PDA

View Full Version : Human Body: Ultimate Machine

oliversimonnet
07-24-2010, 09:27 AM
hello
has any one seen "Human Body: Ultimate Machine"? or "Human Body: pushing the limits"? its a series on TV
well if you have do any of you know what 3D program was used. i am interested because i think the modeling and effects in it are amazing :)

here are 2 videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEGJzHKXDa4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztq-pfZjza0 (this one is mostly clips of the animation and effects

RebelHill
07-24-2010, 10:49 AM
well the fx work was done by rushes... who I believe use mainly a mix of maya and softimage... and the look of the shots in the videos has a definate MR appearance.

But I imagine there was probably a mix of a fair few packages involved all in all, as most vfx work tends to have.

erikals
07-25-2010, 04:03 AM
"100 trillion instructions every second"
that's a lot...

oliversimonnet
07-25-2010, 05:50 AM
@RebelHill: thanks for the info :)
@erikals: i know its a bit unbelievable but apparently true. the series it very interesting, but my favorite has to be the "brain power" one, our brains do some amazing things :)

probiner
07-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Nice stuff.
I think any person playing sports have this slow motion sensations, since it kind of looks soemtimes that you process information faster and your body triggers actions faster without much thinking about.

metahumanity
08-04-2010, 05:54 AM
If you´ve ever been in an accident, or in any dangerous situation like being attacked by some idiot or something similar, then you probably have experienced the time-slowing effect of adrenaline.

Very similar to Matrix bullet time, not as extreme but almost.

Nice stuff.
I think any person playing sports have this slow motion sensations, since it kind of looks soemtimes that you process information faster and your body triggers actions faster without much thinking about.

Elmar Moelzer
08-04-2010, 06:21 AM
They used the models made by Zygote. You can buy them there. They are very pricy though. You could also buy VoluMedic and make models like that all by yourself. Zygote used CT- data to model their models as well. They did use other software though (VoluMedic was not available yet, back then). Just saying...

Andyjaggy
08-04-2010, 10:28 AM
We use the zygote model were I work for almost all of our projects. It is a very high quality model and worth the price if you do any large amount of medical work.

It's not perfect however, the spine model in particular is fairly innacurate in some places. Every time I do a spine project the client will comment on the sections that aren't right. Some of the artery anatomy is also incorrect, particularly in the legs and groin area. :)

Elmar Moelzer
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
It's not perfect however, the spine model in particular is fairly innacurate in some places. Every time I do a spine project the client will comment on the sections that aren't right. Some of the artery anatomy is also incorrect, particularly in the legs and groin area.

Get VoluMedic and make better models :)

Andyjaggy
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I showed the people in power here the plugin and no one seemed to be all that interested. I was like okay whatever. I don't think they fully understood what it was and what it could accomplish.

Lamont
08-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Get VoluMedic and make better models :)We had VoluMedic at my last job. I miss having it. Too pricey for my freelance-ways.:cursin: