PDA

View Full Version : Arabic Fonts

bob anderson
07-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Interestingly... I had a client in this afternoon looking at a TCXD who needs to use arabic fonts. The CG templates handled this without issue, but SpeedEdit TC didn't. I'd have figured it would be easier for SE to do this. Anyone have a hint on getting SE to recognize different KeyMaps, and language fonts?

Bob Anderson

shrox
07-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Arabic is generally written right to left, could that be the problem?

bob anderson
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Well.. Here's what they did during the demo... they added the Arabic key map, and language setting. He started notepad, and typed: It worked.. We restarted TriCaster, and went to the title templates, clicked on a lower 3rd, he type holding alt and shift ( which changes your current language to the alt language), and it just works. The text showed up with no problem in the template CG.

We then went directly into SpeedEdit, without changing anything, and it didn't work. I guess they had some line of code in the CG that accepts alt languages, and this was left out in SpeedEdit.

Bob

SBowie
07-14-2010, 06:56 AM
We then went directly into SpeedEdit, without changing anything, and it didn't work.I'm guessing here, but imagine that CG Post (in SE2) is not quite up to date with LT2. Although there is a common base for the various CG products, they aren't all updated at the same time - so a feature or fix in one may not be in another at a given moment. I'd submit this as an SE feature request.

tomyhomy
10-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem with our BROADCAST model.
Righting Farsi (Persian) which is like Arabic a RTL language is not possible in SpeedEdit.

As this Thread is from 2010 I wanted to know if there is any update regarding this issue.

Thanks