PDA

View Full Version : Error: All Objects Dumped from Scene

BlueApple
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM
While working in a scene my partner lost all of the objects in his scene due to an error in Layout (can't recall the exact text.) What happens now is that when we try to load the scene no objects load. All we see is a light and a camera and a bunch of Motion Mixer errors.

Any thoughts on what caused this or how to fix it?

Running LightWave 9.3.1 under Windows XP Professional.

nickdigital
07-08-2010, 09:12 PM
You could try loading up the lws file in notepad and try to see what's going on. But I think your friend might be hosed.

As for the cause I don't have one. I've had scenes that crashed during the save process and seen my scene file get eaten half way.

If your friend was using the hub he might have a backed up version.

BlueApple
07-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks for your response, nickdigital.

I had been in Notepad++ and it looked like the file just didn't save fully. The .lws stopped in the middle of a Motion Mixer Motion definition. I tried to frankenstein and earlier version of the scene to the bottom of the .lws and now I can get the whole scene to load, but I get a bunch of motion load errors.

So now I've got a scene with all of my objects, and all of my MM Actors and Motions, however the motions are not assigned to the right objects. For example, my 20 Actors named Box01 - Box20 used to contain object layers Box01 - Box20 respectively in their Actor Maps. Now however when I go to Edit Actor Map for MM Actor Box01 I see that object layer MooseTongue from a completely different .lwo is assigned.

Any idea how to reassign these actors and motions to their original objects?

BlueApple
07-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Below is the error I get when loading the scene:

Motion Load
Unable to find myObject:myObjectLayer01 in the current Actor

Of course, myObject:myObjectLayer01 does load in the scene, however it is not assigned to the Actor I'd like it to be.

nickdigital
07-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Eeesh, sounds like LW burped on you.

I don't use Motion Mixer so I'm gonna be useless to you. Sorry.

BlueApple
07-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I appreciate your responses, nonetheless.

We were able to copy the Motion Mixer data from the body of the corrupted .lws and paste it into an earlier non-corrupted .lws. We seem to have recovered most of our stuff.