PDA

View Full Version : Delete/Clearing Vmaps

xchrisx
07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Hey everyone,
I am in the process of clearing a lot of Vmaps on an object and have a way to do it (by setting all of the values of each point to nil), unfortunately this is painfully slow with several hundred weightmaps and about 1.5 million poly model. I did some digging and in modeler's command list they have two commands : vmapdelete and clearvmap

does anyone know what kind of syntax to use them in? I have tried several different ways and went through mike greens lscript documentation but to no avail I cant get it to work.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
-chris

evenflcw
07-29-2010, 05:02 PM
To delete a map your supposed to set all assigned vertex values to nil. When all values in a map is nil, Modeler will garbage collect it. In order for the name to actually disappear from the popup you might have to select another map.

If those commands are integrated (ie not provided via plugin/script) and there is no sdk/lscript command setup to invoke them, I don't think you can.

PS. Currently you cannot clear discontinuous vmap types (ie UVs) from lscript because of a bug.

xchrisx
07-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Dan. I was hoping that since it appeared in the commands list that I would be able to invoke them, but guess not. Oh well, I guess I will just have to delete the vmaps by hand.

-chris