PDA

View Full Version : Moderler and layout conbined

Dreamcube017
06-30-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm about 90% sure this was mentioned for LW10, but it'd be really nice if the two things were combined.

There are times when I want to do some simple lighting test, open layout and then remember... darn, I gotta go in modeler, make some objects, and THEN sync them back over here... UGH.

I wish I could just drop in some quick shapes to do some renders.

Was this set to be in 10 already?

Nicolas Jordan
06-30-2010, 01:47 PM
That's one of the main reason Core is being developed.

Dreamcube017
06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Wow... I missed that one.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to take another look at the core ... I'm sorry, CORE features of... CORE. Hm well that's good to hear.

prometheus
07-01-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm about 90% sure this was mentioned for LW10, but it'd be really nice if the two things were combined.

There are times when I want to do some simple lighting test, open layout and then remember... darn, I gotta go in modeler, make some objects, and THEN sync them back over here... UGH.

I wish I could just drop in some quick shapes to do some renders.

Was this set to be in 10 already?

simple object shapes?

well you do have that option in layout, in modeler tools add geometry, it
requires you to add a null first thou.

You also have a free primitive generator plugin from federico,(DF_Primitive Generator) and that plugin doesnīt need to add nulls, and it also has an icon panel, it creates basic shapes such as cube,sphere,disc and a plane.
Itīs located almost at the end of the page.

no need to enter modeler for simple lighting test with simple shapes.
and if youre not to lazy, you can always prepare simple objects in advance to simple load in or premade scenes for lighting testing:)

hereīs the script link for df_primitive generator..

http://www.danielefederico.it/works.php?pag=script

Michael