PDA

View Full Version : MorphMixing <<Multiple>> Layers NEWBY

rdolishny
07-18-2010, 12:23 PM
I created a character with three layers: head, teeth, and tongue. I did all my morph shapes in modeler and can toggle among the shapes and it looks perfect.

When I bring the model into Layout and use the Morph Mixer on the head layer, the teeth and tongue don't morph.

Is there a way to force layer 2 and 3 (teeth and tongue) to match whatever Morph Mixing I'm doing in layer 1 (head)?

nickdigital
07-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Why not put the head/teeth/tongue into one layer?

You could tie the individual layers morph mixers together via expressions but expressions are sometimes slow in Layout.

Or you could finish the animation on your first layer and copy/paste the fx to the other layers. From there if you need to edit the first layer you can save our your morph mixer file.

But putting everything in one layer would be easiest.

Sensei
07-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Did you make relative or absolute morph?

I don't know whether it was fixed, but older Layouts were working with only relative morphs.

BigHache
08-02-2010, 02:11 PM
What nickdigital said sounds best.

When you apply the Morph Mixer on the head layer, the additional layers don't morph because they're kinda like separate objects in Layout. You would need to apply Morph Mixer on each of those layers, but even then the morphs shouldn't be tied together. If you have everything on one layer you can use group naming to segment the different morphs, like Mouth.open, Mouth.closed, etc. Should be a better approach.