PDA

View Full Version : Predators movie disappointment

cgisoul
07-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I just came back from the cinema and I'm really disppointed with the movie overall. At least the last half an hour the story was different from the original movie made in 1987.
What do you think?

KurtF
07-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I liked it. But it was a retread, with a new fangled excuse to have some military types being hunted through the jungle.

Elmar Moelzer
07-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I did not even bother reading up on it. It is symptomatic for the entertainment industry today, remakes and sequels wherever you look. Statistics and marketing departments are what makes our entertainment today. The result is crap.

BigHache
07-11-2010, 12:06 AM
I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it for what it was: an excuse to see the Predator alien on screen that's not AVP and see some stuff blow up. Was it the most OMG fantastical movie evar? No. Would I see it again or even buy the DVD? No.

cresshead
07-11-2010, 03:22 AM
doesn't bode well for the other sequel/prequel of Alien huh...
and i hope TRON is not going this way either...

biliousfrog
07-11-2010, 03:30 AM
ok, I'm a bit confused...so is this a remake or just another predator movie? I heard of a remake a few years back but the trailer looks like it's just a new predator movie rather than a rehash

cgisoul
07-11-2010, 04:45 AM
The way i saw it, the first 2/3 of the movie was mostly a remake of the original movie, with a different ending. There wasn't any originality and some scenes were the same as the first one, like tge yakuza standing behind to fight with one of the predators. I didn't particularly like the alien dogs, their size was more of a puppy and didn't really show they could put up a good fight.