PDA

View Full Version : If epic failure is true..... facepalm!

TripD
07-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi...

came across a Dilemma with an otherwise straightforward lscript.

The script will create the spiral, just as hoped, but I can't figure out how to increase the point density as the curve moves out from the center.

Gahhhhhhhh! :cursin:

Any pointers would be soooo welcome!

Myagi
07-19-2010, 10:21 AM
There seems to be some fundamental flaws with the script, like for example it having a param to specify how many radians to spiral, yet the angle calc functions use cos(m)/sin(m) which are functions of current step number, so the spiral count depends on number of steps and not the specified radians.

I'm a bit tired at the moment for any sane trig calcs, but I'm attaching a quick hack that uses a different approach. It tries to keep points apart at a (very) roughly fixed dist instead, looping until the target spiral angle is exceeded.

(disclaimer: ugly code and various debug/test stuff commented out but left in the source)

TripD
07-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow! Thanks a ton Myagi. :thumbsup: Yah.... my coding skills are nil. I only begrudgingly attempted to use lscript. For some reason when I used the parametric object tool, x and y were fine, but the z output was out of whack. I attempted kluges to fix it there, but had no luck at all.

lol... excuse the input descriptions. I made early assumptions because I was in a hurry and only wanted the output, not the script. :hey:

here is what came of it.