PDA

View Full Version : Basic Morph question

Builtdown
07-21-2010, 02:27 AM
Hi, I have a basic question about Morphing :

Letīs say I have a perfect ball as a base object.
Then I create a new endomorph (ie. Morph1) and flatten the ball so it looks like it melting or something.
Next I want to create a new morph (Morph2) where the ball is even more flat. But when I create a new morph, the flat ball turns back to a perfect ball (base). That is the problem.
I want to adjust the flat ball (Morph1) further towards a more flat ball (Morph2) but without having to start from step 1 (base).
Is this possible?

Thanks!

RebelHill
07-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Morphs are always morph'd from the base mesh, not each other. If you want a second morf to contain the information of a first one, then use apply morph to apply the first to the second, then continue modeling it further.

Salv8or
07-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Am not sure what you meen.

When you create a new morph, that morh is automaticle "empty". No deformation on that newly created morph. Thats why it looks like the original.
If you just want to adjust the morph you select the morphmap you want to adjust by clicking the little "m" button on the lower right of your screen then select the morh you want to adjust in the dropdown next to the "m" button.

"W" is for weightmaps
"T" is for Texture/UV
"M" is for morph
"C" is for vertexcolor
"S" is for selectionset

All of them are lined up next to eachother so it easy to access any type of vertexmap.

In Layout you can also exceed the morphs when applying the "morphmixer" under the deform tab. By exceeding 100% you would probably get the same result that you want.
Hope you understand my attempt to explain.

Good luck.

Salv8or
07-21-2010, 03:18 AM
Wow.. almost collided with you there, rebelhill. =)

Builtdown
07-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Thanks RebelHill, that was exactly what I was looking for!

- builtdown

Sensei
07-21-2010, 04:46 AM
BTW, if you would like to do modify/generate morph map any imaginable way you can do it using VMapProcessor tool from TrueArt's Modeling Pack http://modelingpack.trueart.eu

You can set up your own node tree in custom Node Editor, where each vertex is modified by your equation. On example video, procedural texture bump channel is applied to morph.
http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/VMapProcessor#Videos

Builtdown
08-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi,

I have one more question :

This is something I donīt understand. I have an object that has some Morph maps applied. All good. Then I select the object when "base" morph is selected and copy the object polys. Then I create a new object file and paste the object on a layer. Then inside this New object I delete the Morph maps that came with the pasted object. The weird thing is that the Morph maps get deleted from the original object file as well. How is this possible?

- Builtdown

RebelHill
08-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Because you've still got the ooriginal object file open in modeller as well. modellers vmaps are seen across all open objects if the names of those maps are the same in different objects, so deleting the vmap deletes it on all open objects which have that map name.

Builtdown
08-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks! That clarifies a lot!

- B

Nangleator
08-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Morphs are always morph'd from the base mesh, not each other.
That's not right, exactly. If you set up morphs as different layers, not in a single mesh, you can do it. There's a button for "Multi morph, single envelope" that you set up by setting each mesh to morph to the next one. A bit more clumsy, but it saves some confusion and keeps you from accidentally screwing up your base.