PDA

View Full Version : ATi Radeon for Lightwave

Neuroup
09-17-2003, 05:34 AM
Hello!

I Have a Nvidia GForce 3. But i want buy something new. I'm thinking about Radeon 9500. Did anyone have this gfx card ? Becouse when i was testing lightwave on this gfx card there was lot of problems with Opengl in Modeler. Are there any good drivers for Ati Radeon 9500 for Lightwave 3d. I know that nvidia is making special drivers for 3d studio max. Maybe there is something like that for lightwave and Ati. You know disappearing faces are not very big problems but uncomfortable.

Neuroup of Addict Labs
[email protected]

gjjackson
09-17-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm using that card and all seems well. Just using it out of the box. I didn't get a new drivers just using what came with it.

Neuroup
09-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Oki! Can you tell me two things. First what version of Lightwave do you have and what is producent of your card ? Becouse also i test lightwave on orginal Ati drivers and i had also this same problem.

gjjackson
09-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Neuroup
Oki! what is producent of your card ? Becouse also i test lightwave on orginal Ati drivers and i had also this same problem.

I'm using 7.5, not b or c.
Sorry, but don't know your meaning of producent. I'm at work and not at that PC. The card is the ATI Radeon 9500 128M. I use a dual monitor setup, although the modeler and layout don't work right on the second monitor. Viper etc work. I use the second for menu's etc. The OpenGL of layout and modeler I've never been able to work right. I've wondered if it isn't something in the BIOS.

Neuroup
09-17-2003, 10:21 AM
Ok. For what i must looking in Bios ? What option. i have mainboard with VIA.

Bye! And thx for help

gjjackson
09-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Just thinking... There may be some settings that need done in the OpenGL setting of the Display properties. I do recall quite a few setting there. Some years ago I had problems with certain video cards with certain MB's. It had to do with chipsets, i.e. nVidia Video with AMD MB that used Intel chipsets. I think these days the compatibility is much better. In any event I would check any OpenGL settings.

Zafar Iqbal
09-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Make sure you upgrade your CPU first (if it's also outdated).

I had dual P3 1GHz setup when i purchased my ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, and was dissapointed - it was slower in almost* every aspect that my previous Geforce 4 Deluxe.

It even got beaten by a lameass onboard gfx board running on a P4 2.8GHz... wich btw costs about 15(!!) times less.

I keep hearing about how gfx boards are non independad from this and that - dont make the same mistake as i did.

*the only time it really outperformed any other gfx boards that i've earlier used to compared it with (with more or less same settings), was when fullscreen antialiasing was turned on.