PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave will not start

Tim H.
07-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi,

Accidentally clicked "clear" on the master plugins list. Now, LightWave will not start. When I start LightWave, I can see it in the task manager...but nothing at all appears on screen (outside of the Task Manager).

I have tried moving the config files in Docs and Settings, hoping that this was the issue and that LightWave would re-create new ones. No difference. No new config files created.

A second or two after trying to start LightWave, there is the "ding" noise (like when a crash report is starting). However, there is no crash report at all. No LightWave at all.

Any suggestions about how to rescue LightWave?

Thanks,
Tim

Hopper
07-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Your configs are probably hosed at this point. I would simply uninstall LW and re-install (should take less than 5 minutes). After installing, load Modeler and Layout at least once, then save off the default configs. Then put your old ones back and see if it will start. If not, simply move the default configs back in and reload your plugins and re-config whatever custom changes you have.

But this time .. after you are done, backup your configs and keep them handy in case it happens again.

djlithium
07-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Try starting lightwave without the hub. I have a feeling its the hub thats hosing you. :)

Tim H.
07-30-2010, 11:48 PM
I tried doing several things that may be able to help, based on a number of other threads. No success.

I then removed the five *.CFG files from Docs and Settings, followed by an uninstall/re-install.

Absolutely no change at all.

DJ: You mentioned that I should start LightWave without the hub. How is this done? (If this super-simple...no one has ever accused me of being a LightWave expert!)

I'm on a Win XP x64 system, installing only the 32-bit version of LightWave (because one of the plugins I use regularly is 32-bit only).

Any suggestions that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

nickdigital
07-31-2010, 02:37 AM
DJ: You mentioned that I should start LightWave without the hub. How is this done? (If this super-simple...no one has ever accused me of being a LightWave expert!)

Edit your shortcut to either Modeler or Layout by right-clicking on it to get to Properties and add a "- 0" (dash zero) to the end of the Target string.