PDA

View Full Version : Morph mixing problems

Tippsy
08-01-2010, 11:01 PM
So im very new to using morph mixer and sliders to animate, and I love the idea of them...if they would work right. So my problem is I am rotating two gears and want to use morph mixer so I get it all set up and just rotate each one seperatrly 90 degrees and then when I go into Layout and turn it from 0 to 100% they get smaller in the middle even though I only rotated them.

At both 0 and 100% they look perfect exactly how their supposed to, what am I doing wrong??

THREEL
08-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Morph targets work in a linear fashion. So, your points on your model are moving from there first placement to their second placement in that manner. I think I've seen a plug-in mentioned on the forum that would allow your object to morph in a curved trajectory, but I can't remember where to find it. Maybe a search on the forum would help you find it. Also, make sure you have your Subdivision Order set to After morphing, After motion, or Last, under your Object Properties in Layout.

Hope this helps.

nickdigital
08-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I would recommend making the wheels separate objects that you can rotate. This way they will maintain their shape properly as they rotate.

THREEL
08-02-2010, 12:33 AM
BTW--I think you'd be better off setting up nulls as parents to the gears, rotating the first gear by key framing the parent null and using something like Follower on the other gears, which can be found under Motion Options (m). It takes some playing around with it to figure it out at first, but I think that will get you what you want.

BigHache
08-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Additionally, by using a simple Expression on the Null, you can get it to rotate at a constant rate and without having to adjust keyframes if you need to change your scene length.

Tippsy
08-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Thanks guys that helps alot!!