PDA

View Full Version : New Training Videos for Fusion and Lightwave on Liberty3d.com for Siggraph Week!

djlithium
07-24-2010, 06:16 PM
We have some great new videos out now just in time for Siggraph Week at www.liberty3d.com (http://www.liberty3d.com) plus reduced pricing on Kat's Videos (me) to below 20 bucks!
Check out Jeremy Hughes kick *** Fusion 6 tutorials on fusion particles and digtal matte painting - also under 20 bucks each!

More details are here http://www.liberty3d.com

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement! :)

Have a safe siggraph! Even if you couldn't make it...

djlithium
07-24-2010, 06:34 PM
oh you can bet more is on its way! :)

I have to get back onto fusion 6.1 though before I can do anything there but it looks like jeremy has the bases covered for now. I think he's got another one behind these coming very soon.

djlithium
07-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh well that I can certainly do in regular Fusion 5.3.

I have touched on that a quite a bit in the DP Custom Light Tutorial. Half of it is Lightwave and the other half is fusion, although that is specifically intended to show how to get decent results out of a single render pass with exrTrader and is not the full meal deal break out process I normally go through but it does explain how to composite using the new Refraction Buffer which was introduced in 9.6.

mikala
07-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Okay I picked up Jeremy Hughes first Matte Painting tutorial.
People for me it was more than worth the price. Novice or intermediate users even the odd power user can get something out of this vid.
I'm a button pusher that really needs to learn keyboard shortcuts Mr Hughes gave me a load that I'd not heard of or tried before.
Again great video tute!

djlithium
07-25-2010, 09:13 PM
People for me it was more than worth the price. Novice or intermediate users even the odd power user can get something out of this vid.
I'm a button pusher that really needs to learn keyboard shortcuts Mr Hughes gave me a load that I'd not heard of or tried before.
Again great video tute!

Good to hear you have had a good time of them and are getting some great information and use out of Fusion! :)

Thanks again for your support. We all appreciate it. =^..^=

VicMackey
07-25-2010, 09:17 PM
I can't tell you how useful, professional and well presented the Liberty 3D tutorials are. I've yet to purchase the Fusion series, but they look very promising indeed.

If you think you know it all, you will be surprised at how much more you learn. I've purchased a handful already, and saving up for some more :)

jeremyhughes77
07-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Again great video tute!

Awesome! Thank you :)

mikala
07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Next up will be the Fusion part of the tutorial...will be getting that post haste. :)

3dWannabe
08-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm very enthusiastic about a Fusion/exrTrader tutorial that shows the proper use of ALL the buffers.

I hope that you'll be able to use the new un-released exrTrader version that uses the additional buffers Gerardo outlined in the article titled 'Nah! You canít do that with LightWave!' in issue #30 hdri3d

http://www.hdri3d.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=163&Itemid=100

And - I'd certainly cast my vote for part of the video to cover Janus/Fusion/exrTrader.

Thanks!

djlithium
08-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Hmm, well I don't know what he covered in that article (sadly I am not a subscriber) but I can take a best guess plus my take on multi-pass rendering and compositing and put something really nice together. I think that might be my next one. I am just finishing up the encoding for Advance Space Scene Creation Volume Two and it should be up later tonight or first thing tomorrow. So be on the look out for that as well.

KelKat.Lithium

3dWannabe
08-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Hmm, well I don't know what he covered in that article (sadly I am not a subscriber) but I can take a best guess plus my take on multi-pass rendering and compositing and put something really nice together. I think that might be my next one. I am just finishing up the encoding for Advance Space Scene Creation Volume Two and it should be up later tonight or first thing tomorrow. So be on the look out for that as well.

KelKat.Lithium
Using dpont's nodes, he was able to obtain:

1. Illumination pass
2. Ambient Occlusion
3. Reflection Occlusion
4. Lights
5. Beauty Pass
6. Radiance Occlusion
7. Irradiance pass
8. RGB Depth pass
9. Focus Pass
10. Normal pass
11. SSS pass
12. Object Matte Pass/object id pass
13. Material Matte pass
14. UV Texture pass

The article includes the node setup to obtain all the passes in the download section.

Note: back issues are available from hdri3d.com. This is definitely a must-have issue!

GandB
08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
You can expect some business from me in the future. ;)

khan973
08-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Note: back issues are available from hdri3d.com. This is definitely a must-have issue!

Seriously! The best article I've ever read on lightwave so far!
I never knew we could go so far in LW and exporting passes!
That's reaaaally a must have!!!!!

3dWannabe
08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
KelKat.Lithium - I'm surprised you don't subscribe?

It's about the only magazine on the book store shelves that will have 30-50% of the articles on Lightwave. The other articles are on zBrush, Photoshop, XSI, etc.

In fact, you should write an article in hdri3d on Qaudpanels, multi-pass compositing, etc.

You can mention your products, essentially getting a free ad with lot of exposure, and get paid for your trouble!

djlithium
08-13-2010, 12:57 PM
The thought has crossed my mind. I will have to reach out to them and say hi and see what can be done there :) I have just been so busy with other things over the last 3 months, getting liberty3d.com set up, producing new vids (latest one released today - check it out http://liberty3d.com/2010/08/advanced-space-scene-creation-vol-2/ ), plus I just got a part time gig doing VFX and I am working on my first 12" vinyl release that I hope to get out before the end of the year. Busy kitty indeed. :)

mikala
08-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Congrats on the work/gig man!

djlithium
08-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah thanks! happy times. It's a cool project too and lets me work on other stuff so I am not pulling 20 hour days for some smuck studio somewhere :P
I can then pull 24 hour days in my own home instead! heheh

mikala
08-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Then that is the key isn't it? Slaving at home is soooooooo much better than slavin' for the man:)