PDA

View Full Version : LiveSet Constructor Alpha Issues

DrVideo
07-30-2010, 04:50 PM
I am having some trouble generating LiveSets with Alpha Keys
from the ones that we bought from Virtual Sets.

I am inputting the proper BG & FG files and I can see the Liveset in the Tricaster, however the virtual monitor is still showing only white when I have a graphic selected for the background.

I would also like to organize the sets into folders. Is that possible? or do I have to dump them all into the custom effects folder?

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

joseburgos
08-03-2010, 09:26 AM
I am having some trouble generating LiveSets with Alpha Keys
from the ones that we bought from Virtual Sets.

I am inputting the proper BG & FG files and I can see the Liveset in the Tricaster, however the virtual monitor is still showing only white when I have a graphic selected for the background.

I would also like to organize the sets into folders. Is that possible? or do I have to dump them all into the custom effects folder?

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

I would call them for tech support to see why you are getting the error.
As for the organization, it is pretty easy using Windows.
Open your TriCaster\User Data\Default User\VSFX folder.
Notice all the LiveSets have a priority file associated with them. These files have a numeric number in them that decides how it stacks up in the LiveSet list and then it list by alphabetical. All the NewTek stock LiveSets priority files have the number 220 in them and this is the start of the stack order. All priority files that have a 220 are first and then listed alphabetically. If the creator of the LiveSet does not give the set a priority, TriCaster will create it's own and assign 1000 to it by default.
A simple use of Notepad and changing the priority value, will change its stack order.
Taking this a step further, a stack/list separator can be made to further distinguish LiveSet groups.
In the same VSFX folder, make a new folder and call it _MyGroup (with MyGroup being whatever you want it to be). Next, copy and paste any priority file into the main VSFX folder. Rename this copy priority file to the same exact name as the folder _MyGroup then leave the priority extension. Change it's priority value, using notepad, to 500 and save and exit notepad. Now do the same exact same thing except name the new folder and priority file _New LiveSets. Change it's priority value to 990.
Finally change the priority value of anything you want list under _MyGroup to 501. Use 501 for all the sets you want under the _MyGroups. The _NewLiveSets group will list everything after 990 which will be any LiveSets added that do not have a priority file created when it is installed. That means TriCaster will make one and make its value 1000 putting it under _NewLiveSets and at the bottom of the Stack/List.

Take care,

DrVideo
08-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Jose,

Thank you for the reply. Let me show you an example of a set that I'd like to get the keys working on.

There is a foreground Matte and A Background Matte for each angle of the set.

Thanks!

joseburgos
08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Ah I see. You can't get the FX feed using the LiveSet constructor. The FG image will work and then you can also have you video input plane after it but full screen only so for this set, you would have to size the subject in camera. Then the BG image is placed behind it all but you do not have access to FX video planes to place in the stack using LiveSet constructor. To be able to create a LiveSet with the FX bus as a feed as well as be able to size the video planes, you need Aura, which only comes with VT[5] or Lightwave. It may be less expensive to contact Virtual sets and ask Eric to upgrade them to LiveSets and pay for the upgrade fee. Another choice is hire someone, like me, to do this for you.
Glad you sent the images as I was not understanding the problem but a picture is worth a thousand words :)

DrVideo
08-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Jose,

Thanks for the input. I have the Mac Version of Lightwave 8
I have heard of AURA. What's the story on that software? I don't see
it listed among the Newtek products. Has it been discontinued?

If so, how are Tricaster Owners supposed to get a copy?

I read somewhere on the net that TVP ANIMATION is the same as AURA.
If so then I will buy a copy of TVP.

http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/article/products/tvpa.php

Thanks!

SBowie
08-31-2010, 05:06 PM
I read somewhere on the net that TVP ANIMATION is the same as AURA.Related, but not the same, really.

Josť and I have both observed that Aura's 'relatives' have some sort of problem affecting image quality from the LiveSets they output that doesn't happen with Aura. I have some notions why this might be, but haven't gotten around to seeing if a successful workaround can be found. Until then, I can't personally see my way clear to encourage anyone to use anything other than Aura or LW.

joseburgos
08-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Related, but not the same, really.

Josť and I have both observed that Aura's 'relatives' have some sort of problem affecting image quality from the LiveSets they output that doesn't happen with Aura. I have some notions why this might be, but haven't gotten around to seeing if a successful workaround can be found. Until then, I can't personally see my way clear to encourage anyone to use anything other than Aura or LW.

:agree: And my guess is a lack of FP image processing with the plug-in but you are the de facto expert so I am just taking a shot in the dark kind of guess.

As for Aura, as I said in my post, it comes with VT[5].

joseburgos
08-31-2010, 06:15 PM
I'll take it one step further, because part of what I do for a living is make LiveSets, I spent something like 160 hours over two to three months, yeah no typo, trying to figure out what was wrong and finally gave up and now just use Aura for certain projects. So stay away from anything but Aura or LW.

DrVideo
09-17-2010, 03:34 PM
So what you are saying is that since VT5 has been discontinued,
and since AURA is not available and the shipping variants do not work the only way to get a liveset modified is through folks that still have copies like Jose Burgos?

Newtek: why not unbundle AURA Paint? or make it available for free to Tricaster Owners.

DrVideo

SBowie
09-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Just to mention it, LW (9.6, Windows 32bit) will also serve the purpose (and then some) - and it is available, albeit at some cost and with a learning curve.

joseburgos
09-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Just to mention it, LW (9.6, Windows 32bit) will also serve the purpose (and then some) - and it is available, albeit at some cost and with a learning curve.

And if you upgrade LW before Sept. 30th, you get a free copy of LW10 when it is released later this year. $495 with electronic manual and $595 with printed manual.

DrVideo
09-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Unfortunately for me, we are an all Mac shop. My boss will not allow me to install bootcamp or windows for that matter. He does not want to take a chance on making our Final Cut Edit Suite unstable for the chance of running a windows program.

I'll just have to wait until Mac Lightwave 10 is in parity with the Windows version.

DrVideo