PDA

View Full Version : minimize window

sacarmic
07-27-2010, 02:44 PM
In the XD300, is there any way to bring up a window from the OS over the LIVe app?

SBowie
07-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Doing so is strongly counter-recommended.

sacarmic
07-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, we don't do it during productions. It is just a pain to leave the whole selector app. Sorry, the XD300 gui is definitely a step back in our opinion and we got it before our SDI version.

Scott

SBowie
07-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah, we don't do it during productions.I see.

It is just a pain to leave the whole selector app.I take it you mean 'to exit the TCXD Startup Screen' and exit to Windows. Not to be argumentative, but maybe you could help me by explaining what reason you have for going out to the Windows desktop with any frequency? Thanks.

sacarmic
07-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Basically for moving/loading files, clips, graphics, etc. We using it in a news environment and are constantly loading files into it between live shots.

SBowie
07-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Basically for moving/loading files, clips, graphics, etc. We using it in a news environment and are constantly loading files into it between live shots.You do know you can do that stuff from the Session screen in TCXD Startup, I suppose - using either "Browse" or "Import Media"?

(And also, add a 'location' to the Media Browser so you can get at it while live?)

kltv
07-27-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure what NewTek's stance is on this performance wise, or if it fits in your workflow, but you might consider just sharing the media drive over the network. Then the files could be copied directly in from wherever they are coming from without disrupting your live production. Once the file is in you can "Add" the media just like you do anyway during the live shot to get it into the bin. It puts the copying action on the computer providing the files to the TriCaster.

Of course this doesn't work if you aren't networked to the graphics or edit stations and are using a flash drive or something like that.

Kris

SBowie
07-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure what NewTek's stance is on this performance wise ...It is always preferable to prepare DDR playlist content (and the like) in advance. That said, some environments are very fluid and make this difficult, if not impossible.

As far as I know, there's no restriction on 'Adding a Location' that is a network share, but I suspect it would be preferable for that folder to be local to the TriCaster (rather than being located on the remote system). And of course, keep in mind that dependence on that network connection could possibly contend with bandwidth required for LiveText or iVGA use.

Again, the fact that these things are possible doesn't mean they are encouraged. The Add Location feature exists as a nod to the fact that sometimes they are really essential.

p.s. - I'm sure you knew all of this, Kris, just elaborating a bit.... :)

kltv
07-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I probably wouldn't try to play something live to air from a network share on another computer. I'd just share the D: drive of the TriCaster so people could copy media in from their computer. Basically dropping it onto the TriCaster's media drive from their computer so I can play it locally.

Kris

SBowie
07-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I probably wouldn't try to play something live to air from a network share on another computer. I'd just share the D: drive of the TriCaster so people could copy media in from their computer. Basically dropping it onto the TriCaster's media drive from their computer so I can play it locally.I think you could do that, alright, but my own personal approach might be a little narrower. I think I'd rather share a couple of specific local folders (say something like D:\Shared\TodaysGraphics and D:\Shared\TodaysClips), and add them as Media Browser locations.

kltv
07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
I think you could do that, alright, but my own personal approach might be a little narrower. I think I'd rather share a couple of specific local folders (say something like D:\Shared\TodaysGraphics and D:\Shared\TodaysClips), and add them as Media Browser locations.

That would make it much easier to find them. Good idea.

Kris

stevecrull
06-02-2011, 03:21 PM
What I typically do is hold the Shift key while opening the Tricaster app thus running it in windows mode. This allows you to Alt+TAB to other open windows or to access portions of My Computer, etc. press the windows key.