PDA

View Full Version : KURV....ordering problems

JAW
06-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Im posting here since Im know he always here, and will see this...

I tryed to ored a few DVD's that I got a special offer in my e-mail about. When i added them to my baskit, they didnt reflect the price in the e-mail, and were 300% more money then in the e-mail. So i didnt order them. I would like to order them at the price Kurv Studios sent me in the mailing.

*BSG: lighting and Rendering
*BSG: explosions vol 1
*BSG: Gun & Enigines FX

Dexter2999
06-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Not 100% sure about the mailing but in the past there has been a "promotional code" somewhere in the email. You type that in at the time of checkout (meaning when you go to pay) and the discount gets applied.

Try it. If it doesn't work you can cancel the order when they ask you to confirm all information.

JAW
06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Not 100% sure about the mailing but in the past there has been a "promotional code" somewhere in the email. You type that in at the time of checkout (meaning when you go to pay) and the discount gets applied.

Try it. If it doesn't work you can cancel the order when they ask you to confirm all information.

Yep, i have the promo codes, but theres no were to submit it upon check-out.
and I tyred to purchase the day I got the e-mail, so theres no reason it might be over. Also tryed to contact Kurv threw there site, no response. I have ordered many times in the past, with always great results, hopefully I can get this resovled, and get those orders in, :)

realgray
06-29-2010, 02:07 PM
The sale ended Sunday, did you order before then?

kurv
06-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Sorry I was out at a meeting this morning...

If you are talking about the clearance sale, it ended Sunday, sorry. We sent out two notices about it :/.

JAW
06-29-2010, 07:32 PM
humm, i got the e-mail on the 26th, and thats the day i tryed to order them, :(

stevenpalomino
06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
yeah same thing happened to me! I tried to order and it was trying to charge me $30 instead of $10! oh well.. loss for them!

JAW
07-01-2010, 06:56 PM
O'well, must have not got the 1st e-mail. Either way, I'll probly order them anyway. Always nice to save a few bucks, and get more stuff in the future.

geo_n
07-13-2010, 04:59 AM
Been looking at kurv website and the training vids are way too fewer than before. I was going to rate a lot of them since some free time opened up but kat, splinegod, and 3dc training videos are gone. So what to do with Customer Follow-up if the titles are gone. Lol!
Is kurv closing?

GandB
07-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Wow; didn't expect to see Splinegod going......is Kurv closing?

djlithium
07-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Wow; didn't expect to see Splinegod going......is Kurv closing?

If you miss us, please visit, www.liberty3d.com (http://www.liberty3d.com). We will continue to support the training materials we have done elsewhere through Liberty3d.com - training areas and on our forums if you are in a jam or need help. Remember that we are always there and now even more accessible than before with new stuff on the way all the time. I'm recording more stuff this weekend and I know a couple of the other guys are as well.

There is also some new tool development going on there, outside of QuadPanels, Ref Image (Leigh Bambforth's awesome image reference tool), etc, but nothing to see just yet that's coming down the pipe - but it is coming.
Some of you will be picked out of the crowd to help test when the time comes.

As for backroom politics... well, I am usually the guy who's locked out.

djlithium
07-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Then can we expect the 2nd Fusion class when you were with Kurv - where the recorded file ended up corrupted - will be recreated so that those of us who missed the webinar can actually receive the download? THAT... would be very nice AND appreciated.

You know I re-recorded that and sent it to Kurv's ftp and I don't know what happened from there. I have never even seen any of my own videos from there. I have never been provided with them.

I don't have a fusion 6 license ( it was temporary) anymore but I will see what I can do. Actually a few people have been asking for some more fusion vids and I am more than happy to make them and others are also working on Fusion vids so you will see stuff on that app for subject matter rather soon.

inquisitive
07-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Then can we expect the 2nd Fusion class when you were with Kurv - where the recorded file ended up corrupted - will be recreated so that those of us who missed the webinar can actually receive the download? THAT... would be very nice AND appreciated.

This really should be something to take up with Kurv Studios, specially if Kat already provided the content. I know as of late you have been Kurv's cheerleader (hehe).

The fact remains that Kurv/Wes seems to have bit more than he could chew, and in the process all of us suffered a great deal. He did manage to make things right even if he took months (remember that lipsync download - almost took SIX months to produce), just not right.

Frankly I am amazed how in this recession, and with our limited funds we all have, he just plain and simple dropped the ball after collecting the cash. You really cannot feel sorry for his circumstances when he keeps on doing the same thing over and over.. been almost of year of issues.

I would still order from him If he had something I was interested in buying but I almost always anticipate that I won't see it right away - which again it's just bad business. (to his record, it has been quite a change with the automated downloads practically instantly - up to recently I was buying hard copies)

kurv
07-21-2010, 10:31 AM
inquisitive,

The issue with the fusion training is we have been dealing with universal on the assets used in the 9 - 10 videos. That is also why you have not seen that video released as a retail version.

The assets used in these 9-10 videos were in question so we had to cease production and distribution.

We are cleared now to fulfill orders of customers who already paid (as of this week), so we will be getting you the raw files.

This has been an issue for a while now... were just now getting past the attorneys and dark lords of the federation ;).

Sorry we could not say anything sooner... that was at the direction of our attorney. We are free and clear now.

inquisitive
07-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Megalodon,

hehe, if you read carefully you will see I was referring to the delay issues in general (ongoing for some time now with all the trainings) not specifically to the Fusion training (you are the one that is complaining about that specific one).

Wes, should have actually addressed his post to you, but you were informed none the less.

I do hope Kurv gets back on track, obviously if we are spending time talking about it is because we wish for him to do so (otherwise why waste the time.. just move on).