PDA

View Full Version : Dongle Problem on Win 7 - Tech Support needed!

silviotoledo
06-25-2010, 12:38 PM
When I open registration utility, it does not find my lock ID.
I choose scan lock ID, but it says " Dongle not Found, Trial Mode "

What's is wrong? Is it possible Dongle is denied?

OnlineRender
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
sometime win7 drivers dont pick up usb devices . . . . . .

kahalany
06-26-2010, 05:18 PM
I had the same problem with LW HC. If you're talking about LW 9.6 try reinstalling the sentinel drivers. If it's LW HC you should re-install CORE which in turn updates your sentinel drivers to the latest version.

All the best,

Royie

StevieB
06-27-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm 'having' the same problem. I got lightwave to install correctly on my laptop with windows 7 but now I'm trying to get it to install correctly on my desktop and it's not finding my dongle despite my installing the latest sentinal drivers and my pc telling me that it has successfully installed my usb device (the dongle). I think I may have messed lightwave up when I moved my main Lightwave folder to the C drive instead of the C/programs folder (I'm trying to set up screamernet and the tutorial told me to do this). Any ideas?

kahalany
06-27-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm 'having' the same problem. I got lightwave to install correctly on my laptop with windows 7 but now I'm trying to get it to install correctly on my desktop and it's not finding my dongle despite my installing the latest sentinal drivers and my pc telling me that it has successfully installed my usb device (the dongle). I think I may have messed lightwave up when I moved my main Lightwave folder to the C drive instead of the C/programs folder (I'm trying to set up screamernet and the tutorial told me to do this). Any ideas?

Did you MOVE LW directory as a whole or INSTALLED it to the C:\ foder? If you just moved it - that would probably be the problem as not all of the software components updated themselves to the change.
Try reinstalling LW to its default directory and see if the problem remains. There's really no need to install LW to C:\ in order to use screamernet as you can simply map LW's folder to any available drive letter. Mine is L:\ for obvious reason. :)

Good luck,

Royie