PDA

View Full Version : Register HardCORE product - Membership no?

OlaHaldor
07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I've done it. I bought it. Now I'll talk the landlord into giving me a week or so to get the rest of the money.... But how could I resist ? :rolleyes:

So I'm about to register the software, and I'm asked for my "membership no." - but where do I find it? Is it my order number or should it clearly read "hardcore membership number" ? Nothing about such in the email with confirmation of my order. Only a serial number.

I searched a little, but couldn't really find anything particularly on this.

calilifestyle
07-29-2010, 01:59 PM
lol yeah i think I'll be late on a car payment next month.

dballesg
07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
I do not remember the process too well (done it long ago).

But I think you can find your Membership no on register.newtek.com

And I think you need to sent an email to Customer Support to get access to the HC forums.

Hope that helps.

David

Nicolas Jordan
07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
I just went ahead and upgraded my license to a Hardcore membership last night and I had the same question. I emailed customer service about and they said that the serial number in the order email is the membership number. I tried it and it worked!

OlaHaldor
07-29-2010, 02:47 PM
I tried the serial number right after I wrote my opening post. But it didn't work. Will try again now.

I emailed customer support, and he said he would give me access to the HC forums now. :)

Edit
Nope. I got this. "The order for this membership number has not been released."

deadlybuda
07-30-2010, 06:56 PM
I got my membership number. I registered, but still didn't get the link to the forums or the download!

It would be nice, after plunking down $500, to be able to use the program.

Drocket
07-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I got my membership number. I registered, but still didn't get the link to the forums or the download!

It would be nice, after plunking down $500, to be able to use the program.

You need access to the hardcore forums before you can download, once you have access look in the announcement section.

deadlybuda
07-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi Drocket,
Thanks... but I think maybe I didn't get sent the forum link yet???
I got the e-mail with my membership no.
After registering, I received an e-mail with "Shipping Information" from Jeanie Jensen.
Yet, no where can I find a link to the forums????

Drocket
07-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi Drocket,
Thanks... but I think maybe I didn't get sent the forum link yet???
I got the e-mail with my membership no.
After registering, I received an e-mail with "Shipping Information" from Jeanie Jensen.
Yet, no where can I find a link to the forums????

Hi deadlybuda,

I believe for NT to give you access to the forums is a manual process (I can't remember if you get sent an email or not once they have done it) however I would have a look in the root of the NT forums to see if they have already granted you access. If they have then you are good to go, see my previous post above.

deadlybuda
07-30-2010, 11:27 PM
How do I look in the Root of the forums?

sublimationman
07-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Shoot, here it is Friday night and I have the same issue, just paid for my HardCore membership and no Membership number. Tried the "license Key" but that did not work.

Nicolas mentioned serial number but there is nothing in the email about a serial number.

kosmodave
07-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Thinking back, I had trouble at first gaining access to the HC forum section until I signed out and cleared all cookies etc and then signed back in and there it was. Maybe worth a try.

Dave.

Drocket
07-31-2010, 12:29 AM
How do I look in the Root of the forums?

Try going here (http://www.newtek.com/forums/index.php) and see if you can see the hardcore forums, if not you might want to shoot NT an email or try kosmodave's suggestion below.

deadlybuda
07-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Day 2 of no core love. sigh.

sublimationman
07-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Deadly, how did you get your "membership number"?

I got a license key number, but that does not work to "register" 10 online.

Philbert
07-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Sucks I just got paid but have other expenses so I won't be able to buy in until the Friday after next. Glad there's a thread of info here for when I do though.

deadlybuda
08-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Sublimationman,
I received the license key number, after registering it via the registration page. That gives a membership number. But...no download!
I guess they do it manually so I'll have to wait til Monday. Though I called up NT on Friday and they told me I would be good-to-go after 5pm CST Friday. No luck though.

This is kinda like watching the task bar.

OlaHaldor
08-01-2010, 08:03 AM
If I get this.. You're saying you used the serial number you got for buying into HardCORE to register regular LightWave, and then got your member number in order to register HarCORE?

That didn't make much sense though. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I'll see if I've got new emails since friday morning when I get back home tonight.

sublimationman
08-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Guess that is where I am out of luck, I put in my license key number I got when I paid but when I tried to register with it, it says it's invalid.

I'll call Monday and try to sort it all out. Bet they will be busy though with the show over and lots of people buying and needing help and such.

deadlybuda
08-03-2010, 08:37 PM
It all got taken care of Monday. It's all done manually by Newtek so ya just gotta wait.

For those of you about to buy Core...purchase the morning of a weekday and you should get everything taken care of by the end of the day.

Philbert
08-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Monday is almost a week from now, but if you do it in the morning it will take less than a day?

Drocket
08-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Monday is almost a week from now, but if you do it in the morning it will take less than a day?

Hey Phil,

I think he is saying if you purchase your upgrade to core during the week (i.e. not the weekend) you will most likely get access to hardcore during that day, if you order over the weekend you will have to wait until the start of the working week before they can hook you up with access to the hardcore forums.

Philbert
08-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry I misunderstood. He said "it all got taken care of Monday". I thought he said "it'll all get taken care of Monday", like next Monday instead of Yesterday.

Drocket
08-03-2010, 11:28 PM
lol, I do the same thing as well sometimes :)

Sam_Horton
08-07-2010, 07:32 PM
I just purchased the hardcore membership too, but the only link I got was for a wallpaper download :(

Some clarification would be cool...

Philbert
08-07-2010, 07:36 PM
As I understand it, call support, they will give you access to the HC forum, and in there you find links to download. That's just what I hear anyway since I still need to purchase myself.

GraphXs
08-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes, if you want to download the beta version of LW 10. You need to go to the top of the HC Forum.