PDA

View Full Version : UV texture not showing in render

redlum
07-08-2010, 09:29 AM
I have created a scene that is pretty basic with one exception, one object is textured with a UV map. The problem is the object, which is a flat plane, only renders as a gray color. The image is not showing up. The image is there in Layout but not when it renders. It's been a while since I've used this program so what am I missing? Thanks.

BlueApple
07-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Could you post a screen shot of your surface settings for the object's surface?

redlum
07-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Sorry about that. I forgot to attach it.

http://homepage.mac.com/dmazanec/newtek/UVsettings.png

BlueApple
07-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Which flat plane in your scene renders gray? Is the plane using the man2 surface?

redlum
07-08-2010, 10:58 AM
yes. It is the shape of the man that is rendering gray. it is a flat plane in the shape of the image. This is just a quick set up for still shots. It was easier than setting up bones and rigging but the UV map won't render. Any suggestions?

http://homepage.mac.com/dmazanec/newtek/UVproblem.png

Dexter2999
07-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Looks like it is using the color information from the channel instead of the tga image. It is however using the alpha from the image.

Odd.

Then again I never try to use the alpha for transparency in the color channel. I'm old school, I use a black and white alpha matt in the transparency channel and just a color image in the color channel.

Good Luck

nickdigital
07-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Do you have polys that are sitting on top of each other? Where the untextured polys are sitting over the textured ones just slightly.

MUCUS
07-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Maybe converting the .tga to a .jpg would solve this issue?

BlueApple
07-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I think Dexter is right.
Open surface editor. Press T for texture. Click on edit image below thumbnail of image. Under Alpha Channel drop down select Disable. You've likely got a fully black alpha channel in there. The other option is to open the .tga and save it as a 24 bit image- this will kill the alpha and make the image's file size smaller.

redlum
07-08-2010, 12:26 PM
That did it. I disabled Alpha like you suggested and now it works. Thank you so much. This was such a puzzle for me. I wonder if I had used jpgs in the past and not realized it would make such a difference this time to use a tga. Never the less, thank you all for the help.