PDA

View Full Version : Help Tricaster wont restart program

broll
07-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Problem not resolved by Newtek, tricaster wont reboot up, had to restart it about 2 months ago. Has been working right along but occasionally it was saying register your unit.. It has been registered along time ago, need unit for tomorrow please help Tricaster Pro

bob anderson
07-08-2010, 06:39 PM
You say TriCaster won't re-boot... If you could give a bit more info, I can try to help. Does it not power on at all? does it power up to a gray screen? does it go to the TriCaster logo and hang there?

Please explain a bit more, as each of these symptoms has different cures.

Bob Anderson

SBowie
07-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Problem not resolved by Newtek, tricaster wont reboot up, had to restart it about 2 months ago. Has been working right along but occasionally it was saying register your unit.. It has been registered along time ago, need unit for tomorrow please help Tricaster ProI wonder if some of the terms in your cry for help are confusing the issue.

First, if by "Problem not resolved by Newtek" you mean NewTek Tech Support has been unable to resolve the problem, I have to suspect a communication problem. Generally, they would either be able to assist on the phone, or give you an RMA.

Second, saying "had to restart it about 2 months ago" seems to contradict "tricaster wont reboot up". If it won't boot, you wouldn't be able to 'restart it'. I wonder if you meant to write "had to RESTORE it about 2 months ago". If so, I further wonder whether you performed a Windows restore operation, or a "TriCaster Restore".

Performing a "Windows restore" could certainly make things interesting. Otherwise, following a TriCaster restoration, you could run into both Windows re-activation requests and TriCaster registration reminders. In either case, you would need to take the appropriate action if you performed a Restore operation.

bob anderson
07-09-2010, 09:49 AM
As I said..I need more info ...could lead to a paragraph... unplug this, try this etc.
He said " it dosn't reboot. so i asked for .. you know .. at least a tiny bit more info.. I need a bit to go on

Bobo