PDA

View Full Version : Load from Scene

claudians
07-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't know if anyone else has already posted this. If so, I apologize for the redundancy. I have been trying to load an animated character from a scene, and each time I load it, no matter what scene, I get a critical error with the [only] option to close the program. I don't know where to send error reports when I get them, so I just discard them. Is this a bug? Will it be fixed? The object I am importing into the scene has 3 layers, but I am only bringing in one.
Thanks for any help/response.

nickdigital
07-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Are you trying to load everything or just the character that you need?

I would strip out any unnecessary plug-ins that you don't need. Check your Master Plug-ins List.

You could also make a temp version of the scene you're trying to load and replace the unwanted characters with nulls. Maybe your scene is just really heavy and LW is deciding to choke for some lame reason.

The other workaround would be to bake out the deformations of the character that you want. This way all you have to do is load the object into your scene and apply the mdd file. No need to load in the bones, rig, etc.

claudians
07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Thank you for replying, Nick.

As far as the size of the file, I have minimized the amount of geometry that is necessary in the file. It's not nearly as complex as other files I have opened, but I haven't started loading from scene until recently. I am just loading one layer of one character because all I want is for her feet to step out of the scene, so it's just as well that I simply load the character, rather than load from scene. I hate to do this and leave the issue unresolved, but mainly I wanted to make sure the Newtek guys knew about it. If it's a bug, it needs to be fixed.

nickdigital
07-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Be sure to submit a bug report to Newtek.

evolross
11-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I've gotten a similar crash before trying to load a rigged, animated character using "Load Items From Scene". I've found that "Load Items From Scene" is a little touchy and crashes when doing big pulls from other scenes. It was a while ago, when it happens again, I'll try to isolate and send in a bug report.