PDA

View Full Version : Animation with IK boosters

ivshinclub
07-06-2010, 11:33 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4134/4770580122_e2a62a621c.jpg
Should animate the manipulator in Figure 1 using the IK Boosters. That motion should be linear, as in Figure 2. The guide describes the tools Apple Keys, but it does not work. If someone knows how to use the tool Apply Keys (IKB) please tell me.

ericsmith
07-07-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "Apple Keys", but what you're illustrating is one of the fundimental problems with IKB. It only calculates IK while posing, but the keyframes are applied to each bone in the chain as FK. So interpolation between keyframes will be rotational.

Of course if FK rotation is what you want, then this can be more of an asset than a liability. But if you in fact want the end of a chain to persistantly follow the motion of a goal, IKB will not do that between keyframes.

Eric

ivshinclub
07-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Apply Keys, sorry.

ericsmith
07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Ah, okay.

Apply keys is intended to work to smooth out a series of keyframes (usually on every frame) when one keyframe is not in line with the rest. For example, if you have some mocap data, and on one frame you moved the arm away from the body, when played back, the arm would follow it's normal course and then jump out and back very quickly. Apply keys will smooth out the transition so that the adjustment you made to the one keyframe will blend into the range of keyframes you specify.

So it won't do anything to deal with how motion is interpolated between keyframes.

Eric

ivshinclub
07-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Owesome! Now I get it. Just bad that my goal is not to apply the animation happens. I'll have to manually a path of IKB edit. Like in 3DsMax no such problem. But there is no desire to study it.

abdelkarim
07-07-2010, 10:24 AM
or but apple key with mac ? on keyboard when u used mac system and pc they have windows key too easy . or you mean apply keys.

plz can anyone help me with riging character with add 5 null . toe , and toptip ex.. plz

i need help for character animation and riging. and how can i used ik for animate my character correctly . thnx 4 help.

thnx