PDA

View Full Version : Vacation is over! did you get any?

prometheus
07-25-2010, 06:24 AM
well those 4 weeks went fast and tomorrow Im back on the work to do
gym machine renders and illustrations.

This was actually my first vacation since 2007, at that time I got sacked
due to personal cut downs, and I was only called in to work 3 months in the summer when everyone else had vacation and I also worked 3 months at winter times..the rest 6 months was dedicated to looking for jobs and being part of activities arranged by the goverments unemployment programs.

so being without a job for a long time an only work at others summer vacation, isnīt what I would call a vacation, thou I could here some sarcastic comments on that.
sitting several ours a day or going out and finding job and constantly getting refused, that tears on the psychic health let me tell you.

summer vacations here in stockholm,sweden is important since the rest of the year
is pretty much rainy and dark and cold.
This winter was extremly cold but absolute beautiful with the amount of snow that was coming down, it was truly a winter saga that beats Narnia.

After the snow finally melted, the summer came quickly, and it has been
very warm every day almost..in juli it has been a temparature around 28-30 degree celsius, in some other parts itīs been reaching 34 degrees.
So Ive just been on the lazy side and pickin up some sun on my balcony and drinking som cold drinks every 20 minutes.

I couldnīt afford to go anywhere( but Im not that fond of traveling anyway) since I started my new job last year in oktober, I hadnīt worked
enough to get enough saved vacation days(only two weeks) but
I took four weeks anyway, since the company is doing so well and we got some bonus salery.
This very day is the first day it started to rain properly and a little colder air, but I love rain too so itīs okay just before I start working again.

How was your vacation if you got any?

Michael

UnCommonGrafx
07-25-2010, 06:49 AM
I went back into education as I saw my economy tanking around me. Really, REALLY glad I did as only now am I seeing a bit of improvement for my Indie brethren.
This is my third year with 'vacation' during the summer months. I missed the environment and glad I went back. Plus, I get to teach LW, some AE and DFX, pIllusion et al. so it's an alright lil gig.

It's a still goin' and I'm still enjoying.

*Pete*
07-25-2010, 06:54 AM
no vacation for me...i been working all the time, but this is becouse ill lose my job at the end of september (freedom, at last:D) and i plan to have couple of months of vacation to travel to warmer countries in the south europe/north africa/middle east when the winter sets in over here.

summer is best spent up here in the north...perfect weather, warm, green and lots of pretty girls outdoors.

prometheus
07-25-2010, 01:22 PM
no vacation for me...i been working all the time, but this is becouse ill lose my job at the end of september (freedom, at last:D) and i plan to have couple of months of vacation to travel to warmer countries in the south europe/north africa/middle east when the winter sets in over here.

summer is best spent up here in the north...perfect weather, warm, green and lots of pretty girls outdoors.

Many pretty ones here too, to bad they donīt match my ugly face:)

I just Love swede and norwegian woman/girls, but they need a 3d mind, otherwise I fear they would get tired of me and dump me.

So your about to lose the job? I hope youīll find something as soon as possible, do you have anything coming up?

Michael

walfridson
07-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Vacation is over! did you get any?

Little bit funny title :)

Cageman
07-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Haha... I laughed when I read the title... it does indeed imply on something...shall we say...dirty... or.... the swedish sin, maybe... ;)

I am on vaccation right now... I've had 2 weeks so far, 4 weeks in total... so... 2 more weeks of vaccation for me.

:D

walfridson
07-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I am on vaccation right now... I've had 2 weeks so far, 4 weeks in total... so... 2 more weeks of vaccation for me.

so did you get any?

archijam
07-25-2010, 01:56 PM
I think Waldridson got some... ;)

prometheus
07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Haha... I laughed when I read the title... it does indeed imply on something...shall we say...dirty... or.... the swedish sin, maybe... ;)

:D well those comments by you might just be how it reflects on yourself:)

I actually didnīt have anything else (dirty in mind) it really just came up that way, itīs just bad translation of swedish minds, just like the swedish BP head chiefs comments on small people.

I sincerly apologize for any miss interpretation, the proper title probably should have been.

did you get any vacation? mine is over.

and peteīs comments on girls, might have boosted that interpretation.

It would been great to have a couple of more weeks too, august is a pretty fine month too, I prefer those days and nights..and
itīs lovely to take night strolls and look at stars at this time..in june,juli itīs to bright on the night skies.

Michael

shrox
07-25-2010, 05:34 PM
:D well those comments by you might just be how it reflects on yourself:)

I actually didnīt have anything else (dirty in mind) it really just came up that way, itīs just bad translation of swedish minds, just like the swedish BP head chiefs comments on small people.

I sincerly apologize for any miss interpretation, the proper title probably should have been.

did you get any vacation? mine is over.

and peteīs comments on girls, might have boosted that interpretation.

It would been great to have a couple of more weeks too, august is a pretty fine month too, I prefer those days and nights..and
itīs lovely to take night strolls and look at stars at this time..in june,juli itīs to bright on the night skies.

Michael

Your original title was fine.

So, did you get any? I had my first kiss in about two years...from a human woman anyway. Dogs and cats don't count.

OnlineRender
07-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Your original title was fine.

So, did you get any? I had my first kiss in about two years...from a human woman anyway. Dogs and cats don't count.

Honestly DOOOOG , stop admiting that stuff .............

akademus
07-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Nothing till September. And only for one week ;( But still cant wait for it...

*Pete*
07-26-2010, 09:33 AM
So your about to lose the job? I hope youīll find something as soon as possible, do you have anything coming up?

Michael

no worries...its a **** job i should have quit a long time ago, but the salary has been so good so i didnt.

i have lots of plans...vacations to begin with :D

but after that, ill try to make a living on 3D alone...

BigHache
07-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Summer is my busy time. I'll take some time after the season ends. Maybe I'll take vacation time and go make money doing something else. :D

m4a2000
07-26-2010, 05:11 PM
What is vacation???