PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modeling Challenge #88 - July 4

Nangleator
07-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Speed Modeling Challenge #88 - July 4
Rules:

1. Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling times is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
2. Post a render of your model (min 800x600 pixels) in this thread with a wireframe.
3. LightWave should be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug ins are allowed.
4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.

This week's topic: July 4

To some, this means fireworks and flags and parades and barbecues. To others, there are other holidays and birthdays. Show us your ideas, explosive or otherwise!

Time Limit - 60 minutes.

Deadline - Wednesday 7th July 2010, 2200 GMT

oliversimonnet
07-01-2010, 07:06 AM
all i know a bout the 4th of July is that its 10 days away from my birth day hehe
but i have been told its a big firework display so i did this

15 minuets modeling.

Nangleator
07-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Hah! Awesome character, Oliver!

I didn't intend the contest to be all American stuff...

Alternative ideas. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_4) Heck, there's even some Lewis Carroll stuff in there!

oliversimonnet
07-01-2010, 07:49 AM
thanks
ye i no haha, but i could not think of anything else haha :)

oliversimonnet
07-04-2010, 11:00 AM
happy 4th of July to all the to every one who lives in America :)

Iain
07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Quicky from me just 'cos I don't like missing challenges :). A few minutes on modelling............

Nangleator
07-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Heh. Lamest contest ever!

But the entries were good.

oliversimonnet, that rocket just has so much personality for something built out of simple shapes!

Iain, excellent concept and render. The modeling showed some subtle artistry, in the imperfect way such paper rolls.

I'll throw it to Iain, for making the paper with thickness. It really helped in the render.

Iain
07-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Heh. Lamest contest ever!

Even you didn't enter! :D
It happens, especially at summer/xmas holiday times etc.

I'll throw it to Iain, for making the paper with thickness. It really helped in the render.

Thanks-I deserve it for the detail on that quill alone! (ok it's a clip map.) Not as easy a subject as you would think for inspiration but I enjoyed making my scrolls.

Kuzey
07-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Haha...I was thinking of doing hotdogs....apparently, eating them is a national sport :D

Anyway, nice work Iain...I wonder what idea you'll come up with next :D

Oliversimonnet.....loved that character, nice and fun :thumbsup:

Kuzey

oliversimonnet
07-08-2010, 01:26 PM
congratulations Iain :)