PDA

View Full Version : Update/MP3 Issue

SpellCasters
07-07-2010, 06:56 PM
MP3 music scores were reading fine from onboard SpeedEdit on my Tricaster Pro... Then I put in the latest update... Now everytime I try to access an MP3 music track from the Media Bin, it freezes the entire system, except the mouse, and I have to reboot. Everthing worked fine prior to the update. I searched the forum, but found no fix. How can I resolve this issue?

SBowie
07-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Is it failing with MP3's you are sure you worked with previously? Or could it be that those that previously worked still play and one or more new ones fail?

bob anderson
07-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I've got all the latest patches in both SE1 and 2, and Mp3's play fine in both here. I suspect Steve was on track with his question.

Bob Anderson

csandy
07-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Bob,

He's using a TriCaster PRO, not a TCXD system, so I suspect he's referring to the built-in editor. I also suspect the updates referred to are TriCaster PRO updates and not SpeedEdit standalone updates.

Hopefully the thread starter will clarify.

bob anderson
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Oops.. I didn't mention, I have Pro's, Studios, Broadcasts, and the new HD ones.. all of which are the latest and greatest software revs... and same answer... I have played MP3's on all of them without issues, even "roll your own" MP3's from Pro Tools, Wave Lab...etc.

I'd suspect there's something up with the MP3.

Spell Caster: Can you post a non working short MP3? I'll bet I can figure it out with my myriad of audio programs.

Bob Anderson

Zane Condren
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
I would suggest deleting the NewTek Info folders and letting the new version rebuild them.

SpellCasters
07-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Was going through the control panel checking codecs (where I think the source of the hang originates, as the system acts like it's caught in a loop either trying to find, or unable to load a codec when MP3 is selected) and get a "Could not load VT Video Device Driver" error from the Legacy Audio Driver Properties. Suspect this has something to do with it. MP3 audio files play fine outside the Tricaster environment, iow, in regular Windows on the Admin screen, in Media Player, Real Player, Nero Player, Cool Edit, Sound Forge, or any other audio prog I run from the Windows environment.

SpellCasters
07-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Zane is on the right track as I deleted the info folders as suggested and re-ran the update. System no longer freezes when selecting an MP3 file, yet still won't drop MP3 file into timeline or preview it, although I can get full mouse functionality to select other files or change folders, etc. Re-install did not rebuild the MP3 info folders,though it did rebuild the rest of the audio folders, had to move the MP3sto temp folder, then back to get it to rebuild the info file.

SBowie
07-09-2010, 07:41 AM
System no longer freezes when selecting an MP3 file, yet still won't drop MP3 file into timeline or preview itThe reason I asked whether this was happening with MP3's that worked before is because there are known to be different variants of MP3, and some of them simply won't play in TriCaster. When you run into this, the simplest workaround is to convert the file to a .wav. There are numerous free conversion utilities.

SpellCasters
07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
The reason I asked whether this was happening with MP3's that worked before is because there are known to be different variants of MP3, and some of them simply won't play in TriCaster. When you run into this, the simplest workaround is to convert the file to a .wav. There are numerous free conversion utilities.

All these MP3's worked fine before, and although I can convert them to .wav files, which is fine for in-house post, I don't want to get out on a job in front of a client and have to deal with conversion delays to make things function.

SBowie
07-09-2010, 09:56 AM
All these MP3's worked fine before, and although I can convert them to .wav files, which is fine for in-house post, I don't want to get out on a job in front of a client and have to deal with conversion delays to make things function.Understood - but you can see why I asked. If you have a sample you can share that definitely worked before and fails now, feel free to PM with details and to make arrangements for testing.

SBowie
07-12-2010, 10:07 AM
(Just a heads-up to those sitting on their edge of their seats waiting for the outcome of this one - we've tested a sample MP3, and at the moment it's looking like this may be a local installation issue ... more news in due course).