PDA

View Full Version : MAXWELL Render - 50% off (until 19th July)

archijam
07-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Full details here:

http://www.maxwellrender.com/news/world_cup_promo.php

SALE ENDS 18th July!

Apparently Spain won the World Cup?

Menos samba, y mas trabajar! :D

BlueApple
07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
This looks very tempting. I'm looking at Maxwell's Lightwave plugin manual right now, and about to sign up for a 30-day demo download.

If there are any LW9.6 users on a Mac that want to testify to how easy/fun/awesome this combination is, I'm all ears. Let's hear your sales pitch.

archijam
07-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Ask Markus (3dworks).

rkpdesign
07-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Okay, does anyone have any ideas of comparison b/w Kray and Maxwell Render or even opinions. This seems like a great offer on the surface.

Iain
07-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Maxwell is a great tool for photorealistic rendering. Thats what it does. You don't have to set anything up as the defaults are 'physically correct'. It is a completely different beast to Kray or VRay and can't be compared to these renderers. The ideal solution is to own both (if you can afford it, of course!)

I've owned a copy of Maxwell for a few years and even though I've rarely used it in commercial projects, I'd highly recommend it. It works really well with LW, even using unaltered materials, although plugging in existing Maxwell materials (or creating your own) is dead easy.

In any review of Maxwell or Fry, you always hear how slow it is. It is very slow used in architectural interiors but it's doing an awful lot of thinking in those situations and the results can be spectactular.

When used for still lifes or exteriors it's actually surprisingly fast.

archijam
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Nice iain :)

I left your name out because you're not a mac ..

I'm wondering if the offer extends to edu pricing. Then I'm interested..

speismonqui
07-13-2010, 11:55 AM
saw this a few months ago

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107045

BlueApple
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
I've owned a copy of Maxwell for a few years and even though I've rarely used it in commercial projects, I'd highly recommend it.

Why not use it more often commercially? Is LightWave's native render usually sufficient for what you do, or is there another reason?

Iain
07-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Why not use it more often commercially? Is LightWave's native render usually sufficient for what you do, or is there another reason?

Timescale.
I can't justify the time that test renders and, ultimately, hi res finals take in Maxwell unless the client is prepared to pay for it and usually, they aren't. LW, Kray and Fprime, like all engines, can produce amazing results if you know how to manipulate them and they do it in a fraction of the time.
It's just not the same output but then, to laymen it probably is.

I know people who have clients savvy enough to appreciate what they get with this time delay but they're few and far between.

3dworks
07-13-2010, 05:57 PM
This looks very tempting. I'm looking at Maxwell's Lightwave plugin manual right now, and about to sign up for a 30-day demo download.

If there are any LW9.6 users on a Mac that want to testify to how easy/fun/awesome this combination is, I'm all ears. Let's hear your sales pitch.

no special issues on mac, it even runs stable in 64 bit mode under 9.6.1 or HC, so it's great to use for very complex scenes. the LW plugin also features a straightforward support for maxwell instancing, like you might have seen with HD instance, you actually have a simple opengl preview of instances in the layout viewport... as a tester maybe i'm biased (!) but i can only recommend it! :D

cheers

markus