PDA

View Full Version : Perspectives on the iPhone 4G problems...

csandy
07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
... and other companies that create hardware, software, and the integration of the two.

Many of us have lived, developed, and worked through bugs. They happen to every company. Few are unfortunate to have as high profile as Apple with it's recent antenna woes, but we've experienced it with Microsoft products, Autodesk products, Adobe products, and yes, even NewTek products.

Here's an interesting perspective from an employee at Google on bugs, how they happen, how companies deal with them (or decide not to), and what impact bugs have on development.

http://googletesting.blogspot.com/2010/07/there-but-for-grace-of-testing-go-i.html

Note: I use, have used, currently own products from, or own stock in, or endorse, or like, products from all of the companies mentioned above. :-)

danielkaiser
07-23-2010, 10:56 AM
... and other companies that create hardware, software, and the integration of the two.

Many of us have lived, developed, and worked though bugs. They happen to every company. Few are unfortunate to have as high profile as Apple with it's recent antenna woes, but we've experienced it with Microsoft products, Autodesk products, Adobe products, and yes, even NewTek products.

Here's an interesting perspective from an employee at Google on bugs, how they happen, how companies deal with them (or decide not to), and what impact bugs have on development.

http://googletesting.blogspot.com/2010/07/there-but-for-grace-of-testing-go-i.html

Note: I use, have used, currently own products from, or own stock in, or endorse, or like, products from all of the companies mentioned above. :-)

So your saying, Apple and Apple products are no different than other company's and their products. Well.... looks like the man has finally come out from behind the curtain.

csandy
07-23-2010, 11:30 AM
So your saying, Apple and Apple products are no different than other company's and their products. Well.... looks like the man has finally come out from behind the curtain.

No, Apple is different, but they face similar software and hardware problems as other companies.

However, they market better (or at leat Chiat Day seems to produce some of their best stuff for them), they have a charismatic spokesperson in Jobs, and due to a limited market share, have not attracted as many security issues as the dominant PC platform. Apple products in general also have a superior design aesthetic and GUI.

I am a long time Apple user and investor, but as far as my volunteer work and for-profit work is concerned - the ugly generic devices made by other manufacturers provide better value.

cresshead
07-23-2010, 01:20 PM
it's a phone...who really gives a monkeys?
honestly all the hoopla around a ruddy mobile phone...
lets see if we can put as much energy into other things that actually matter...

JeffrySG
07-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Not sure if this was posted in this thread but....

http://www.youtube.com/user/tinywatchproductions#p/a/u/0/FL7yD-0pqZg

very very funny...

danielkaiser
07-23-2010, 03:49 PM
it's a phone...who really gives a monkeys?
honestly all the hoopla around a ruddy mobile phone...
lets see if we can put as much energy into other things that actually matter...

It's not just a phone it's a way of life.

BTW I have a few monkey bu*ts left over from the last time I gave some out, if you want any PM me. you can never have to many monkey bu*ts.