PDA

View Full Version : Interesting technique 2

Pavlov
06-30-2010, 02:07 AM
Hi,
trying a way to spray point locally directly in Layout for Kray's instancing.
I wanted to control them from Camera POV, so i came up with this solution.. not so interactive but it may work:

- Set ground object (or the object you want to spray points onto) as emitter and give it a high number of particles so local density is the one you want.
- Make a print-screen fo camera view and go in Photoshop, then paint manually in BW areas where yo uwant points.
- Go back to Layout and put this image in Birth Rate's T channel, in Front Projection mode.

This *should* cut particles where image is black and allow particlew where it's white. It works but oine i use ShiftCamera P correction, it gets messed. Any suggestion in order to make it work ans from ShiftCamera corrected POV ?
Then a side question: is someone here able and willing to code a simple spray point tool which which allow me to:
- decide radius and rate (like Modeler's spray point)
- spray points onto surfaces in layout
- save sprayed points as object

BTW i'm goint to pay properly for this.

Thanks,
Paolo

3dworks
06-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi,
trying a way to spray point locally directly in Layout for Kray's instancing.
I wanted to control them from Camera POV, so i came up with this solution.. not so interactive but it may work:

- Set ground object (or the object you want to spray points onto) as emitter and give it a high number of particles so local density is the one you want.
- Make a print-screen fo camera view and go in Photoshop, then paint manually in BW areas where yo uwant points.
- Go back to Layout and put this image in Birth Rate's T channel, in Front Projection mode.

This *should* cut particles where image is black and allow particlew where it's white. It works but oine i use ShiftCamera P correction, it gets messed. Any suggestion in order to make it work ans from ShiftCamera corrected POV ?
Then a side question: is someone here able and willing to code a simple spray point tool which which allow me to:
- decide radius and rate (like Modeler's spray point)
- spray points onto surfaces in layout
- save sprayed points as object

BTW i'm goint to pay properly for this.

Thanks,
Paolo

i'm in for supporting a development of such a tool ;)

cheers

markus