PDA

View Full Version : 32 Bit Reg Code versus 64 Bit

kirkeric
06-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Hello,

I just upgraded my system to a 64 bit system and my understanding is that as an owner already of LW 32 bit, I am entitled to either. On the product downloads page, it states that the registration code is different for 64 bit and I was wondering if someone could tell me where to get that proper code?

Thanks,
Eric

UnCommonGrafx
06-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Sure,
Go through the registration but for 64bit. It will send you the info and then keep it in your registration area.
Works a treat and you should be up quickly.

kirkeric
06-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the quick response! Appreciate it.

Eric

Sure,
Go through the registration but for 64bit. It will send you the info and then keep it in your registration area.

kirkeric
06-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Well, looks like I am mostly there. I used the registration utility and it did provide a seperate code and emailed it to me but when I launch LW, it still says I am not registered.

It says "Your license key was not found. Contact Newtek to get a permanent license key"

Eric

Sure,

nickdigital
06-26-2010, 01:20 PM
You need to put your license key into the license.key file in your programs folder of your Newtek 64 bit install.

kirkeric
06-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Could you be a bit more clear? I installed both 32 and 64 bit. 32 bit seems fine now in both modeler and layout but 64 bit still shows not registered. I'm not sure why I would have to do this procedure since I've never had to before unless it has to do with both versions. Nonetheless, I've looked for a license.key file and I do not see it anywhere.

Thanks,
Eric

You need to put your license key into the license.key file in your programs folder of your Newtek 64 bit install.

Lewis
06-26-2010, 02:24 PM
you have to register 64bit separately to get 64bit KEY (which i assume you already did?). If you didn't make it manually (just text file with saved name "License.key" and put it under Lw64bit/Programs folder then start layout 64bit in discovery mode (no key found as it's now in your case) and then go to "Help/Enter License" which should bring up popup with your dongle ID and enter filed for license number. Then type in your number (copy/paste should work) and hit OK and then CLOSE LW and Restart. It should work after that just fine.

nickdigital
06-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Do what Lewis is describing.

Just make sure you file is license.key. Not license.key.txt.

32 and 64 bit use different license key numbers even though you have the one dongle. If you were to use your dongle on a mac you would even need a third license key.

On a side note you can have multiple license keys in a single file. Useful if you have multiple seats/dongles.

kirkeric
06-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, not having much luck with this. I did make the text file (no .txt ext), placed it in the folder, though the specific folder is unclear. I just placed it in programs/LW 9.6/

I did the help/enter license and it said it can not open the file.

Eric

you have to register 64bit separately to get 64bit KEY (which i assume you already did?). If you didn't make it manually (just text file with saved name "License.key" and put it under Lw64bit/Programs folder then start layout 64bit in discovery mode (no key found as it's now in your case) and then go to "Help/Enter License" which should bring up popup with your dongle ID and enter filed for license number. Then type in your number (copy/paste should work) and hit OK and then CLOSE LW and Restart. It should work after that just fine.

nickdigital
06-26-2010, 03:55 PM
It should be placed in the NewTek/Lightwave/Programs folder.

On my system it goes here:
C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.6\Programs

The same folder that has the lightwave.exe and modeler.exe files.

Your license numbers should be 16 digits with a dash separating every 4 digits.

kirkeric
06-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Now we're cookin!

Thanks to all.

Eric

It should be placed in the NewTek/Lightwave/Programs folder.

On my system it goes here:
C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.6\Programs

The same folder that has the lightwave.exe and modeler.exe files.

Your license numbers should be 16 digits with a dash separating every 4 digits.