View Full Version : Flip triangle's common edge command?

Greg Lloyd 5
07-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Hey all,

I used a command to flip a tripled 4 point poly's common edge a few years ago. Not sure if it still exists, but now I need to use it. Anyone know what the command is?

I attached a picture of the two triangles and the common edge. The image behind it is the way the common edge is supposed to go. I would do it manually, but I have about a hundred to do, so I would like to remember that command... anyone know what I am talking about?


07-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Sounds like you're trying to spin tris.


Greg Lloyd 5
07-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks Nickdigital,

There used to be a command in LW 8, but since I updated to 9.6, I don't know where it is anymore. Maybe they got rid of it? Anyways, that dxs_SpinEdge.p looks like it is very useful. Do you know if it will work with 9.6?


07-14-2010, 04:12 PM
No idea...my guess would be yes? :)

You could try doing a search under your Edit Menu Layout for the plug-in you used to use. Trouble with the search function is that unless you know what you're looking for it probably won't come up.

07-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Can't you just select all the edges, then do a Edge->Spin Edge command? (not at home, so I can't remember what screen it's on; maybe detail?)

Greg Lloyd 5
07-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks IgnusFast!

That was the command I was looking for. :D
Thanks again.


07-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah I'm not sure why spinquad is still a command, when spin edge is superior and allows for spinning in triangles and n-gons where as, of course, spin quad is limited to quads.

Greg Lloyd 5
07-16-2010, 01:08 PM
If it still works, I say keep all commands active. AutoCAD still has most all of the commands from previous versions in the latest version, but you just have to know the command and type it in. Most older commands are no longer in the menus, of course, but they are still active. It would be nice if LW had a command line like that. Not that I'm complaining, LW is very nice the way it is...