PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Core preview videos, where are them?

speismonqui
07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Im trying to find the previous released videos of Lw Core. The main site of Core only shows the latest news (VPR). why???

Where are the videos showing Pdeform, modifier stack with Jarrod Davis, the first one about keyboard customization, etc... Are they only available to HC members?

Just a thought... would be nice if the Core site shows the proccess of development all togheter from the first one to the upcoming ones.

stevecullum
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Siggraph next month, so I suspect there will be plenty to see soon ;)

Kuzey
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
I guess, things change and those old videos might not reflect whats current and therefore not worth showing.

But you might find them on youtube.

Kuzey

Matt
07-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Personally I don't think they showed CORE in a good light, I for one am glad they were taken down.

Nicolas Jordan
07-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Siggraph next month, so I suspect there will be plenty to see soon ;)

If I had to take a guess I would say the old Lightwave will be in the spotlight at Siggraph and Core will probably take a back seat and might not even be shown at all except for maybe a small peek at it's progress maybe.

geothefaust
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
If I had to take a guess I would say the old Lightwave will be in the spotlight at Siggraph and Core will probably take a back seat and might not even be shown at all except for maybe a small peek at it's progress maybe.

That is likely the case. Rob made it clear that CORE is back seat for a while, and that LW is front and center, warts and all.

Nicolas Jordan
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Personally I don't think they showed CORE in a good light, I for one am glad they were taken down.

I think the content of the videos were a very obvious indication to many that Core was not very far along in it's development at the time they were made.

Kuzey
07-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I liked the sculpting one, but that dealt with Core to LWHC workflow and not on the tool itself.

Oooooh....I so would like to see that tool in more detail :D

Kuzey

speismonqui
07-01-2010, 01:13 PM
does it mean that the VPR will not be showing in the core site when they release a new feature?

tnx Kuzey, you might be right... no luck on youtube. Found the VPR video and the terrible first demos. I guess thats why i dont get it:help:

stevecullum
07-01-2010, 01:26 PM
That is likely the case. Rob made it clear that CORE is back seat for a while, and that LW is front and center, warts and all.

It would make sense given the new positioning. I'm looking forward to seeing what they got. Given the dodgy videos of the past, I'm hopeful that a bit more TLC has gone into the presentation.

speismonqui
07-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I liked the sculpting one, but that dealt with Core to LWHC workflow and not on the tool itself.

Oooooh....I so would like to see that tool in more detail :D

Kuzey

:agree:

hrgiger
07-01-2010, 05:45 PM

CORE has not taken a backseat, Rob and Chuck have both said it. CORE is still receiving the bulk of the development.

Nicolas Jordan
07-01-2010, 06:29 PM
CORE has not taken a backseat, Rob and Chuck have both said it. CORE is still receiving the bulk of the development.

Core likely is getting the most development effort right now but it only makes sense that additional programmers had to be put on Lightwave HC more recently.