PDA

View Full Version : Can I 'bake' Motion Designer moves?

fiveshorts
09-16-2003, 10:50 AM
Hi,
I've just hauled my brain through the MD quagmire and got some pretty satisfying results (just doing curtains). I've had a few crashes along the way and now I've got something I like, I'm nervous about relying on MD to replicate its performance on subsequent relaunches of this scene/object combination... so I want to 'bake' my curtain moves and sacrifice future editability of MD surface and MD environment etc.

Is this possible?

Very grateful for some help here.

fiveshorts
09-16-2003, 12:01 PM
...the reason I'm having trouble is as follows:

I've created one curtain that pulls left to reveal... another curtain. I've animated the first curtain and its exactly how I want it.
When I add the second curtain, all hell breaks loose as they interact in MD (friction/attraction/bind force?... I don't know).
I'd like to just set the first curtain in stone, so to speak, then animate the second one with MD and set THAT in stone, and so on.

Or am I just missing something simple?

HowardM
09-16-2003, 02:00 PM
Read up on MDD files and how you can save them, reload them, MD_Plug etc...

fiveshorts
09-16-2003, 03:49 PM
...actually I searched for over three hours last night. I followed every link; worked through every tutorial -- even the old, old outdated ones -- and I couldn't find any coherent explanation of how to do this.
I found a good deal on setting up; a lot of tips and gotchas; but nothing of note on MDD 'fixing', MD_plug etc.

I'm freelancing at a facility that doesn't have a manual. I've scoured 'Inside Lightwave', 'Applied Lightwave', 'Lightwave Primer' and everything else I could find.

Sorry to be a burden...

HowardM
09-16-2003, 09:37 PM
uhhhh huh, no manual eh?
so how are you gonna prove youre legit now?

fiveshorts
09-17-2003, 01:36 AM
Legit? What does legit mean? I'm just looking for a simple answer to a simple, politely-posed question?

Am I a Lightwave owner? Is that what you mean? No, I'm not. Do I have to be to be part of this LW 'community'? As a freelancer, I work with what my clients have. Most of the time AE; sometimes C4D; and sometimes (at this one client) LW.

Is that what you meant?

Or is it just that you don't know the answer to my question? Ho. Ho.

jb_gfx
09-17-2003, 02:03 AM
You can get the PDF and/or HTML versions of the user manual here:

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/downloads/index.html

Everything you want to know about saving a Motion Designer motion is explained.

Good luck for your job

fiveshorts
09-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Hey, thanks man.
Simple question: simple answer.

Appreciated.