disagreements are totally gone ,

because i wish i could go on and discuss those with him .

so Larry , get well asap !

p.s.: it is a good thing to be in this forum with you guys .

.well done everyone

*Pete*
08-03-2010, 03:38 PM
i was thinking about the UK mainly becouse of the language....but then again, most Europeans do speak english well enough.

Reading the blog his wife is writing gives me the impression that any help we might give will be just a temponary drop in the sea...dialysis couple times a week with no end in sight and growing costs....its insane.

It would propably the best if Larry gets to Europe....citizenship is not needed to be taken care of over here, we help all who need help.

If immigration would prove to be difficult, im sure some European LW'er with a registered business can import Larry as a specialist worker.

Donations, altough very kind, will only help so much and only short term.

Also, im ashamed to admit that im unable to donate anything this month...im about to move and will use most/all of my current savings....hopefully next month i will be able to help somehow.

*Pete*
08-03-2010, 03:40 PM
jamescurtis.

You will find a donatebutton on the blog of Larrys wife.

Titus
08-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Larry,

I would like to donate, but I don't need plugins or tutorials. I just want to do it to help out. Is there a link to do just that?

Just visit his wife's blog. They have a Paypal donate button.

linksys
08-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Well at least something usefull i can do by buying this plugins. Maybe i will become a better Artist after the donation and with the use of the plugins.:D

I don´t know you Larry but i always enjoyed your tutorials hopefully you are back up soon. Wish you all the best.:thumbsup:

Greets

Matt
08-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow, this community is awesome.

Elmar Moelzer
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Well, moving to Europe is not all that easy either, if you do not have some sort of way to get you "in". It is easier than immigrating to the US for sure, but not that much easier. I know because we went through the process with my wife (US citizen too).

PixelDust
08-03-2010, 04:20 PM
OK, I've made a donation too.

Just wondering - do any of the New Zealand hospitals have a charity care program? I work at a hospital and ours has one, and it's a very small rural hospital.

Surely, there must be something that can be done on a local level there without all the red tape.

JamesCurtis
08-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I just made my donation as well.

BigHache
08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Donation made. I'll see what I can continue to do next month too.

CharlieL
08-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I dont like how many animators and FX artists I see that do not take good care of themselves, sitting in dark rooms for long hours (12 hour days, and 7 day weeks are common in VFX), high stress, eating fast, and ignoring common health sense.

Mr Rid, you give a lot of sound advice - but you look a little peaked (Sorry, I could not resist :-)))

Well, it is hard to be that sound even if you not have a boss. As I am working on my own I set
my own rules, but the clients have no clue of what time different things will take.
And often I am tweaking too much and testing too much, also.

Beyond taking care of ones health, I think education is an important issue.
The time in front of a monitor could be shortened if I exactly know how to solve an issue.
Too much of trial and error will affect one´s health in the long run. So, learning more
in the field and do the job more precisely will give a positive outcome.
Just right then to now invest in SplineGods videos and courses!

I wish Larry all the best!

I also passed a kidney stone a few years ago... ever see Alien? Trust me, you do NOT want one. Some people are just prone, but I advise all over 30 males to drink plenty of water daily. Take care of yourselves.
BTW, Mr Rid, I have also gone through that. A little tip if you feel the pain will come back
in your back. Find pills that have a combination of vitamin B6 and Magnesium. I use to take
3-4 pills per day of those I have and the pain will fade away. When I feel a unnatural pain
in the back I take them for a few days. An advice I got from a medical doctor when I had
those problems and since 21 years I haven´t visited a hospital for that reason.

Take care!

SplineGod
08-03-2010, 05:56 PM
My wife and I are touched and amazed at the outpouring from everyone here. We do greatly appreciate all the help, prayers and well wishes.
I also didnt know about some of the o ther health issues shared by others in the forums here. Knowing that you are still willing to give and help is humbling and has helped tremendously in raising our spirits. Such an outpouring of concern and goodwill is just amazing and is a testament to what a great community this has always been.
Theres also been some good suggestions on some possible alternatives which we hadnt considered. If any of you do have some other suggestions please send them to us.
Seeing how great LW10 is shaping up to be and having the same
community rallying around is just awsome...Thanks again! :)

RebelHill
08-03-2010, 06:12 PM
UK for example, where they have free healthcare

This is actually pretty true, you'd qualify on human rights grounds I reckon. I hate to speculate on how bad things are or arent... but if i were an american without the needed insurance payout, holed up in new zealand, with nowhere else to turn, id seriously consider it.

stevecullum
08-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Just seen this thread too. Really sorry to read of such problems Larry and I do hope you feel better soon.

JeffrySG
08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Just wanted to send my thoughts to you and your family, Larry. I hope you get well as fast as possible.

ChillWill Graphix
08-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Wow - this is pretty upsetting news. I used to chat with Larry quite often on AIM, but just have lost touch due to the time differences between N.Z. and the U.S. I wish I were more financially stable, myself, as I would love to be able to help out more with what is going on. Larry has always been so helpful and friendly - in life and as a LightWaver. I wish him a speedy recovery and send happy and positive thoughts for he and his wife.

Mike

hrgiger
08-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Larry and I have not traditionally gotten along on the boards but I am incredibly saddened with this news. Best of wishes to you Larry and your family.

I have not read all the news yet, where can I donate?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the donate link on the blog.

Mr Rid
08-03-2010, 06:56 PM
BTW, Mr Rid, I have also gone through that. A little tip if you feel the pain will come back
in your back. Find pills that have a combination of vitamin B6 and Magnesium. I use to take
3-4 pills per day of those I have and the pain will fade away. When I feel a unnatural pain
in the back I take them for a few days. An advice I got from a medical doctor when I had
those problems and since 21 years I haven´t visited a hospital for that reason.

Take care!

With my health problems, I study possible causes and treatments very closely, and am very skeptical of claims. B6 & magnesium may prevent stones but I can find no actual source study (pubmed is a comprehensive source, and one b6 study shows no correlation). Many also claim lemon juice as a logical solvent for stones but there are no firm studies. Potassium citrate or magnesium citrate pills sound more effective.

It sounds to me you may just be passing small stones with low discomfort. But once a large stone is blocking your urinary tract, vitamins aint gonna prevent the marvelous pain as it slowly squeezes thru the ureter like a shard of glass thru a narrow straw for hours. Mothers report stones as being more painful than childbirth. My advice is stop all sodas, get plenty of water and some pure fruit juice daily.

Pavlov
08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Dunno if my small contribute can help, i like more to wish you well !

Paolo

shrox
08-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Would a Guinness help about now?

Cageman
08-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Well,

What can I say? Really? I mean... isn't this the best ******* community, ever? Seriously? :)

I can honestly say that me and SplineGod have had alot of online bickering and fights during the years, but I truly belive that it has been for a greater good. Hearing that he is in alot of trouble, I can only feel sad for him and do what I think is right.

1) I bought the two plugins from Mentalfish
2) I donated $120 NZ directly to him and his wife.

SplineGod, I would hate to loose you. Our fights and argues may have been hard at those times, but thinking about them always brings a smile to my face. I hope they do the same to you to! :)

I'm truly honored by Mentalfish initiative with this thread. Very generous and caring, and above all, it brings us all up to speed with what SplineGod is going through at the moment.

I want to finish this by saying that at times such as this, I'm very happy to live in a country like Sweden, where taxes are high (very high), but ultimately, if I ever end up in a similar situation, all I have to do is to visit the hospital and pay about $12 per visit.... the rest is taken care of by all tax-payers, including myself.

SplineGod, if you can, try moving here or to any of the countries in Scandinavia, healthcare here is second to none (to a cost in terms of high taxes, yes, but you can still have a pretty good life). You should be able to work freelance with the customers you have without problems.

I hope to see you back here as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

/Mikael

GraphXs
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Good Luck to you and your wife Larry. I bought the plug-in I didn't own yet. It's not much but I hope it helps in your time of need.

Scazzino
08-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Larry I wish you and your family all the best.
Hang in there and get well soon!

MentalFish
08-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Great job guys! The MentalFish sales are at US$ 282 right now. Keep em coming :jam::beerchug::boogiedow

Btw Larry, as you can see from the postings of europeans, what we are actually doing here is to convert you into a hardcore socialist, "Come over here and pay taxes!" Sucker!! :D

antsj
08-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Larry,

Keep your head up and spirits too.

Bought Plug Ins and donated on the blog. I will see what I can do at end of month or early September.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

aj

adk
08-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Hang in there Larry & I hope that your fortunes start to turn very soon. Best wishes to you, your wife and family.

MrWyatt
08-04-2010, 12:23 AM
that's so sad to read ... accept my condolences , MrWyatt .

i know how it is because i've lived for three damn months in that kind of situation with my father too .

i felt useless ... condemned . there was nothing to do . i wish that to none in this world !

i , too , didn't often share the same opinion with Larry on certain things ,

but to my eyes everything like that vanishes in a day like this .

it's not that those disagreements are totally gone ,

because i wish i could go on and discuss those with him .

so Larry , get well asap !

p.s.: it is a good thing to be in this forum with you guys .

.well done everyone

Thanks for the kind words zarti.

JohnMarchant
08-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Larry best wishes to you and all your family and friends at this very tough time. My thoughts are with you all.

John

Lewis
08-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Ohhhh, damn, why does sh*t happen to good guys also :(. Sorry to hear that Larry, Best wishes from me to you and your family. Get well soon, we need you to do LW10 tutorials :).

3DBob
08-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks Petter for bringing this to the communities attention. I've just bought your plugins and will in due course get Larrys training.

Been discussing this with Larry over the past month and are someway towards providing an affordable and timely option in Southern India. Great hospital with good accommodation and care where my business partner had Gall bladder out few months ago (3 Generals, stent in/stone remove, gb out, stent out) and my Mother had keyhole on knee and major tooth work under seperate generals there in January. They have a Dialysis machine and have agreed to perform a transplant with the patient and doners embassy approval. There are also several eye hospitals locally too. We will provide logistical support and accommodation near to the hospital.

It still costs money however and would urge all lightwavers that have resources to take up Petter and any others on their generous offers or buy from Larry or donate. Ideally we could raise enough money for him to have it done locally in NZ as this would avoid repatriation issues and improve chances of long term care provision. Time is a big issue as this is a situation that is progressive and reducing his quality of life significantly now.

Larry is a waver who is always ready to help with his extensive LW knowledge and a good man to boot. Let's enable this man to keep on creating.

3DBob

MentalFish
08-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Thanks Robert, we're now up to 347 USD on MF purchases.

prometheus
08-04-2010, 01:21 AM
SplineGod, if you can, try moving here or to any of the countries in Scandinavia, healthcare here is second to none (to a cost in terms of high taxes, yes, but you can still have a pretty good life). You should be able to work freelance with the customers you have without problems.

I hope to see you back here as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

/Mikael

yeah here in sweden we have been lucky to have a decent health care system, But recent years it´s been under a reform from the latest government wich,means selling out to private sectors and harscher rules
in health securance, and there are so many people now falling out of
the whole system forced to do jobs even thou they are very very sick, if they have one hand left they can always do stamping with that hand etc..
Depending on political side youré cheering on, it might be god or bad.

So in two or three months there´s a new government election, and the outcome there would have a huge impact on health care me thinks.

I believe Michael Moore(whatever you think of him) did some documentary
of health care in the U.S and when talking about our system in sweden
he was refering it to that we had the best health care system in the world, but couldn´t believe we now ar ruining it all.

Cageman..would it be possible for the company you work for (massive entertainment) to sponsor a guest invitation trip for Larry and let him come over to sweden/malmö and visit Massive?

Maybe there´s some useful knowledge in training, and lightwave related
workflows that could be discussed and also bonding with valueable contacts.
Maybe setting up an offer for schools with training materials over here,
even thou Lightwave might not be the first choice over here.
With the background Larry have in dynamics,rigging and avatar?

It seems to me that concepts related to those areas, really could be
interesting to discuss in relation to what´s going on in Game industry and for companies like massive entertainment.

Invite him over if it´s possible with a sponsoring from Massive? and if he´s up to it, then you can discuss things over a bear (water for Larry), before guest appareance at your company and he get´s to see sweden and malmö.
Perhaps he might be able to check out options to work in sweden, wich
I believe has been improved for foreigners, and check out healt care options meanwhile.

Larry.. Don´t worry about old arguments with cageman, Iv´e met him once and he´s a very nice guy to talk to.

That sums up some thoughts from me about working and perhaps getting health care elsewere.

Michael

pooby
08-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Sorry to hear this Larry.
I know we have only ever communicated with arguments but I realise just how petty all that is when something like this happens.

I wish you all the best and hope you get better soon.

ps. Donating is all well and good but I'll be darned I'f I'm going to buy one of your IK boost tutorials ;)

erikals
08-04-2010, 05:09 AM
any thoughts about moving into Europe...UK for example, where they have free healthcare and lots of LW jobs?

it's absolutely an option.

akademus
08-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Paypal wont accept my bank account for donation, but I bought the plugins. I'll go get some DVDs as well.

Larry, man, I wish you all the best! You'll patch this somehow ;)

MacDoggie
08-04-2010, 07:01 AM

Hey Larry,

I reckon that explains why we haven't heard from you in a bit eh?? ****** luck mate. Truly sorry to her about this as I didn't have a clue. You certainly never mentioned it. Can we still ring you up in NZ?? If so could you possibly send me a current number off line. Sarah and I are truly saddened to hear of this and I certainly wouldn't wish this on anyone.

You and yours are always welcome at our fire.

Cheers

Andyjaggy
08-04-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm in the middle of one of the most republican states in the country and I still don't understand what everyone is holding on to with private healthcare.

Fear of change?
Fear of government?
Their right to be declined coverage?
Their right to be screwed over by the insurance industry?
Their right to have payed insurance their whole life and then get your claim denied on your day of need?

I don't get it. I feel like the only sane person around at times.

The recent health care bill that was passed was a great hing, but unfortunately it's too little too late. It won't help the millions of people who have died painful and unnecessary deaths due to our flawed system.

*Pete*
08-04-2010, 09:05 AM
ill write about two examples i know of here in Norway.

A family from checnya was seeking asylum here in Norway, the man in the family had a similiar health condition as Larry has, but the request for asylum was denied to the family.

When they then looked to deport the family, they noticed that the man would not be able to get good enough treatment in his own nation, nor would he be able to work to support his family.

The decision was the turned from negative to positive...they got to stay in Norway and he is still getting regular dialysis....unfortunately the man became blind becouse he went too long time without treatment on hia way to Norway.

Nobody here is thinking about the fact that we pay an expensive treatment to a foreigner who should not even be here....on the contrary, most people i know of are proud over the fact that we help those in need, spesially the sick.

Another thing is....we have a Iraqi terrorist leader here in Oslo (im practically a neighbour to him) walking freely in the streets....why?
Becouse we lack laws to sentence him to a prison, and we cant ship him to Iraq becouse he will risk capital punishment

the whole system in Norway (and Europe) is buildt around the principle of humanity...health has no cost, and we wont allow anyone to suffer if we can prevent it

so, if Larry would escape to Europe to get free treatment, nobody would judge him for that....opposite, it would only strenghten our belief that our system is better than the US system for healthcare.

Anyway....what ever Spliney decides to do. Its always good to have several options to pick between.

*Pete*
08-04-2010, 09:29 AM
as for the healthy lifestyle MrRid took up.

Seriously....office workers live more dangerously than construction workers.

Your body is a machine, and not using your body correctly (at all) will create a disbalance between different muscles, typically neck and shoulder for computer geeks.

What you eat and drink is also important, without saying that you need to go over to a vegetarian diet and drink only water.

The combination of an unhealthy diet, lifestyle and an officejob is potentially lethal...please take this seriously, you have only one body...its irreplacable.
If you f**k it up, you wont get a new one.

You can get a new job, new dog, new shoes, new car and even a new wife (if you want to repeat a mistake :D), but you have only one body....your health is important.

I run to work..its 6 km uphill, after work i run to the gym (4km downhill) and have some intensive training for about 45-60 minutes before i walk the last 2 km home.

I do it becouse my job is not physically demanding, and running is slightly faster than the bus/subway (and cheaper)....one would think that id be tired after it, but no....our body, the machine, actually produces extra amounts of energy to match the use of it.

Anyone out there thinking that excersizing is not for you, think again...you are humans, and your body is designed to do more than simply to brush your teeth and transport the brain to work.
Using the body as it is designed for will prevent healthissues.

If anyone wants advice or motivation, PM me or contact a personal trainer at a gym.

MacDoggie
08-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm in the middle of one of the most republican states in the country and I still don't understand what everyone is holding on to with private healthcare.

Fear of change?
Fear of government?
Their right to be declined coverage?
Their right to be screwed over by the insurance industry?
Their right to have payed insurance their whole life and then get your claim denied on your day of need?

I don't get it. I feel like the only sane person around at times.

The recent health care bill that was passed was a great hing, but unfortunately it's too little too late. It won't help the millions of people who have died painful and unnecessary deaths due to our flawed system.

Texas here... Truly appalling what these people want to implement here. But this is not really the place for this. As it would be in bad taste to get into a brawl here at a time like this.
Organize, stay informed, and vote with your conscience.. Be well

Larry, I will be ordering some plugs or tuts. Get better...

Andyjaggy
08-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah let's not turn this thread into a politcal brawl match.

My only concern is that all this help we are giving Larry is only going to help temporarily, it's not going to be a permanent fix, and that's what he needs. But if we can pool enough money to get dialysis for him for a few months till something better can be figured out then it will have been worth it.

MacDoggie
08-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Yeah let's not turn this thread into a politcal brawl match.

My only concern is that all this help we are giving Larry is only going to help temporarily, it's not going to be a permanent fix, and that's what he needs. But if we can pool enough money to get dialysis for him for a few months till something better can be figured out then it will have been worth it.

You are definitely not the only person Andy, Take heart in that.

See you around.

Cheers

*Pete*
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
the longterm/shortterm help issue was on my mind as well...

Spliney should be pragmatical about the longterm solution and consider only cost/effect and not principle or political view (what ever view he has).

If a new kidney will be enough, then short term help will be enough, but if not then he will need to find the cheapest (free?) alternative without compromisimg quality....and from that perspective comes my suggestions about moving to Europe.

The goal is a long life....nothing else matters.

I wish the best for Larry...may he get well so that we can agree and disagree with him on the forums for a long time to come :D

robpowers3d
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Larry and Camilla,

You are both in our thoughts and Larry we want you healthy and happy as soon as possible!

MentalFish
08-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks people, so far you guys have generated 417 USD of sales.

In terms of permanent help, of course thats what we all hope for, but I don't think the chance of failure, is a reason not to try. Easing Larry and Camilla's situation a little, is more than enough reason for me.

jameswillmott
08-04-2010, 10:35 PM

You people are awesome, Larry should consider himself very fortunate to know you all.

akademus
08-04-2010, 11:30 PM

In terms of permanent help, of course thats what we all hope for, but I don't think the chance of failure, is a reason not to try. Easing Larry and Camilla's situation a little, is more than enough reason for me.

Only one thing Petter, I think prices for those plugins should be double not half, that way it would more money... I'd be happy to pay whichever the amount is for them, not only they are very useful, but I'd be proud every time I use them because I know they are more than just plugins :)

Amurrell
08-04-2010, 11:44 PM
I wish you the best, Larry.

As your story shows, kidney disease is very hard to detect until it's in late stages. In fact, humans can lose 75% function without having symptoms. Anyway... Although we have never talked directly I have always listened (read) to what you had to say and offer to the community. You truly are a legend, and again I wish you and your family the best.

dballesg
08-05-2010, 12:23 AM
My best wishes to you Larry and to your wife too, it's hard have someone you love ill.

David

Roadwarrior
08-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Larry where praying for your health and your entire family here in Oz!
A miracle is what is needed in times like this:)

SplineGod
08-05-2010, 12:50 AM
I agree totally with James. My wife and I ARE fortunate to have the help from this community. Again thanks to every one who has helped. :)

prometheus
08-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Just checking here..

Larry..Is there a Training series specifically for product renders, and product modeling? I think Ivé seen them somewhere.

I think I can manage a lot of it, but you never know if it can boost
up my work I do today for gym machines, this mostly involves solidworks conversions and surfacing and lighting, so there´s very little modeling involved there except from remodeling cushions, and some minor details, and some modeling of gym lockers.

Apart from that Im also thinking about future designs of all kinds of products, ranging from lamps, furniture, technical design, toys etc.

This is only a vision I have, that one day maybe work together with my fellow co-worker,who is a very well educated product designer mostly working in solidworks.

If there is any material in your arsenal regarding product modeling and surfacing/rendering/ that you would like to recomend, then please post it here.
If Not..It might be an interesting series to create, once you start to feel better thou.

Michael

Soth
08-05-2010, 02:29 AM
http://www.kurvstudios.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LW-T005-0001&Category_Code=01-02-01

and yopu might find this useful:
http://www.kurvstudios.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LW-T009-001&Category_Code=01-02-01

Coupon Code - CLEARANCE

meshpig
08-05-2010, 02:57 AM
I dunno, I've never bought any of Larry's stuff and don't know him personally but do know what it's like to be a visually oriented person with permanently damaged, dysfunctional eyes.

SCS5
08-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Larry, I just found out about this today. It's great to see the lightwave community come together when it really matters. My thoughts, prayers and a little$ go out to you both. Thank you for all of your great contributions over the years.

Take care, be well.

Scott

LightWuv
08-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Donated. If you're reading this thread and don't much like thread-digging, the link (and blog) is here:

http://csmuse.blogspot.com/

CG Addict
08-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Wow, this community is awesome.

That is so true. I come here occasionally and get to read all the cool tech threads and even some not-so-good threads, but to read threads like this really, and I truly mean really make me proud to be a part of this community.

My prayers and best go out to Larry and his wife and to Mr. Wyatt as well as others who have gone through some terrible pains with illness and family loss.

I'm also taken by Mr. Rid's advice to all of us about watching our health, I like many spend a lot of my time sitting and the food is not so good. I've taken stock of this and will be changing this asap!

Titus
08-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Donated. If you're reading this thread and don't much like thread-digging, the link (and blog) is here:

http://csmuse.blogspot.com/

I don't think I'll be able to read that blog very often, it's clear they are having a rain of stones.

I hope you get better Larry.

shrox
08-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Larry,

What would you like us to do?

MrWyatt
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Larry and Guillaume, my best wishes to you both. :(

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Nowhere Man
08-06-2010, 03:48 AM
Bought the plugins.

My thoughts and prayers are with You and Your wife Larry.

Trulsi
08-08-2010, 08:37 AM
How are you doing, Larry? Hope you guys have gotten some more money now and that you can start to plan for a solution:) I gave you some $ as well. For me, you are the guy who ALWAYS looked at my questions in these forums and anwered them before I gave up on things/had had time to find a work-around. It has been quite remarkable, I must say! I really really hope you will be able to afford the needed operations, or find someone (or some country) that will. And I hope that they will help you recover enough to let you get back to 3D. Good luck with finding a way out!

MentalFish
08-09-2010, 07:32 AM
We have reached 500 usd in the MentalFish store, so I have transferred the amount to Larry and Camilla. Thanks to everyone!

Any other purchases from now until end of month will also be transferred, but I thought the current amount could just as well be transferred now rather than later.

@shrox and others, if you have business opportunities for Larry, don't be afraid to poke him about it, he is not a leper, just so y'all know :)

Apart from that, donations and prayers ftw!

aidanodr
08-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi Larry / Camilla,

Just reading your blog, noticed:

"Creatinine 750, Potassium 5.6."

I was just wondering when you say 750 are you saying .750mg?

"Normal levels of creatinine in the blood are approximately 0.6 to 1.2 milligrams (mg) per deciliter (dl) in adult males"

Potassium is a bit up?

"Normal serum potassium levels are between 3.5 to 5.0 mEq/L"

Larry, are you getting regular dialysis at this stage? ( 3 times a week for hemo in hospital or each night at home on peritoneal ).

Sent you guys a mail recently. We have been there, my wife ( from 36 ) was diagnosed with end stage renal failure out of the blue. She was on dialysis from Sept 2006 until June 2009 - she got a successful transplant June 2009. Alls well so far!

Our continued thoughts and prayers are with ye,
Aidan & Caroline ( Co. Cork, Ireland )

jasonwestmas
08-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Stay Strong Larry! I and others will be praying with you. Romans 8:38-39

Thanks again for all of your generosity.

K-Dawg
08-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi Larry,

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened. There is not much I can do to help.

What I can do for you Larry is to put you on our Prayer list at our Church and the congregation and Pastor will pray for you.

I pray the best for you Larry. I have your free Tutorials from when I started with LW and will watch every one of em for condolences.

Keep in there Larry, I always liked how you was committed to the community, your friendliness and kind being.

Sorry there is not much more I can do for you Larry.

God Bless you.

bluesmike
08-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Larry, my prayers are with you and your wife. Like many who've posted here, I've been helped many times by you generously giving of your time and talent. For that I'm grateful. I will do what I can to help out. I hope you can find a way to get the help you need, and look forward to having you back doing 3D again.

JML
08-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Really sorry to hear that..
I ordered 2 tutorials from splinegod's website..

I hope things will get better for you two.

lucyisssi
08-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Plugins bought, respect to MF.

Best wishes to Larry.

GandB
08-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Just bought a plugin; not much, but I bought you a few cups of coffee to help with your work Larry! ;)

-EsHrA-
08-10-2010, 09:25 AM
i just bought polygon islands.
my thoughts are with you and your family.
get well soon Larry.

mlon

Andyjaggy
08-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I wonder if Larry has any collection of models that good be put on TS or 3D Studio that could provide some steady, albeit low, influx of money.

SplineGod
08-13-2010, 05:12 AM
Thank you all again. So far we were able to raise enough to cover the eye surgery. Sent the hospital a check to get it going.
You guys have all been helpful and we are both very thankful :)

3DBob
08-13-2010, 05:23 AM
I'm very pleased, fantastic news.

3DBob

erikals
08-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Great news!!
also, big thanks to Peter 'MentalFish" for helping! :]

(i'm very happy :]

Trulsi
08-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Finally some good news:D That was great to hear. Hope the surgery will be successful!

khan973
08-13-2010, 06:59 AM
I've contributed too. Our lightwave community really has something special and very human.
I've also learned a lot from SplineGod, I hope you the best! and a good recovery.

Elmar Moelzer
08-13-2010, 08:06 AM
This is great new Larry! Good luck for your surgery!

Netvudu
08-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Great news, Larry! We also helped our tiny bit from spain today thanks to Mental Fish´s generosity.

JML
08-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Good luck for the surgery.

Any sickness is bad but when it affects the eyesight, that must
be really horrible.. and especially for artists..

LW_Will
08-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Thank gwads!

Good thoughts to you, Camilla and the kids!

Get better soon, Larry! That is an order! ;-)

jasonwestmas
08-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Wow, great, go get that surgery Larry! Hope to see you back in the game soon.

MentalFish
08-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Great to hear Larry! Keep on truckin!

Trulsi
08-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Hope you find a solution to the kidney problem as well!

tudor
08-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Damn.. This is bad news.
Made a small donation.

stevets
08-17-2010, 03:40 AM
Wish you a speedy recovery :)

Jörg
08-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Hey buddy

get well soon, did my donation few days back, hope it helps a little

greetings to the family

JJ

Kionel
08-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Larry --

You and your family are in my thoughts. Donation is forthcoming.

I know it sounds like so much pablum, but the advice to "think positive" is actually a good thing. I know I hated hearing that when my wife was diagnosed with MS last year, but the truth is it's helped.

Take care.

Tony

colkai
08-18-2010, 11:13 AM
I know it sounds like so much pablum, but the advice to "think positive" is actually a good thing. I know I hated hearing that when my wife was diagnosed with MS last year, but the truth is it's helped.

Agreed, as my wife was diagnosed with MS a couple of years ago. We try and focus on the good, it will only drain the spirit and energy if you let the nasties win. :)

Netvudu
08-20-2010, 10:32 AM
I don´t think the eye surgery for Larry (woohoo) should refrain us from donating some more money. I´m sure it´s still needed.
I just purchased another Kurv product, taking advantage of Kurv´s wonderful "save Larry" promotion. Great way of "encouraging generosity". Kudos for your assistance when someone is in a dire situation.

Come on people, go and purchase something from Larry´s Kurv collection. it can´t possibly get any cheaper, and as I like to think: if I can still learn something...then you all bunch of losers still have heaps to learn! :D

3dworks
08-20-2010, 04:31 PM
i read now about this very sad story on camilla's blog... i wish all the best and good luck to you, larry and camilla! larry, this is a good opportunity as well to thank you very much: your training videos opened my eyes on so many lightwave secrets :)

markus

cresshead
08-21-2010, 01:08 PM
donated $100 NZD

get well soon buddy

SplineGod
08-26-2010, 03:55 AM
I want to thank everyone. I was abe to get the first part of the surgery done to my right eye. Im seeing well enough to post here and hopefully it stays that way. My visions still a bit blurry in the right eye and not working yet in the left.It will take a few days for the vision to clear a bit more
The doctor was kind enough to let my wife take some photos of the process. You can see the photos on my wifes blog. To be honest it was painful but not nearly as bad as it was after the local anesthesia wore off. Today its not too bad.
Again, we very much appreciate the well wishes, prayers and donations. You guys are great! :)

djlithium
08-26-2010, 04:03 AM
Happy times Larry, get some rest tonight and enjoy the ability to see. Every day is precious.

3DBob
08-26-2010, 04:26 AM
Really pleased for you larry.

Speak soon

3DBob

OnlineRender
08-26-2010, 04:33 AM
I want to thank everyone. I was abe to get the first part of the surgery done to my right eye. Im seeing well enough to post here and hopefully it stays that way. My visions still a bit blurry in the right eye and not working yet in the left.It will take a few days for the vision to clear a bit more
The doctor was kind enough to let my wife take some photos of the process. You can see the photos on my wifes blog. To be honest it was painful but not nearly as bad as it was after the local anesthesia wore off. Today its not too bad.
Again, we very much appreciate the well wishes, prayers and donations. You guys are great! :)

Awesome news ! , I truly mean this , you have the coolest wife ever ! she even made a joke about after effects , plus how many years younger than you ?, you must have winning personality :P . .
goodluck and stay strong !

jasonwestmas
08-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Wow, that's really something Larry!

BigHache
08-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Glad to hear the good news! And tell the Mrs. I did like the photo. ;) Kinda has a Clockwork Orange ring to it.

cresshead
08-26-2010, 01:23 PM

excellent news:thumbsup:

when your eye's are up for it..go watch your handy work on a AVATAR dvd.

zarti
08-26-2010, 01:29 PM
really happy to know that , Larry ! be strong , man , and never loose faith !

.cheers

Markc
08-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Speedy recovery Larry :)

LW_Will
08-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Great news Larry.

I... I won't be seeing those photos... eagh! Gross!

Get better!

JamesCurtis
08-26-2010, 09:56 PM
I pray things work out better and better and for your full recovery, Larry.

ZE_COLMEIA
08-27-2010, 04:35 PM
I am trying to make lightwave´s brazilian communite to make something too, i wish everyone that felt helped or inspired by Larry´s advices/help/work/fellowship and participation on this comunity or outside it, try to make something to make his situation better. Sorry for my bad english.

Larry you are much famous and dear among brazilian wavers too (at least the ones I have contact) we want the best for you!

erikals
08-27-2010, 04:44 PM
the english is all good Ze... :]

metahumanity
08-29-2010, 11:06 AM
We´ll buy some training for our employees.

Hope you get better soon.

Roadwarrior
08-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Good to hear your getting better...... all the best Larry:)

SplineGod
08-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Again, thank you all very much. I apologize for not keeping up with posts. I hate not being able to post to the community here as much as Id like to. My right eye is still recovering from the surgery and its still hard to read the screen without that magnifyer utility in windows.
I do in tomorrow for surgery on my left eye and Ill admit Im a bit nervous because the doctors are a bit nervous. I will be under a general anesthetic for about 2-3 hrs. What has them nervous is that the kidney disease has changed my metabolism in a number of ways and apparently that increases the risk of stroke, heart failure etc. The surgery also requires an overnight stay in the hospital. I may not be able to post anything for a few days so please follow my wifes blog. Also I would greatly appreciate any prayers. :)
Thanks!

jat
08-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I'll remember you in my prayers right now!!!!!!! All the best.

*Pete*
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
im not a religious man, Larry..but ill whisper some discrete prayers tomorow to your direction just in case.

eyes are so vital...not only for artists but also for general quality of life.
ive had several close calls...i been at the doctor 5-6 times to remove pieces of brickstone and metals from my eyes, and one of the times i even had the doctor drilling into my eye to remove rust from it...and i had to stare directly at the bore-head of the drill for 15-20 minutes...

but i still ignored all forms of protective visors at work...all untill i had a drop of molten zink at a temperature of 650 celsius land on my eyelid..i was only 5 millimetres and half a second away of getting blind on one eye...

it made me think...and since then im overprotective of my eyes.

the close calls i ignored and the close call that almost got me really scared me once i realised the importance of the eyes...so, from the bottom of my heart, i wish the you best of luck.

Petri.

Lewis
08-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Come back here soon, Larry.

wish you luck.

cresshead
08-30-2010, 04:08 PM
good luck, thinking of you and crossing all fingers an toes for your op

Hopper
08-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Good luck Larry. I hope all goes well.

Trulsi
08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Good luck, Larry! Will be thinking of you tomorrow:)

bluesmike
08-30-2010, 05:04 PM
I'll be praying for you, Larry. Good luck.

Drocket
08-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Good luck Larry, I hope everything goes well for you :)

brunopeixoto
08-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Larry health will be great, and his life will be stronger, these are my wishes.

R.Feeney
08-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Best of luck Larry, I hope things improve for you soon.

ZE_COLMEIA
08-30-2010, 06:58 PM
My best wishes, Larry, you are in my thoughts too!

kosmodave
08-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Fingers crossed for you Larry, get well soon.

Dave

m0184you
08-31-2010, 01:46 AM
You are important part of LightWave community!
Thank you for all hour help!
Best wishes man!!!

WShawn
08-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Larry's saved my bacon a bunch of times. Just donated $120.00 NZ dollars ($86 U.S.)

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

cresshead
09-01-2010, 12:14 PM
from his wife's blog>>

today> post surgery

The hospital didn't call me, at all. So I drove here to avoid another cat and mouse over the phone. He was already up in the ward. All went well. That's the main thing. His obs are good, he feels every pain and he has codeine rushing through his veins right now.

There's an older gentleman across the way who talks like Stephen Hawking. Larry asked the nurse if he was a Cylon. Even high people can still retain the geek in them.

I don't know how long he's been up here for, he doesn't know either, but it would have been nice to ring the wife when he was in recovery just to let her know all went well, especially after the talk about bad kidneys, general aneastetic and resuss waivers on Monday.

erikals
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Larry asked the nurse if he was a Cylon

LoL!!
made my day! http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/aiwebs_017.gif

...as for the hospital, they need a smack! >:l

but Great to hear all is well! :]

oliversimonnet
09-01-2010, 04:17 PM
from his wife's blog>>

today> post surgery

The hospital didn't call me, at all. So I drove here to avoid another cat and mouse over the phone. He was already up in the ward. All went well. That's the main thing. His obs are good, he feels every pain and he has codeine rushing through his veins right now.

There's an older gentleman across the way who talks like Stephen Hawking. Larry asked the nurse if he was a Cylon. Even high people can still retain the geek in them.

I don't know how long he's been up here for, he doesn't know either, but it would have been nice to ring the wife when he was in recovery just to let her know all went well, especially after the talk about bad kidneys, general aneastetic and resuss waivers on Monday.

aa cool im soo glad to heare that all went well :)
and haha " is he a cylon" hahaha :)

Elmar Moelzer
09-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Glad things went well for Larry!

eagleeyed
09-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Also glad to hope things went well with the operation, and shame the hospital didnt call you. :( Been following the blog every day.

As they havent posted an update today (understandably), hope you have not suffered any more hardship due to the earthquake, and that none of you or family were injured.

Take care, and best wishes to Larry.

oliversimonnet
09-04-2010, 12:59 PM
just read the latest on the blog
and earthquakes are just what Larry and his misses DONT need rite now.
all the best to Larry and his whife :)

djlithium
09-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Yah indeed, crazy stuff. Amazing no one got killed in that. Hang in there Larry and Camilla! We love you.

3DBob
09-04-2010, 02:26 PM
It is one hell of a journey - here's thinking about you.

3DBob

Kuzey
09-04-2010, 03:52 PM
All my best wishes go out to Larry and his family!!

Here's hoping for more good news...keep at it Larry!

Kuzey

Pavlov
09-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Hope it goes brighter and brighter.
Still cant avoid thinking health must come first: Italy is really a crap place these days but it has free healthcare for everyone. It's hard to realize that even more advanced countries cant do at least the same.

Paolo

oliversimonnet
09-05-2010, 04:23 AM
i spoke to Larry today and he sais the surgery went ok
and he can now see better thrue the periphery of his left (or was it the rite haha im not sure ) eye :) so tehre is a bit of good news :)

erikals
09-05-2010, 07:08 AM
http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/smile.gif

ZE_COLMEIA
09-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Great! thanks for the news!

crashnburn
09-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Donated, best wishes to Larry and family!

anesthan
09-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Hi

Donated get well soon Larry .

Anesthan

MentalFish
09-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks to all who bought some MentalFish-ware, the last 162 USD have been transferred to Camilla and Larry. The "promotion" is over for now, but I urge people to still support by donating directly via Camilla's blog: http://csmuse.blogspot.com/

Tesselator
09-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Just heard...

Get better my brother! I'll be praying for you for sure! The NT engineering team is pulling for you too!

All your help with NT ins and outs were and are still, greatly appreciated! Not to mention your own awesome CG!!

With love - your brother from another mother. :)

oliversimonnet
09-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Just heard...

Get better my brother! I'll be praying for you for sure! The NT engineering team is pulling for you too!

All your help with NT ins and outs were and are still, greatly appreciated! Not to mention your own awesome CG!!

With love - your brother from another mother. :)
@Tesselator: :thumbsup:

@everyone:
any new news on howLarry and camilla are doing?
i have cheked the blog, nothing new really.but just thoult iwould ask incase someone has spoken tohim or anything

ThriJ
09-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Glad to hear he is doing ok.

Wish you all the best Larry, Get well soon man!

StereoMike
09-09-2010, 04:49 AM
All the best Larry! You're tough cookie, keep fighting!
Thanks for your great videos, I bought a bunch, still have to see them all :)

mike

battery555
09-09-2010, 05:19 AM
Never check out this forum for quite a while. Really sad to learn about this. I respect Larry for his contribution to my LW learning. I purchased some of his tutorials. IK booster in particular is my favorite. Thank you Larry. Wish all things goes well for you and your wife.

erikals
09-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Love the picture!

agh,... it's gone...  :]
http://csmuse.blogspot.com/2010/09/we-are-currently-at-road-block.html

  

wulfie
09-09-2010, 10:28 PM
This is horrible news and I am deeply saddened. Larry has given me the ability to pursue my dreams in a way that no one else has. I could never afford to go to school but that was okay...... I had Larry. I'm sending money no matter what I can or can't afford. Just please please please get better!

Bev Standish

oliversimonnet
09-12-2010, 12:35 PM
oo just updated my self on camillas blog
"His health is very low today"
c'mon Larry keep fighting pal :)!!

probiner
09-15-2010, 09:48 PM
(sigh...)

Hope they see that situation fixed to help them out.

Best wishes and prayers for both.
Hope all this also make them stronger and wiser in the end.

jeremyhughes77
09-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Just to be clear, anything from my current little set of vids on there Liberty is pushing towards Larry indefinitely from me. I told Liberty to take a few bucks here and there to cover server costs.

djlithium
09-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Just to be clear, anything from my current little set of vids on there Liberty is pushing towards Larry indefinitely from me. I told Liberty to take a few bucks here and there to cover server costs.

Wow Jeremy. I thought it was a temporary thing to help out, but that's much appreciated.

nickdigital
09-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll look into what videos we want to add from either Liberty or SplineGod's site.

Just to confirm you can process AmEx?

jeremyhughes77
09-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll look into what videos we want to add from either Liberty or SplineGod's site.

Anything Paypal pro can process and that includes AmEx, with or without a Paypal account

djlithium
09-16-2010, 12:43 AM

whatever paypal takes, we do.
Thank you muchly for even thinking about it.

KatKat

erikals
09-16-2010, 01:12 AM
$100 NZD sent (no show-off intended, rather i hope the "level" can be above this number in most cases)

so very sorry to hear about Larry's situation, it's very sad :\
get better Larry.

djlithium
09-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Thank you, I am sure Camilla and Larry appreciate every penny.

KelKat

nickdigital
09-16-2010, 07:33 AM
whatever paypal takes, we do.
Thank you muchly for even thinking about it.

KatKat

Were you able to post Larry's other videos on your site?

djlithium
09-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Were you able to post Larry's other videos on your site?

I've had to patiently wait for some uploads in the cue to this service, but yes, I just have to link them up now in our store and it should be good.

Kat

nickdigital
09-16-2010, 09:40 AM
I've had to patiently wait for some uploads in the cue to this service, but yes, I just have to link them up now in our store and it should be good.

Kat

Kewl, I'll keep an eye out for them. Worse comes to worse I can always to go Larry's site too. It's just that I don't handle the actual purchase...just the request. So making things as easy as possible on my end helps. There are some Liberty dvds I'm interested in so lumping everything together will help.

OnlineRender
09-16-2010, 03:04 PM
With the request that any remaining sum of owed royalties be sent directly to Larry by whatever means. Thanks Leigh Bamforth

Your a true Gent

Drocket
09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I'll look for your tutorials wherever you choose to move them to. :thumbsup:

2nd this too Leigh :)

djlithium
09-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Hey again.
Ok I am slowly but surely getting the videos we have access to up on liberty3d.com from Larry.
They are priced at 19.00 each, but with the 35% coupon (see our front page for details) that brings them down to around 12 bucks or so.
More videos will be added.
We are still having some troubles with downloads, but we are working through it one customer at a time. It's seems very intermittent at the moment.
If you have made a purchase and are having problems getting the downloads to complete, please contact me.
[email protected] liberty3d.com (remove the space).

Drocket
09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey again.
Ok I am slowly but surely getting the videos we have access to up on liberty3d.com from Larry.
They are priced at 19.00 each, but with the 35% coupon (see our front page for details) that brings them down to around 12 bucks or so.
More videos will be added.
We are still having some troubles with downloads, but we are working through it one customer at a time. It's seems very intermittent at the moment.
If you have made a purchase and are having problems getting the downloads to complete, please contact me.
[email protected] liberty3d.com (remove the space).

Just wanted to say I bought a hand full of videos off Liberty3D last week and had issues with the downloads (as much my isp as with Liberty3D's web site, my broadband is not very good) and Kat sorted the issues out immediately and I mean like minutes not hours or days so big thanks for that Kat :)

And as you would expect the training and video quality is top notch :)

Andrew.

djlithium
09-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Just wanted to say I bought a hand full of videos off Liberty3D last week and had issues with the downloads (as much my isp as with Liberty3D's web site, my broadband is not very good) and Kat sorted the issues out immediately and I mean like minutes not hours or days so big thanks for that Kat :)

And as you would expect the training and video quality is top notch :)

Andrew.

REOW! =^..^= and the sorting out continues!
I'm going for a world record/tour of hosting companies trying to break them all with the demand! :)
Thank you for your patience and support while we get things sorted out.

Happy times, although busy kat.

OnlineRender
09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
BiBi thread (Mod r On) .... please support Larry
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fcsmuse.blogspot.com%2F+Liberty3d
http://onlinerender.com/LarryS8.jpg

djlithium
09-16-2010, 04:47 PM
BiBi thread (Mod r On) .... please support Larry
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fcsmuse.blogspot.com%2F+Liberty3d
http://onlinerender.com/LarryS8.jpg

Can we get that in stereo? I just pulled my glasses out again :)

Jörg
09-16-2010, 04:58 PM
The most replies are more than :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Get focused on the main thing, I guess it was helping Larry out with his health condition!

cheers

erikals
09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
...hit Camilla's blog and look for any information that could lead you to the New Zealand immigration board and maybe write a letter of some kind encouraging them to grant him status.
Several of us have done this already, but maybe if a flood of emails/letters and even faxes go all in at once it could force the issue on another front to try and help.

found this,
http://csmuse.blogspot.com/2010/08/immigration-need-favor.html
currently looking for the New Zealand immigration board...

Sekhar
09-16-2010, 10:06 PM
If there are significant amounts being sent, I could believe that PayPal have locked accounts in case of money laundering.

I made a small donation this morning and I just got an email from PayPal showing a full refund from "Camilla Shultz - CSP." From her blog, looks like someone had their PayPal account closed. Wow.

CaptainMarlowe
09-17-2010, 02:49 AM
I've just one question related to the closure of the paypal account. Does this mean that it is not possible to purchase from Splinegod's online store ?
Or is this site still working ? Or is the only alternative Liberty3d ?

SplineGod
09-17-2010, 03:02 AM
I've just one question related to the closure of the paypal account. Does this mean that it is not possible to purchase from Splinegod's online store ?

Liberty3D is your best bet right now. Larry's website is on the move to a different server. But if there are training videos not listed on Liberty3D that
you want you can private message Larry.
Hope that helps.
Appreciate the support, once again.
- Camilla

CaptainMarlowe
09-17-2010, 03:08 AM
OK, I would have bought some of the character series first, but I'll go on for other videos on Liberty3D. No mater what, I'm pretty sure whatever videos I buy, they will be high end and useful for me, and hopefully helpful for Larry.

djlithium
09-17-2010, 03:19 AM

Hi there. We are working to get all of Larry's training up on Liberty3d.com for a few reasons. One, the Citizens at Liberty3d.com can assist in getting people the product while we, two, set up a new site for Larry, and three, provide customers with a cart purchasing system so multiple videos can be picked up at once using the coupon we currently have running on the site for 35% off (look for the post on the main page of www.liberty3d.com for details).

We appreciate your support and thank you for your patience during this transition period. Hopefully, with any luck, Larry will be back in action producing new videos soon :)

Kat

erikals
09-17-2010, 08:06 AM
can i request that any further conversation on money matters owed by people, be posted on a new thread so that we're not in danger of having this thread deleted.

yep.

djlithium
09-17-2010, 08:24 AM
yep.

Yes, you can continue this thread here.

http://liberty3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=82
Please read the forum rules when you visit ;)

Kat

oliversimonnet
09-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Can we still use this thread to update people on how Larry is doing?

djlithium
09-17-2010, 08:32 AM
I don't see why not. Larry is back home from the hospital now and resting.
That I do know, so thats a good thing.

GandB
09-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Can we still use this thread to update people on how Larry is doing?

I would certainly hope so! :thumbsup:

oliversimonnet
09-17-2010, 08:36 AM
I don't see why not. Larry is back home from the hospital now and resting.
That I do know, so thats a good thing.

ooh cool, thats good, io hope he is ok...well...better

I would certainly hope so! :thumbsup:

same here

Marvin Miller
09-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Let's keep this thread on topic to offer well wishes for Larry and a speedy recovery. This forum is not the place for public disputes. Please feel free to continue your well wishing and encouragement but any posts which go off topic or that encourage personal attacks will be removed. We would prefer not to close the thread but will do so if everyone can't follow these guidelines. Thanks.

GandB
09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Fair enough Marv; as listed there are other places to continue the "nasty" part of the discussion.

Back to well-wishes for Larry and Camille.

Trulsi
09-17-2010, 11:54 AM
splinegod.com is down:(

oliversimonnet
09-17-2010, 11:57 AM
splinegod.com is down:(
why!!!??? :(

cresshead
09-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Let's keep this thread on topic to offer well wishes for Larry and a speedy recovery. This forum is not the place for public disputes. Please feel free to continue your well wishing and encouragement but any posts which go off topic or that encourage personal attacks will be removed. We would prefer not to close the thread but will do so if everyone can't follow these guidelines. Thanks.
:agree:

the best thing to do is:

1.wish larry to get well as soon as possible so he feels good enough to go back to do what he loves..making kick *** 3d with Newtek Lightwave 3D.
2.if you can, send in a donation via his rather amazing wife on her blog with paypal http://csmuse.blogspot.com/
3. buy some of his Lightwave Video training material from liberty3d.http://liberty3d.com/store/training/lightwave/

any one of the above will help Larry in some way.

doing ALL 3 means your a totally cool person! :thumbsup:

i've done 2 out of 3 so whilst i'm not 'totally cool' i feel i'm on the right path!

cresshead
09-17-2010, 12:02 PM

it's currently moving over to a new server...it'll be back up soon. [www.splinegod.com]

in the meantime...count out some of your pennies and start saving up for some training vids!:D

TalleyJC
09-17-2010, 12:45 PM

will be removed or have been removed?

fishhead
09-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone, I just today stumbled over this thread - haven´t been around here for a while.

I also very recently - through a post in the mailinglist got directed to 3DLiberty - and also spent my share... All the best wishes to Larry and Camilla from me.

But what bugs me a bit: wasn´t there a post from Wes somewhere on page 14 this morning?!? Where has that gone? I can understand that a moderator might be needed in cases, but if I remember correctly there were no flames or strange assumptions or anything the like in that post.
Isn´t one allowed to (politely) speak up when everyone seems to bash one up?!?

Maybe I am just missing something here, but in case that is so, please help me out...

cresshead
09-17-2010, 01:08 PM
basically, this thread is to keep people in the loop on Larry Shultz's health, wish him well and to maybe get some loose change parted from you the reader and over to help pay some hospital bills via buying his excellent video training materials.

ANYTHING else doesn't help him get better, quicker...i realise that forums and threads are full of arguments but this particular thread should be clean of that if at all possible.

the donate button on his wife's blog is down, not sure if that's a permanent thing, i hope not but until then feel free to make yourself better with Lightwave 3d by purchasing some of splinegod's excellent training videos from liberty 3d

djlithium
09-17-2010, 01:09 PM

Because its moving! :)

oliversimonnet
09-17-2010, 01:47 PM
it's currently moving over to a new server...it'll be back up soon. [www.splinegod.com]

in the meantime...count out some of your pennies and start saving up for some training vids!:D

aa ok cool

ye im working on getting some of Larrys stuff very soon :)

madkarma
09-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Hear hear.
Bloody shame this censorship.

Dear Larry, dear Camilla.

We send both of you all our love and good karma and for just in case a little donation too.

Very best wishes from Madkarma,Mamakarma,and the 3 karmakids.

TalleyJC
09-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Hmmm. Personal Attacks. I wonder how Larry feels.

Here's hoping that Larry's stress level reduces and he's able to mend quickly.

SBowie
09-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Not to speak for Marvin, but the forum policy does state the following:

Moderation decisions are not subject to public discussion. If you have comments, send an email or private message to the moderators.

As a courtesy we allow third party vendors with NewTek related training and other products to post announcements here. If you have any problematical issues as a consumer or would-be consumer of those products, follow up directly with the vendor on their support venue or by private channels.

While it's true the specifics above largely refer to problems between third-party vendors and their consumers, the principle extends just as readily to their suppliers.

While it's not hard to sympathize with Larry in his plight (which is what this thread is about), this is not the place to for a protracted discussion of business matters of this sort. The reasons should be obvious, not least that this is neither a courtroom (wherein there would be a presumption of innocence followed by at least some semblance of a mechanism for both prosecution and a defense), nor the 'court of public opinion'.

I would recommend shutting that part of this thread down without further comment, or expect it to be shut down.

jasonwestmas
09-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes, I wouldn't suspect NT would host court sessions of any nature.

erikals
09-17-2010, 02:51 PM
...maybe in the future :]

Marvin Miller
09-17-2010, 03:03 PM
The matter was discussed internally and it was determined that the private business matters in this thread were not appropriate for the NewTek forum. End of debate.

We wish Larry and his family the best but if this thread cannot keep on topic it will be closed and/or removed.

SBowie
09-17-2010, 03:11 PM
See. :p

wulfie
09-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just stumbled onto the post is what happened to me too. We need to start a larger fund raising campaign than this. I mentioned Larry's situation to my local SIGGRAPH group and they immediately said, "let's have a fundraising event for this fellow CG artist." I think people would want to help if they only knew. So can we post to a lot of forums here? I personally have purchased Dogwaffle and Paint Shop Pro and many others on Larry's suggestion....I love these programs and they have forums don't they. So can we all get out there and post?

Wes, It seems like you could help here by sending a link to Camilla's website to everyone on those lists who has appreciated Larry's videos and webinars and asking directly for money.

I have some other ideas that will be in a new post....which I hope lives on to benefit Larry greatly.

Bev Standish

djlithium
09-18-2010, 03:03 AM
The matter was discussed internally and it was determined that the private business matters in this thread were not appropriate for the NewTek forum. End of debate.

We wish Larry and his family the best but if this thread cannot keep on topic it will be closed and/or removed.

Ok, just making sure. Thanks.

djlithium
09-18-2010, 03:17 AM
You must mean me. :)

Come on Kat... it's one BIG personal attack against Kurv. Plain and simple. That's what Marvin is most likely talking about. And it's rampant in this thread. Cease on that front and everything will be fine. :thumbsup:

And shouldn't you be creating more Fusion tutes now? :heart:

Yes, more fusion tutes are coming. I want to do another LW video this weekend if I can. Actually I have lots planned and lots of requests from people for certain subjects.
Personal attacks? Who what me?
I thought that was for people like zimmerman and d-os? It's odd they haven't made an appearance. Don'tcha think?

Sekhar
09-18-2010, 03:42 PM
I made a small donation this morning and I just got an email from PayPal showing a full refund from "Camilla Shultz - CSP." From her blog, looks like someone had their PayPal account closed. Wow.

Looks like this is a wider problem/development with PayPal WRT donations - just saw this post (http://tortoisesvn.net/howpaypalscrewsopensourceprojects) from the open source project SVN.

cresshead
09-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Looks like this is a wider problem/development with PayPal WRT donations - just saw this post (http://tortoisesvn.net/howpaypalscrewsopensourceprojects) from the open source project SVN.

i hope that get's fixed as i'd like to donate once a month if my funds allow

erikals
09-18-2010, 08:32 PM
well, we can always buy the same vidz twice...

cresshead
09-19-2010, 04:38 PM
looks like new zealand is getting it rough right now, stay inside larry!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100919/twl-storm-the-size-of-australia-hits-new-3fd0ae9.html

oliversimonnet
09-20-2010, 05:06 AM
ooh no
thats bad, that bad bad bad
hopefully it doesent affect Larry :)

djlithium
09-20-2010, 05:16 AM
Hey Guys!
Ok so we had a pretty stellar and well turbulent week last week obviously, but I wanted to let you know that we really appreciate everyone's outpouring of support, either be it from donations or through purchases at Liberty3d.com where we have been donating cash from sales to Larry either being 100% or 50% or whatever.
We still have about 40 of the Liberty3D.com Back to school Sale coupons which give you 35% off that can be made use of.
So if you haven't picked something up yet, you can using this coupon code during check out -----> LibertyBTSSALE

It's up to you if you want to use the coupon or not.
Once these coupons are gone, we are going to do another promotion soon, just not sure when exactly. It's going to be a busy week for as we may have another Liberty3d.com Branded Plug-in come out for LightWave (possibly tomorrow/today with any luck), but this time for Layout! :)

djlithium
09-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Ok I had to let the kat out of the bag on this one
http://liberty3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=195

It should be available very very soon. We are just working out the key gen and pricing plus testing. We may want a few people to bash on it first before public release, so if you are interested, contact me through the thread at liberty3d.com

djlithium
09-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey Guys!
Ok so we had a pretty stellar and well turbulent week last week obviously, but I wanted to let you know that we really appreciate everyone's outpouring of support, either be it from donations or through purchases at Liberty3d.com where we have been donating cash from sales to Larry either being 100% or 50% or whatever.
We still have about 40 of the Liberty3D.com Back to school Sale coupons which give you 35% off that can be made use of.
So if you haven't picked something up yet, you can using this coupon code during check out -----> LibertyBTSSALE

It's up to you if you want to use the coupon or not.
Once these coupons are gone, we are going to do another promotion soon, just not sure when exactly. It's going to be a busy week for as we may have another Liberty3d.com Branded Plug-in come out for LightWave (possibly tomorrow/today with any luck), but this time for Layout! :)

Ok, the very very last of our 35% off coupons are almost gone. So if you want to help Larry out, now is the time to pick up some of his vids and others at a great discount.
The amount of support for this cause has been overwhelming and I know that Larry and Camilla are very very thankful, as are the rest of us at Liberty3D.com for the support while Larry continues on the road to recovery. He's not out of the woods yet. But hopefully with his eyes doing a bit better he can get back to work here shortly and then continue with the next round of medical battles at least being able to see what's coming at him.
I'm working on the next batch of videos myself and I know there are other videos from the others coming soon and we will continue to support Larry with donations of our own sales as much as we possibly can.

Thank you again everyone.