PDA

View Full Version : HDV to DVD Streamlined

donx
07-24-2010, 04:05 AM
I was slowly going crazy searching for the right software route to encoding an HDV SE timeline to create a good looking DVD. Finally I have found a quick easy way, with 'hardware'. Oh, those annoying interlace jaggies!!! :devil:

So I play my SE2 1080i edited timeline and set the BlackMagic Intensity Pro to rescale the output to SD 16 x 9. Then I hook up a Toshiba DVD recorder with S-Video and stereo audio from the Intensity.
Push record and in real time I have a great looking DVD. Only thing lacking is pretty menu navigation on the DVD.
However, the files are encoded on the DVD and can be extracted into Nero and better menus added to a new burn.
:D

Mutley Eugenius
07-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Brilliant trick, that. :agree:

Shawn Farrell
07-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Perhaps "The Fastest" dvd burn possible, SpeedEDIT. Nice job.:newtek::vticon::tcicon::lwicon::thumbsup:

Adam_LightPlay
07-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, wazup with Nero 10? Nero 6-8 would do a great job making a DVD from an AVI file. Now Nero 10 chokes on an uncompressed AVI, and field reverses good old DV Type 2 AVIs.

Good idea on the real-time DVD recorder. I bypass the ugly menu by setting my Panasonic DVD recorder to make the DVD to play immediately with no menu.