PDA

View Full Version : Replace Move with Move Plus?

erikals
06-26-2010, 07:01 AM
wouldn't it make sense to add falloff to the "Move Plus" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNYHQkC_RCw) tool and then get rid of the old "Move" tool?

also, is "Point Normal Move" tool needed now that we have "Move Plus" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNYHQkC_RCw)? can't the point move option be added to Move Plus?

can these 3 tools become 1?

daforum
06-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Just watched the tutorial in your link, and will be using this tool a lot from now on.

(and yes I agree, they should all be combined in to 1 tool) :)

npix
06-26-2010, 10:13 AM
watched the tutorial, thank's for pointing out, but I can't find Move Plus anywhere, must of deleted it any ideas where I can download it ?

Kuzey
06-26-2010, 12:21 PM
watched the tutorial, thank's for pointing out, but I can't find Move Plus anywhere, must of deleted it any ideas where I can download it ?

Have a look inside the "more" dropdown menu in the transform group, under the Modify tab.

ps...I do believe, it's called "Translate" in the "edit menu layout" panel. Look under the "Modeler tools" group of the command list..the left panel.

Kuzey

npix
06-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Thank's Kuzey, had a look but nope,
I also searched in Edit Menu, Layout & Edit Keyboard shortcuts, then searched the whole hard drive but no trace of it, I think I may of deleted it during one of my spring cleans...

Kuzey
06-26-2010, 01:28 PM
That's strange....have you tried looking in the "edit plug-ins" panel, Translate is part of the ModelerTools.plugin (Mac version...could be a different extension on the PC).

The other thing I can think of, is that you might have got your layout menu presets set to one that doesn't have move plus...maybe 8.5 style??

Best of Luck,

Kuzey

Lewis
06-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Naaaahh, all those crazy named tools with plus, pro, no2, super.... tools should be added to their proper named tools to extend their functionality and then kill those and stop that crazy naming scheme once for all :) ;).

In other words why not adding this SINGLE functionality to RMB of regular move tool (RMB is free doesn't do anything right now) instead adding falloffs to this one ?

npix
06-26-2010, 02:41 PM
That's strange....have you tried looking in the "edit plug-ins" panel, Translate is part of the ModelerTools.plugin (Mac version...could be a different extension on the PC).

The other thing I can think of, is that you might have got your layout menu presets set to one that doesn't have move plus...maybe 8.5 style??

Best of Luck,

Kuzey

Thanks Kuzey, had set it to studio and tweaked it a bit, soon as I set menu layout back to default it reappeared.

daforum
06-30-2010, 04:34 PM
I can't find "Move Plus" either. The only one I can find is "Translate Plus"
Is that the same?

Lewis
06-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I can't find "Move Plus" either. The only one I can find is "Translate Plus"
Is that the same?

Nope, Translate Plus is different and much more powerfull but also complicated for quick stuff since it needs some preparation to achieve what you want.

daforum
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the info Lewis. I still can't find Move Plus!!?

erikals
06-30-2010, 07:05 PM
try Ctrl+F10 then search "Move Plus"

ramccombe
06-30-2010, 07:18 PM
For me it is here Modify, Translate, More. Hope this helps.

Snosrap
06-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Modeler's Move tools are all crap because the action centers are limited. We need one move tool with good options and really good action center implementation.

daforum
07-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Found it! It was buried amongst the additional plugins; but when i highlighted it it the edit menu window and hit "Find" it highlighted "Translate" on the left-hand side even though it's called "Move Plus".

When using the plugin (Move Plus) in Modeler if I hit the "n" key it has the title "Translate" at the top of the numeric window.

I now have it under Modify/Move/More and i'm glad it's there!