PDA

View Full Version : i have big problem with bvh motion capture

abdelkarim
07-28-2010, 07:24 AM
:agree: i want to used motion capture to get nice animation facial or like real world with lightwave because i think its better then used morph. so

i have zign track 1.4 full version . i add some mark on my face and i do small

movie . just to test is it really your character 3d facial animation can do

that as me .:help:

but problem its when i exported on bvh after i imported to lightwave 3d bvh. i see this bone ?????? there are many . oh my god.

is this bvh facial motion capture ??? !!!! -how i can setup with my chracter for animation facial

or isnt this. im wrog way to tracking face mybe.

i posted some images. plz help. thnx

in -1- picture . i show you how i loaded bvh file in lightwave 3d.

2- pic . 'front view' there many bone here . its correctely or its right or its normal when used zign track and you export bvh then you import it in lightwave.

3- pic - 'Right View' its same just to see ? many bonne its normale ?

4- pic - View Schematic to see how many bone they are . first bone name's Head and all other is parented to it.

5- pic - we have my screen Shoot on my desktop to see Zign Track 1.4 full version and zign Track 2 Demo. why i used 1.4 i know Zt 2 its better then ZT1.4 but in ZT 1.4 i can export and save ex... .

plz help. :sleeping:

abdelkarim
07-28-2010, 07:39 AM
thnx for help. :D again

abdelkarim
07-28-2010, 12:46 PM
help !

Greenlaw
07-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi,

My help in this matter is going to be very limited as I haven't worked with Zign Track, but here are a few suggestions that might help:

- Save out a neutral pose .bvh from Zign Track. You can use this as a base rig for rigging your LW face object.

- Make sure the rig is to scale for LightWave. If it looks huge, try importing the .bvh at .01 scale (1%). This seems like a typical value for importing data from other applications to LightWave.

- Now you can try a couple of things, like position your model to fit this rig or modify the rig to fit your model. I'm not sure what's best as I'm just guessing in a very general way, but when you're done you know the rig *should* fit the character. If you modify the rig, you'll probably need to send that back to Zign Track, and redo the tracking with the modified rig.

- Now when you import the animated .bvh, you can have the character use the bones from the .bvh's root object using character object's Bones panel, which if all goes well, should be easiest. Or...

- ...you can try transferring the motion from the .bvh to the rigged character. This isn't as easy as Use Bones From, but it's more flexible if your character has more than just a face rig. If you decide to transfer the .bvh motion, you have several options: you can save individual .mot files and load them onto the character's rig manually (tedious), or you can try the script described in Cageman's mocap tutorial (http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105521&highlight=mocap) that exports all the motions from a rig and lets you apply them to another similar rig, or you can use Motion Mixer to save and load a single .hmot file, or you might be able to use IK Boost to copy and paste the motions directly from the .bvh rig to the character rig. (I'm not sure how to do this last method, so you'll need to look elsewhere for more information.)

- Or if you have a separate face only rigged character and a body only rigged character, you can bake out an .mdd of the version with the face rig, and apply the displacement to the version with the body rig.

Sorry, I know that's not very specific information, but I hope it helps point you in the right direction. BTW, I'm very curious to see if you can make this work so please post your progress. :)

G.

abdelkarim
07-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi,

My help in this matter is going to be very limited as I haven't worked with Zign Track, but here are a few suggestions that might help:

- Save out a neutral pose .bvh from Zign Track. You can use this as a base rig for rigging your LW face object.

- Make sure the rig is to scale for LightWave. If it looks huge, try importing the .bvh at .01 scale (1%). This seems like a typical value for importing data from other applications to LightWave.

- Now you can try a couple of things, like position your model to fit this rig or modify the rig to fit your model. I'm not sure what's best as I'm just guessing in a very general way, but when you're done you know the rig *should* fit the character. If you modify the rig, you'll probably need to send that back to Zign Track, and redo the tracking with the modified rig.

- Now when you import the animated .bvh, you can have the character use the bones from the .bvh's root object using character object's Bones panel, which if all goes well, should be easiest. Or...

- ...you can try transferring the motion from the .bvh to the rigged character. This isn't as easy as Use Bones From, but it's more flexible if your character has more than just a face rig. If you decide to transfer the .bvh motion, you have several options: you can save individual .mot files and load them onto the character's rig manually (tedious), or you can try the script described in Cageman's mocap tutorial (http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105521&highlight=mocap) that exports all the motions from a rig and lets you apply them to another similar rig, or you can use Motion Mixer to save and load a single .hmot file, or you might be able to use IK Boost to copy and paste the motions directly from the .bvh rig to the character rig. (I'm not sure how to do this last method, so you'll need to look elsewhere for more information.)

- Or if you have a separate face only rigged character and a body only rigged character, you can bake out an .mdd of the version with the face rig, and apply the displacement to the version with the body rig.

Sorry, I know that's not very specific information, but I hope it helps point you in the right direction. BTW, I'm very curious to see if you can make this work so please post your progress. :)

G.

thnx u so much

Greenlaw
07-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Oh, and one more thing: If you're wondering how to get the .bvh rig 'into' your character, what you really want to do is replace the root object in the .bvh rig (it will most likely be a null,) with your character object using the Replace Object command.

Okay, that's a lot of options. Hope some of this helps. :)

Greenlaw
07-28-2010, 03:35 PM
You know, you can probably get these bones to drive morph targets to instead of having them directly deform your object. I think you can do this with Relativity, and of course you'll need to set up the morphs in your character. I haven't done this myself though, so this is just another idea to try.

abdelkarim
07-31-2010, 02:49 PM
thnx again

. how i can add my bvh to my character.

how i can replace the root ? plz thnx

abdelkarim
07-31-2010, 02:50 PM
ah ok in pro panel of my object i will replace it with bvh ?

erikals
08-01-2010, 04:30 AM
buy this,
http://www.kurvstudios.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LW-T057-001&Category_Code=01-02-01

abdelkarim
08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh, and one more thing: If you're wondering how to get the .bvh rig 'into' your character, what you really want to do is replace the root object in the .bvh rig (it will most likely be a null,) with your character object using the Replace Object command.

Okay, that's a lot of options. Hope some of this helps. :)

thnx.
but how i can replace root of my character with my bvh ????

plz thnx

erikals
08-01-2010, 05:05 PM
hm, ...why is it being discontinued though?

Soth
08-01-2010, 05:08 PM
do not want to spread gossip but I think everyone is moving to liberty3d :)

erikals
08-01-2010, 05:31 PM
seem to remember the author gets the money at Liberty as there are no middle-men.
could be it.

abdelkarim
08-04-2010, 06:53 PM
alooo any help plz ?

how i can add my bvh facial animation to my character

daforum
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
:agree: i want to used motion capture to get nice animation facial or like real world with lightwave because i think its better then used morph. so

i have zign track 1.4 full version . i add some mark on my face and i do small

movie . just to test is it really your character 3d facial animation can do

that as me .:help:

but problem its when i exported on bvh after i imported to lightwave 3d bvh. i see this bone ?????? there are many . oh my god.

is this bvh facial motion capture ??? !!!! -how i can setup with my chracter for animation facial

or isnt this. im wrog way to tracking face mybe.

i posted some images. plz help. thnx

in -1- picture . i show you how i loaded bvh file in lightwave 3d.

2- pic . 'front view' there many bone here . its correctely or its right or its normal when used zign track and you export bvh then you import it in lightwave.

3- pic - 'Right View' its same just to see ? many bonne its normale ?

4- pic - View Schematic to see how many bone they are . first bone name's Head and all other is parented to it.

5- pic - we have my screen Shoot on my desktop to see Zign Track 1.4 full version and zign Track 2 Demo. why i used 1.4 i know Zt 2 its better then ZT1.4 but in ZT 1.4 i can export and save ex... .

plz help. :sleeping:

Looking at your first picture, you need to have Auto Key on when importing bvh into Lightwave.

Hope this helps :)