PDA

View Full Version : Friends, be careful on the road, another loss...

shrox
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
My former brother-in-law was killed Saturday while trying to pass another car on a highway in Utah. Two other people were killed when the cars hit head on. He had recently started to sort out his life, and was on a good path for his future.

Be careful, think about others, and be safe.

crashnburn
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Sorry to hear that, puts my situation into perspective. Thoughts for his family.

zardoz
07-12-2010, 04:16 PM
it's always sad when someone dies like this. my condolences.

Intuition
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
:( Sorry to hear Shrox. Reminds us to look at life and assess what we have right here and now.

3D Kiwi
07-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I feel for you. I know what it is like to loose people close to you. But to be the bad guy here it sounds like the other two peoples familys need the sympathy more.

Silkrooster
07-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Dude thats bad form. All people involved are in need.

Shrox,
Man I feel for you, I know exactly what you and your family are going though. My thoughts and prayers are with you. My condolences...

cgisoul
07-13-2010, 12:15 AM
My sincere condolences. Sorry to hear that m8.

Salv8or
07-13-2010, 01:33 AM
So sorry for your loss. Such a tradgedy to loose a close one.

*Pete*
07-13-2010, 01:53 AM
loss of life is always sad, and its even more sad when the loss of life could have been avoided...reading about the death of those 3 people put me into a low mood....

It could happen to all of us, even if we or our loved ones do everything right when driving, all it takes is that one in a million will do something reckless.

I do not want to blame anyone of those who died...it happened, and these things happen often.....but i cant help by being annoyed over the fact that it could have been avoided.

Learn from this, friends....and drive by the rules even if it means you get home half an hour later, take no chances.

zarti
07-13-2010, 02:40 AM
really really sad ... condolences from me too ...

Dodgy
07-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Condolences Shrox. Bizarrely my car got hit tonight as I was going through an intersection by a woman who ran a red light. Definitely a case of 'there but for the grace of God'... My best wishes for you and your family.

Matt
07-13-2010, 04:07 AM
Things like this do put things into perspective, we often don't think about our own mortality, life is precious, use it for good.

Please pass my condolences to your family Shrox.

OlaHaldor
07-13-2010, 05:37 AM
I occasionally work as a freelance photographer for the news, both video and stills. And it's mostly covering fires, car or airplane accidents in the area, cause, frankly, there isn't much else going on.

It's never a good feeling to be around such things, and my thoughts goes to all involved. Seeing such things makes me feel small and wish I could help, somehow.

Kuzey
07-13-2010, 05:42 AM
It's always sad when these things happen...my condolences to all involved families.

Kuzey

Elmar Moelzer
07-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Driving cars is among the most dangerous things we do every day and yet most people dont waste a second thought on it. I am sorry for your loss.
My sincerest condolences.

JBT27
07-13-2010, 09:00 AM
My condolences also.

Elmar raises a nasty modern truth that many would probably never take on board, and summed up nicely by an AA (Automobile Association) inspector I contacted years ago when I spoke to him about the fact that for some reason, I found I was a jabbering mess when driving ..... he said the truth is, most people should not be driving, but very few will ever recognise that fact.

A great sadness, and again I am sorry for your ex brother-in-law, and all involved in this.

Julian.

shrox
07-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I hadn't seen him in several years, he had messed up pretty bad, but was straightening out his life.

I posted this and this picture more as a reminder about the 2-3 ton slabs of metal we drive and what they can do. You can't even identify what the red vehicle was. We think it was his.

oliversimonnet
07-13-2010, 10:50 AM
aww im so sorry man for your loss pal :)

ZE_COLMEIA
07-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Sorry mate, My condolences for you and family.

Shnoze Shmon
07-16-2010, 07:29 AM
My condolences shrox. A loss of someone close is hard no matter how it happens.

I was in a headon collision myself back in 2002. I'm a large vehicle advocate now. A lot of people are killed and maimed needlessly every year because they've been maneuvered into thinking a small car is a good idea.

prometheus
07-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear shrox, the hard life can hit us in so many ways,car accidents,trains or cancer and heart failure..reaching the age of 80-90
isnīt a gift life provides to that many people.

I donīt have a car or drivers license even at my age at soon 45 years old.
I have simply just loathed the fact of them spewing out their pollution, and
I have always been afraid of how other people canīt seem to drive carefully
and also afraid of that my own concentration would failure on the roads.

Yeah sometimes I can think of me sitting in a nice car, driving on a long winding road with majestic landscapes flashing by, thatīs a freedoom feeling
I miss thou.
Thatīs a choice I have made thou, the risks on the highway isnīt worth it for me.

I have always managed to use the buses or trains to get to work or somewhere else.

However at my current job, I live close to our company sales guy, so he
kindly picks me up every morning for a lift to the job, and a month ago.
another driver on the opposite direction was loosing itīs track and the car
was heading off over to the other side of the lane and it was just seconds away from
a frontal collision, our sales guy managed to stear the car to the side very quickly. but if he would have lost concentration for a couple of seconds the outcome could have been very bad, we were a little shocked that morning.

Loss of concentration, bad driving skills, alcohol,stress, mobil phones, and
I believe that people simply are so tired that many many almost falls to sleep while driving, wich is a cause of accident that are hard to establish.

Heck..my parents had an accident in the 60īs right before I was born, and where the car volted and was all messed up.
they got away with some cuts, broken bones and bruises, but it could
have ended there, before it even started for me.

I actually have a picture of how the car looked like after the crash.

Michael

sandman300
07-17-2010, 08:00 AM
I was in an accident not even 3 weeks ago, trying to pass someone on a highway. 4 cars were involved, I got hit twice. My car was totaled but fortunately no one was hurt.

shrox
07-17-2010, 02:02 PM
I do drive somewhat fast. but I look around even faster. Someone even said I am going to give myself whiplash because I am always turning my head to see what is around me.

Something that amazes me is how people will run over a piece of debris in the road. How do they not see it? I saw a car actually hit a roll of carpet that was for whatever reason lying out in the street on a open and clear road. He ended up high-centered on it!