PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush 4 for Windows And MacOSX

Infinite
07-09-2010, 02:54 AM
While this is really great news, there seems to be something missing from below..

ZBrush 4
Windows and Mac
LAUNCH DATE 8-9-10
Monday August 9 ,2010

Also included:
Updated versions of all major plugins, and GoZBrush support
for Modo, ,Cinema 4D, 3DSMax and Maya for Windows and Mac systems.

More information about ZBrush 4.0 and its features will be presented closer to launch date.

cresshead
07-09-2010, 03:20 AM
cool , i love free upgrades!

bought zb2 and everything since from then has been a freeby!

amazing company

littlewaves
07-09-2010, 03:27 AM
it's a shame but you can understand them not putting time and money into an updated plugin for 9.6. They'll probably take another look once core (or "lw with core tech" or whatever it's called) goes gold.

on another note I'd be willing to bet money that the Mac version of Zbrush 4 isn't out the same day as Windows version. (just a hunch based on past events!)

akademus
07-09-2010, 04:29 AM
Yes, I wonder why LW is not in goZ. LWO is quite simple and straightforward format...

cresshead
07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Yes, I wonder why LW is not in goZ. LWO is quite simple and straightforward format...

probably as core was marketed as the replacement app for lightwave and was due to ship a while back, things changed and lightwave is now also being further developed as core is still being worked on.

Infinite
07-09-2010, 09:51 AM
probably as core was marketed as the replacement app for lightwave and was due to ship a while back, things changed and lightwave is now also being further developed as core is still being worked on.

and this is the reason why I was surprised not to see Lightwave (version what ever it will be called) on the list...

I thought I heard someone mention Newtek were working with Pixologic on this? if not...why not?

akademus
07-09-2010, 10:40 AM
and this is the reason why I was surprised not to see Lightwave (version what ever it will be called) on the list...

I thought I heard someone mention Newtek were working with Pixologic on this? if not...why not?

I truly hope they are. It'll make my life much easier....

Infinite
07-09-2010, 10:53 AM
cool , i love free upgrades!

bought zb2 and everything since from then has been a freeby!

amazing company

There's no doubt about that. But then again I would be happy to pay for each upgrade no bother, as long as they would listen to their user base and address some of the basic things in it that could do with upgrading or fixing. Instead of random new innovations.

ZBrush is hands down one of the best applications out there and it would be sweet to see it integrated into Core and Lightwave xXxx.

hrgiger
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Wouldn't be too concerned about it. They said they would be adding more applications for GoZ in the near future.