PDA

View Full Version : Babylon 5 online

dwburman
07-03-2010, 12:02 PM
The TV series that, using Lightwave, brought 3D cg to episodic TV can now be seen online (in the USA).

You can catch Seasons 1-5 for free with commercials on Hulu.com via the WB website, though it looks like season 4's finale is truncated.

http://www.thewb.com/shows/babylon-5

If you subscribe to Netflix, you can watch Seasons 1-5 (1994 - 1998)+ B5: the Lost Tales (2007) on their instant watch service.

Babylon 5: The Gathering (1993) is the pilot episode/movie and is listed as season 1, episode 0 on Hulu/WB, but isn't on Netflix's Instant watch.

Up until recently, you could only watch season's 1&2 on Hulu, and only on DVD from Netflix.

JeffrySG
07-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Thanks Dana! I didn't know it was on Netflix instant watch yet! :)

Markc
07-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Love B5, got all the Dvd's (I should watch them again sometime) :)

dwburman
07-04-2010, 02:45 PM
yeah, they just showed up a few days ago. I had the DVDs in my queue so they showed up in instant watch when they became available. I haven't seen the whole series yet.

Thanks Dana! I didn't know it was on Netflix instant watch yet! :)

JeffrySG
07-04-2010, 05:07 PM
yeah, they just showed up a few days ago. I had the DVDs in my queue so they showed up in instant watch when they became available. I haven't seen the whole series yet.

If you haven't seen it yet, I really recommend "When we left earth: The NASA missions". It's available in HD on instant watch. It was very good with some amazing footage. Unfortunately only the first 6 eps. are available on the instant watch.

mattclary
07-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I started watching "The Gathering" a few weeks ago and have to gird my loins to actually finish it. I really hope the series gets better, the acting seemed pretty horrific.

dwburman
07-05-2010, 05:07 PM
If you haven't seen it yet, I really recommend "When we left earth: The NASA missions". It's available in HD on instant watch. It was very good with some amazing footage. Unfortunately only the first 6 eps. are available on the instant watch.

Thanks, I did watch "When we left earth: The NASA missions" and thought it was pretty good. There were a few things I felt were missing, but the footage quality was outstanding. I looked at the descriptions of the offline episodes and it looks like they are all old NASA documentaries. Documentaries that I already have on DVD, though the quality isn't very good.

mattclary: yeah, the acting is pretty rough at first. I think the acting does get better, but i can't say it's ever great. Then again, I'm not the best judge of acting.

The show has a nice, long story arc and touches on a lot of subjects.

cresshead
07-05-2010, 05:53 PM
B5 is a great show...the gathering is the first pilot movie as such like most pilots there were not that great..see buck rogers 25th centrury to confirm pilots arn't great as they find their feet in a production.

the show really kicks off in seasons 2-4 but you need to watch all of the seasons as unlike most other shows this is not 'monster of the week' but a 5 year arcing storyline.

JeffrySG
07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
B5 is a great show...the gathering is the first pilot movie as such like most pilots there were not that great..see buck rogers 25th centrury to confirm pilots arn't great as they find their feet in a production.

the show really kicks off in seasons 2-4 but you need to watch all of the seasons as unlike most other shows this is not 'monster of the week' but a 5 year arcing storyline.

:agree:
Yep, totally agree.... I kind of want to edit all of the episodes for all of the main ark story lines and get rid of the other stuff. I don't know how long it would be but I'd be more interested in watching the entire show again that way! Many of the single stories were not that good but the main ark story was amazing.