PDA

View Full Version : Extracting a Dolby audio track for use in motion platforms.

shrox
07-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I been handed a job that no one here knows how to do, and the guy who did it before is gone, no notes or anything. I don't even know what to look for.

I am working with a home theatre motion system. The motion platform is controlled by a Dolby track, but what it's called where it's at and what to do with I have no idea, and there is not much info online.

I have the VOB file off the disk, now what?

Lamont
07-02-2010, 03:24 AM
There's a few tools to extract Dolby Audio tracks from a DVD. I used FFMpeg and some other free tool.. pulled out the AC3 track no problem.

I think the motion information is encoded in the Dolby Track. Like Magalodon said, call the company who made it, then they should at least have the tools to do the encoding.

shrox
07-02-2010, 12:55 PM
There's a few tools to extract Dolby Audio tracks from a DVD. I used FFMpeg and some other free tool.. pulled out the AC3 track no problem.

I think the motion information is encoded in the Dolby Track. Like Magalodon said, call the company who made it, then they should at least have the tools to do the encoding.

It's for D-Box, I checked their site, not allot there, but I did use their contact form with my query.

I have been able to pull off the AC3 track, and get the VOB itself to play, but when I try to combine them in Premiere Pro, I don't know what to do, what format, or file type to choose.

I feel like a newbie...

JamesCurtis
07-02-2010, 03:40 PM
It's for D-Box, I checked their site, not allot there, but I did use their contact form with my query.

I have been able to pull off the AC3 track, and get the VOB itself to play, but when I try to combine them in Premiere Pro, I don't know what to do, what format, or file type to choose.

I feel like a newbie...

If you do find out, it would be great for everyone to know as well.

Lamont
07-02-2010, 06:09 PM
From what I gather, D-Box units are controlled by a code per DVD that I guess you get from their site. Now how that's authored... I've searched quite a few enthusiast websites and it seems D-Box releases "MFX" per DVD title, or they have a CD for the PC. I haven't seen any text that leads to people authoring it outside of D-Box themselves.

The seats are controlled by a stand alone unit that syncs with your AV device or a PC. So if you have the chair, then you have the controller or the PC controller, which means there's a CD somewhere around there. If you can get the CD and give me one of the files, I can take a look at it and see what's inside.