PDA

View Full Version : Lights Camera Action

sony
07-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Lightwave Layout has a light, a camera, and the artist provide the action. but where is the sound. should newtek include an audio program to go with light and? camera

JamesCurtis
07-02-2010, 03:38 PM
You can use an audio file [.wav] for animation purposes for an aid to syncing up a character's voice, but its only meant for that purpose and the audio is not saved out with the animation. Most animations use audio done through a video editing software as it offers more flexibility.

I personally use Vegas Pro 9 or Adobe Premiere. There is also NewTek's own Speed Edit. There are probably a few FREE options out there as well, though I'm not aware of what they might be.

Should LW directly do this? IMO its an animation and modeling program - not a video editor per say. I'm not sure if even 3D Max and Maya do it either.

prometheus
07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
it is a feature that might be worthwhile.

In my mind I could se particles generating sounds upon hitting
ground or objects or by particle birth, by having it to sync sound generation upon impact, or
creating sounds in a generic way by synthesising a waveform or sound whenparticles are swirling around, driven by velocity and other particle attributes.

Maybe a full surround modul plugin wich increases sound in terms of how close you get to that perticular object etc. (donīt know if thatīs possible right now?)
I think truespace has something like that.

Edit..Ohh I thought I saw this somewhere, soundwave is a plugin that
attaches any sound to an item with surround and 3d effects and some
other velocity,frequencies and doppler effects.
Gotta try it out thou.

http://walen.se/soundwave.html

Michael