PDA

View Full Version : Cable adapter for the TCXD-850

tedkazm
07-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Tally-Lights, LLC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 15, 2010

Troy, MI--- Tally-Lights, LLC is introducing its Tally Light Adapter Cable for the Newtek Tricaster TCXD-850. This Tally Light Adapter Cable converts the DB-15HD tally port on the back of the TCXD-850 to a 3.5mm stero plug output. It allows the Tally Lights from a Tricaster Studio or Broadcast to work on the TCXD-850 system. This adapter also allows a Standard Tally Light from Tally-Lights LLC to be a direct plug-in to the adapter. Cable comes with 8 Tally outputs.

Visit www.tally-lights.com

ted
07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice solution! When I saw the connector on the XD850 I thought oh crap. Now I can say right on! :D
Thanks.

Brandon Rohde
05-18-2011, 06:35 PM
If I would run the pair of cables for each 3.5mm jack through a paid on a CAT5 cable and then convert it back to 3.5mm on the other end of the cat5 cable, do you have any idea what kind of range I could get on the light?

tedkazm
05-19-2011, 05:19 AM
You inquired

If I would run the pair of cables for each 3.5mm jack through a paid on a CAT5 cable and then convert it back to 3.5mm on the other end of the cat5 cable, do you have any idea what kind of range I could get on the light?

Our tally lights are able to go 350ft. Could go more distance but I havn't tried.

If your looking at a long distance, Look at a Telecast Fiber System Inc model 5142.

http://www.telecast-fiber.com/5142-digital-video-audio/

There are other fiber converters available out there from other companies also, you just have to search for them.

tedkazm